CFN's Otis Day and the Knights preview

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I thought this would be about the best Knights in D1: UCF Knights.

But this preview is very strange. It talks about what made the Black Knights of the Hudson take a step back in 2019, then talks about how they've lost key contributors on both sides of the ball. Yet it predicts 8-10 wins, implying that the Tulane game is a toss up. I don't get it at all.

I'd also like to see the CFN FULL Tulane preview. I can only find a one page preview from January or February.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:36 am I thought this would be about the best Knights in D1: UCF Knights.

But this preview is very strange. It talks about what made the Black Knights of the Hudson take a step back in 2019, then talks about how they've lost key contributors on both sides of the ball. Yet it predicts 8-10 wins, implying that the Tulane game is a toss up. I don't get it at all.

I'd also like to see the CFN FULL Tulane preview. I can only find a one page preview from January or February.
.when the UCF preview is published, it will be under the AAC schools thread...I think the article calls for a L when playing @Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:00 am
DfromCT wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:36 am I thought this would be about the best Knights in D1: UCF Knights.

.when the UCF preview is published, it will be under the AAC schools thread...I think the article calls for a L when playing @Tulane
I didn't know they predicted games for 2022! That's the earliest we will play them at Yulman after dropping a 34-31 decision there last November. This year will be in Orlando, or at least it's scheduled there as of this moment.

UCF has lost 4 games in 2 years, last year losing 3 by a total of 7 points! Their loss to LSU in the 2018 bowl game (played in 2019 after the New Year) was overshadowed by the loss of the best player, IMHO, in D1 football that season. McKenzie Milton was a very special talent, and even though they got very good QB play, the Knights didn't March On with their difference making leader last year. All three losses would have been wins were he the QB. But he may never take another snap, the injury was that severe. Still, UCF figures to be the team to beat once again in the AAC East.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:10 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:00 am

The article I was referring to, is the one posted...ARMY

I didn't know they predicted games for 2022! That's the earliest we will play them at Yulman after dropping a 34-31 decision there last November. This year will be in Orlando, or at least it's scheduled there as of this moment.

UCF has lost 4 games in 2 years, last year losing 3 by a total of 7 points! Their loss to LSU in the 2018 bowl game (played in 2019 after the New Year) was overshadowed by the loss of the best player, IMHO, in D1 football that season. McKenzie Milton was a very special talent, and even though they got very good QB play, the Knights didn't March On with their difference making leader last year. All three losses would have been wins were he the QB. But he may never take another snap, the injury was that severe. Still, UCF figures to be the team to beat once again in the AAC East.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sorry, 'nut. It read to me like you were waiting for the UCF preview to come out and predict a loss @ Tulane.