Has YOGWF gone out of business?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenLantern
Swell

Thu May 21, 2020 4:14 pm

JTLiuzza wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:21 pm
winwave wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 am
DfromCT wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:18 am
winwave wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 pm
Wayne's board, IMHO, on the old local newspaper site, was a great precursor to the YOGWF. Wayne was accepting of most differing opinions. He was a good man and a great Tulane fan.
That's not true. .You either agreed with him or he would delete an entire thread.

He was such an embarrassment as a fan that RJ banned him from Tulane Baseball games.
I had a better experience than that with Wayne. He never deleted a thread on the Tulane board at NOLA.com that I had started, and was the one that introduced me to the YOGWF. YOGWF was the end of the NOLA.com Tulane board.
There was another board that he had that I'm referring to. He then sold it to his buddy jts. Then he took over our Scout.com site and tried the same thing with deletions. I told him it was a pay site and he couldn't do that and if he did it I would sue him and have the site shut down. He backed down after that.
Winwave I don't think that' accurate although my memory could be faulty. Wayne's board was not the nola board, as you correctly say. It was a primitive board, even by the standards of the time. Some may recall; green background with white text and that's it. You could start threads, and any responses would appear in indented/nested fashion beneath the OP, consuming the same amount of vertical space on the screen.

It was the only game in town pretty much back then and so saw a good amount of traffic. Wayne didn't sell the board to JtS. He abandoned it in favor of his much more modern, easier to monetize, and easier to moderate scout site.

So his original board remained, unmoderated, but still with traffic. It turned into a cesspool. lsu guys were spamming it daily. You could start about fifteen or so "Tulane s**ks" threads and it would scroll everything else off the board so whenever you visited the site, that's all you would see.

JtS contacted the folks who hosted the site and asked them to shut it down because it really had become a disgrace to Tulane once Wayne abandoned it. They refused on the grounds that it was generating too much traffic for them to shut down.

So JtS took over the board from them via whatever financial arrangement. Thus began his infamous career as board master.

It wasn't long after that he realized he couldn't police the board adequately by himself so he began soliciting mods from the regular posters. I was one of them.

A few of the other mods he brought on board decided to impose their own view of things, absent any real content guidelines to the board. They deleted content simply because they didn't like it, with no rhyme or reason. And injected commentary that had no place on an athletics board, mostly politics, which made visiting unpleasant. Some folks can't help themselves.

I wrote JtS to discuss the situation with him and to point out that what we needed was a specific set of guidelines regarding content, and what did and didn't define legitimate deletion of posts. He responded by putting the ball in my court. He agreed with my point and basically said, "OK. Write them up." And I did.

That was the beginning of the rules; put in place originally not to stifle good discussion, but solely as an attempt to control a$$hole moderators. That's it. It obviously didn't work. It should have but it didn't, and that's on JtS. But I've told that tale here before I think.

Anyway, that's my recollection. I think JtS took over Wayne's board at some point during the Bowden years or very shortly thereafter.

By the time the "review" reared it's ugly head, Wayne's original board was a gone pecan as JtS had moved to a more modern site. The nola site was up and running as the only other free site. The review leaker (Bisso I think) attempted to use JtS's site to get the info out before Cowen could consummate his slimy deed. JtS and his heavy handed, out of control, mindless mods repeatedly deleted the leak, obviously without even lifting a finger to attempt to verify the report, thereby unwittingly running cover for Cowen and aiding and abetting his attempt to crush D1 football at Tulane. Nobody should ever let them forget that.

The leaker then put it on the nola site, where it wasn't deleted but generated discussion. It was picked up from there by Buddy D in the local sports media and the cat was out of the bag for for that slime Cowen and his board.
Interesting history lesson. Thanks. I posted infrequently on the nola site. I remember there were several characters that would schedule fist fights upon any minor disagreement. Funny stuff, anyway. HaveAHotDog was one of my favorites. He was like Buddy D's caller, Omar the Tentmaker.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thu May 21, 2020 4:46 pm

JTLiuzza wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Wayne's board, IMHO, on the old local newspaper site, was a great precursor to the YOGWF. Wayne was accepting of most differing opinions. He was a good man and a great Tulane fan.
That's not true. .You either agreed with him or he would delete an entire thread.

He was such an embarrassment as a fan that RJ banned him from Tulane Baseball games.
I had a better experience than that with Wayne. He never deleted a thread on the Tulane board at NOLA.com that I had started, and was the one that introduced me to the YOGWF. YOGWF was the end of the NOLA.com Tulane board.
There was another board that he had that I'm referring to. He then sold it to his buddy jts. Then he took over our Scout.com site and tried the same thing with deletions. I told him it was a pay site and he couldn't do that and if he did it I would sue him and have the site shut down. He backed down after that.
Winwave I don't think that' accurate although my memory could be faulty. Wayne's board was not the nola board, as you correctly say. It was a primitive board, even by the standards of the time. Some may recall; green background with white text and that's it. You could start threads, and any responses would appear in indented/nested fashion beneath the OP, consuming the same amount of vertical space on the screen.

It was the only game in town pretty much back then and so saw a good amount of traffic. Wayne didn't sell the board to JtS. He abandoned it in favor of his much more modern, easier to monetize, and easier to moderate scout site.

So his original board remained, unmoderated, but still with traffic. It turned into a cesspool. lsu guys were spamming it daily. You could start about fifteen or so "Tulane s**ks" threads and it would scroll everything else off the board so whenever you visited the site, that's all you would see.

JtS contacted the folks who hosted the site and asked them to shut it down because it really had become a disgrace to Tulane once Wayne abandoned it. They refused on the grounds that it was generating too much traffic for them to shut down.

So JtS took over the board from them via whatever financial arrangement. Thus began his infamous career as board master.

It wasn't long after that he realized he couldn't police the board adequately by himself so he began soliciting mods from the regular posters. I was one of them.

A few of the other mods he brought on board decided to impose their own view of things, absent any real content guidelines to the board. They deleted content simply because they didn't like it, with no rhyme or reason. And injected commentary that had no place on an athletics board, mostly politics, which made visiting unpleasant. Some folks can't help themselves.

I wrote JtS to discuss the situation with him and to point out that what we needed was a specific set of guidelines regarding content, and what did and didn't define legitimate deletion of posts. He responded by putting the ball in my court. He agreed with my point and basically said, "OK. Write them up." And I did.

That was the beginning of the rules; put in place originally not to stifle good discussion, but solely as an attempt to control a$$hole moderators. That's it. It obviously didn't work. It should have but it didn't, and that's on JtS. But I've told that tale here before I think.

Anyway, that's my recollection. I think JtS took over Wayne's board at some point during the Bowden years or very shortly thereafter.

By the time the "review" reared it's ugly head, Wayne's original board was a gone pecan as JtS had moved to a more modern site. The nola site was up and running as the only other free site. The review leaker (Bisso I think) attempted to use JtS's site to get the info out before Cowen could consummate his slimy deed. JtS and his heavy handed, out of control, mindless mods repeatedly deleted the leak, obviously without even lifting a finger to attempt to verify the report, thereby unwittingly running cover for Cowen and aiding and abetting his attempt to crush D1 football at Tulane. Nobody should ever let them forget that.

The leaker then put it on the nola site, where it wasn't deleted but generated discussion. It was picked up from there by Buddy D in the local sports media and the cat was out of the bag for for that slime Cowen and his board.
Thanks. The account I gave above has been posted by several different posters on yogwf over the years. Part of the deal was that jts was supposed to get people to join Wayne's pay site. jts was a member of it.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thu May 21, 2020 4:50 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:43 pm
JTLiuzza wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Great stuff! Thx.
As far as Wayne being banned from baseball. The story told to me by RJ was that Wayne would frequently attend practice. On this one particular day he decided to sit in dugout. Once practice was over Rick and Schloss wanted to have a team only meeting. Neither one knew Wayne so RJ asked if he was a member of the Athletic dept and Wayne said no that he was just an observer/fan. Rick then told Wayne he had to leave the dugout and in the future watch practice from the stands. Wayne got upset and took it upon himself to just leave. I guess over the years the story may have evolved but Rick confirmed to me that he has never had anyone banned.
I was at the game when Wayne went way over the line. I forget after all these years exactly what he yelled but EVERYONE cringed. He was ejected and was never seen at another baseball game. Afterwards some of the big donors of that period said he had been banned by RJ. Apparently not but I can assure that was the last time he was seen at a game.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
Wave755
Riptide

Thu May 21, 2020 5:02 pm

Gotula Wave fans, YOGGIE is back up again. :confused:
http://www.yogwf.com/
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 pm

Wave755 wrote:
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Rat
Trickle

Thu May 21, 2020 6:56 pm

I say again Wayne was the greatest Tulane fan. His knowledge and digging on recruiting was Sherlock Holmes like. Way before all the recruiting sites. His attendance at all Tulane games of every sport was exemplary. His loud “White trash” disruptive manners were part of who he was. He lived for Tulane.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Thu May 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Wave755 wrote:
Down again... who knows.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thu May 21, 2020 10:28 pm

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Down again... who knows.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Riptide

Fri May 22, 2020 9:54 am

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Down again... who knows.
Yep, still down as of this morning?🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
GreenLantern
Swell

Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 am

All the symptoms of a DDOS attack. YOGWF hardly seems as if it would be a worthwhile target.
HoustonWave
Riptide

Fri May 22, 2020 12:29 pm

GreenLantern wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 am
All the symptoms of a DDOS attack. YOGWF hardly seems as if it would be a worthwhile target.
Maybe the hacker will ransom JtS, and not let him delete posts until he's paid a princely sum to the hacker.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Fri May 22, 2020 12:32 pm

I highly doubt their site is getting DDOS'ed. It hasn't been updated in ages (the forum software), and I'm willing to bet it runs on shit hardware.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Riptide

Fri May 22, 2020 12:43 pm

NOLABigSteve wrote:
I highly doubt their site is getting DDOS'ed. It hasn't been updated in ages (the forum software), and I'm willing to bet it runs on shit hardware.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have visions of squirrels running on a treadmill.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Fri May 22, 2020 3:34 pm

HoustonWave wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:43 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have visions of squirrels running on a treadmill.
Squirrels, way too hi tech for the yoggies & yogettes....I think you mean roaches
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fri May 22, 2020 3:37 pm

It’s on 🔐 by JTS 🤣🤣🤣🤣
They scrubbing all the “negative” posts while under quarantine. 🤗
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Riptide

Fri May 22, 2020 8:38 pm

tpstulane wrote:
It’s on 🔐 by JTS 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Now that’s something that may last longer than the virus.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 am

HoustonWave wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:38 pm
tpstulane wrote:
It’s on 🔐 by JTS 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Now that’s something that may last longer than the virus.
For sure!
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Surge

Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 am

Never has so much been written about so few who have done so little.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sat May 23, 2020 12:03 pm

MicMan wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 am
Never has so much been written about so few who have done so little.
to quote Lou Holtz.."when all is said an done, more will be said, than done"
DfromCT
Green Wave

Sat May 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Somebody put a mercy bullet into YOGWF. Let the posters there come here, but let them know we sometimes post things they don't like to see posted. Tough tits.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
HoustonWave
Riptide

Sat May 23, 2020 8:20 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:27 pm
Somebody put a mercy bullet into YOGWF. Let the posters there come here, but let them know we sometimes post things they don't like to see posted. Tough tits.
Yea. Many transfers from Yoggie would have to grow some harder bark on them.
Forever TU
High Tide

Sat May 23, 2020 9:27 pm

The comments on this thread Smdh.
Bicoastalwave
Swell

Sat May 23, 2020 9:59 pm

Personally I welcome all Tulane fans. It would be nice to have a critical mass in one place
ajcalhoun
Swell

Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm

They know how to find us. Nothing's stopping them.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
Wave755
Riptide

Sun May 24, 2020 7:09 am

As of this morning YOGGIE is still comatose, or instead dead?