Corey Dauphine

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Krewe of Ham & Eggs
High Tide

Per his Instagram page his college career is over due to a torn Achilles. His post was reshared by the Tulane football account.

Tulane Class of 2004
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Krewe of Ham & Eggs wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:13 pm Per his Instagram page his college career is over due to a torn Achilles. His post was reshared by the Tulane football account.
He was a very talented player that, for whatever reasons, never really found his way into getting the touches his talent deserved. Fortunately we're loaded at RB, and Spears will get more touches as a result.

I wish Corey all the best in life.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Really sorry to hear that. This could have been his break out season that would have led him to the NFL. It's also a blow to the team. He had a gear that others just don't have. We have other good backs but he had that ability to just bust a big one at anytime.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
swampnik
Surge

So disappointed for Corey and us. Just when you thought the Wave might be safe to venture into the deep end......
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Ruski
Swell

Huge blow. Devastating as he had a real shot to get a look at the next level. Injuries always seemed to be his biggest weakness. Feel for the kid
Bigschtick
Riptide

swampnik wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:48 pm So disappointed for Corey and us. Just when you thought the Wave might be safe to venture into the deep end......

Yes, very disappointing!!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
JerseyWave
Riptide

What if the college football season gets pushed to next spring? There is that possibility.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is awful. I feel like I jinxed him in the other thread, I thought this was this year. I felt confidant he was going to be a man amongst boys this year, sending my best to him.
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenie78
Riptide

Sucks. Just awful luck.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Not to be callous, but does this open up a spot for a transfer ?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Man, feel terrible for Corey.
tufinal4
High Tide

How did this happen
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:44 pm Not to be callous, but does this open up a spot for a transfer ?
I don't think so. If he's started a graduate program, Tulane has to honor the scholarship.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:44 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:44 pm Not to be callous, but does this open up a spot for a transfer ?
I don't think so. If he's started a graduate program, Tulane has to honor the scholarship.
I thnk there is a medical, "unable to play' waiver that can be used to add a player...and no, I am not thinking about the nfl "pup' rule
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

The kid has just always fought injuries. Really sad.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's called a medical hardship. So yes it opens one.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tufinal4 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:38 pm How did this happen
This has been a big concern. Trying to rush things back will lead to injuries. Many have been quoted as saying they are as worried about these type of injuries as they are about players getting the virus.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This really bums me out (an understatement compared to the young man). I think we all really believed this was his year and hall and coach would fit ally get him the ball
TXWave88
Surge

Total Bummer and feel horrible for Corey. Wish him the best of the luck in his bright future.
Wave755
Tsunami

Sad, Corey Dauphine will always be remembered as a "magnificent might have been" for Green Wave football. He made some great runs for us, but we all feel he was only played to about 10% of his potential.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:37 pm Sad, Corey Dauphine will always be remembered as a "magnificent might have been" for Green Wave football. He made some great runs for us, but we all feel he was only played to about 10% of his potential.
He was often injured, mostly minor things. I can remember one game where he had something like 160 yards on 10 carries and we all wondered why Coach didn't feed him the ball. We found out a few days later he was suffering cramps. He had a ton of talent, but couldn't stay on the field. This is a loss of a weapon for the Wave, but it's hardly a season killer.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:39 pm
Wave755 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:37 pm Sad, Corey Dauphine will always be remembered as a "magnificent might have been" for Green Wave football. He made some great runs for us, but we all feel he was only played to about 10% of his potential.
He was often injured, mostly minor things. I can remember one game where he had something like 160 yards on 10 carries and we all wondered why Coach didn't feed him the ball. We found out a few days later he was suffering cramps. He had a ton of talent, but couldn't stay on the field. This is a loss of a weapon for the Wave, but it's hardly a season killer.
True, thankfully we are loaded at running back. Our quarterback play will determine what kind of a season we will have for 2020, assuming we have a 2020 season? Take a look at what is happening for MLB as we speak? https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/how- ... 20-season/

And, many are predicting a "second wave" of Covid-19 for the fall. :shakingno:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

So frustrating. We'll never know what might have been. I was really hoping that with another chance Fritz and Hall might really unleash Corey. Fortunately we still have a ton of talent in the backfield--Jones and Spears should generate a lot of highlights.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
gbgreenie
Surge

Question how did this happen? Well Corey being a track star, may have been sprinting or cutting to get in some work to stay in shape. Usually a soft tissue tear is caused by lack of stretching or warming up before going into a full out mode. Soft tissue muscles, tendons, and ligaments must be properly warmed up and transition before going to the 100% full out mode. Not sure if Track is not happening because that is a social distance sport in itself. May have been sprinting.
Causes
Achilles tendon injuries are common in people who do things where they quickly speed up, slow down, or pivot, such as:

Running
Gymnastics
Dance
Football
Baseball
Softball
Basketball
Tennis
Volleyball
These injuries tend to happen when you start moving suddenly as you push off and lift your foot rather than when you land. For instance, a sprinter might get one at the start of a race as he surges off the starting block. The abrupt action can be too much for the tendon to handle. Men over 30 are particularly prone to Achilles tendon injuries.