2020 Tulane Football Preseason Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenie78
Riptide

They can find a way to play responsibly.

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane just sent an email saying they will not be selling season tickets this year
Should fans be allowed in the stands (decided 10 days before each game), season ticket holders will get first chance at buying based on their priority points
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:14 pm Tulane just sent an email saying they will not be selling season tickets this year
Should fans be allowed in the stands (decided 10 days before each game), season ticket holders will get first chance at buying based on their priority points

It's poorly worded. They already sold season tickets. I bought mine. What they meant to say is they won't be selling more going forward.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:32 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:14 pm Tulane just sent an email saying they will not be selling season tickets this year

It's poorly worded. They already sold season tickets. I bought mine. What they meant to say is they won't be selling more going forward.
If you bought already you can get a refund, use for a credit or donate to the GWC. I bought mine in February also. I’ll just donate it as I did with my baseball tickets.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 pm

If you bought already you can get a refund, use for a credit or donate to the GWC. I bought mine in February also. I’ll just donate it as I did with my baseball tickets.
Yep. That's what I said . They had already sold season tickets. it was a poorly worded email and you should have known that like I did. But as we all know you are the one poster who has never admitted he is wrong though you've been wrong so many to times one loses count.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:01 am

Yep. That's what I said . They had already sold season tickets. it was a poorly worded email and you should have known that like I did. But as we all know you are the one poster who has never admitted he is wrong though you've been wrong so many to times one loses count.
I did know that since I also bought my season tickets earlier. I posted the Tulane email to let others know in case it effected them. You took it to be about you but it’s about anyone that bought earlier and didn’t know their options.
I’m not arguing about how it could have been better written. I was just passing along the information Tulane sent out on the different options available if anyone else also bought early like we had.
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

Is the SEC region healthy enough for college football? NCAA's coronavirus guidelines, data say no

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 106e7.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:09 am
winwave wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:01 am

I did know that since I also bought my season tickets earlier. I posted the Tulane email to let others know in case it effected them. You took it to be about you but it’s about anyone that bought earlier and didn’t know their options.
I’m not arguing about how it could have been better written. I was just passing along the information Tulane sent out on the different options available if anyone else also bought early like we had.
Didn't take it to be about me at all. It was a misleading post. Season tickets were sold. Just clarifying it for people. Simple as that.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I undestand a WR (Toles?) has been moved to CB
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Which in my mind is good news that there’s beyond sufficient depth at WR.

We won’t beat a dead horse but if you look at the type of recruits and transfers that SMU/Memphis gets at WR it’s a massive gap of what we have at Tulane.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:05 am Is the SEC region healthy enough for college football? NCAA's coronavirus guidelines, data say no

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 106e7.html
Fortunately, the SEC region will get to find out--unlike the surrender squads in the PAC 12 and Big 10 regions.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
MicMan
Swell

"Surrender squads"

LOLOLOLOL
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

USM had two of their best players just opt out and say they’re going to transfer. I don’t think we needed the “help” for that matchup.
galvezwave
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:20 pm USM had two of their best players just opt out and say they’re going to transfer. I don’t think we needed the “help” for that matchup.
Wait, what? That’s an odd excuse. Are they looking for a place where they don’t have to play ? Is that what it’s coming to? Just eliminate all sports and be done.
Dave breslin
Swell

PAC 12 and Big 10 opted out of football until they can find a way to beat teams from the south.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Per guerrey: Fritz is giving the team two days off and a light day Friday, but scrimmage Saturday. Hopefully we will get some notes from the Scrimmage.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Frustrating to see BYU add Army (sept 19th) and La Tech figure out their Baylor game (sept 12th) while we play USA On sept 12th.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I was really busy when Andrew Allegretta interviewed Dannen and Hall. A lot of what Dannen says is old news, but the Hall interview is extremely encouraging. Hall says we'll run a "Pro Style" offense featuring 8-12 more passing plays per game. Hall takes over about the 25 minute mark or so.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2020/8 ... -hall.aspx

If you haven't heard it, or even if you have, it's a good listen.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:06 pm Frustrating to see BYU add Army (sept 19th) and La Tech figure out their Baylor game (sept 12th) while we play USA On sept 12th.
Dannen panicked , should have waited for Big12 to decide . Had he , we'd be playing at Baylor .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Since CUSA seems to be playing, what about Rice?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
wave97
Swell

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:53 am PAC 12 and Big 10 opted out of football until they can find a way to beat teams from the south.
The football participation rates of high school football are plummeting in most regions of the country. The high school I graduated from in 1980 had a football roster of over 100 kids. Today they don't have enough kids to effectivley practice. Soccer. Basketball, Baseball & Lacrosse are booming.
Jaxwave
Swell

It’s obvious what Dannen was doing, trying to schedule a sure win in case we need it to qualify for a bowl. That’s assuming they even have bowl games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's not just that. In college you don't get any preseason games. So many teams try and get an easy first game under their belt to work the kinks out before moving up.