Sum readin' material for WF & Staff

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

And just think, at his T-Club introduction in January, 2007 at the Queen and Crescent Hotel on Camp Street, "Buffet" Bob Toledo told us, "the spread was dead." :clap: And, oh by the way, Urban Meyer then coaching Florida won the 2007 BCS National Championship running, you guessed it, the spread. :D So, who else but "Buffet" Bob? :thumbup: :lol: :D
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Not defending Bob but he played to his strength Matt Forte.
LSU in 2019 was just so loaded with talent. Look at the NFL daft. They killed it. Burrow had a phenomenal year to go along with being able to toss to the best WR’s in the country.
The spread only goes as far as your QB. LSU this coming year (should it be played) with Miles Brennan back there will have a big drop off from Burrow. They also lost their “Rich Rod” to the the NFL. So the play calling may also drop off.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:09 am Not defending Bob but he played to his strength Matt Forte.
LSU in 2019 was just so loaded with talent. Look at the NFL daft. They killed it. Burrow had a phenomenal year to go along with being able to toss to the best WR’s in the country.
The spread only goes as far as your QB. LSU this coming year (should it be played) with Miles Brennan back there will have a big drop off from Burrow. They also lost their “Rich Rod” to the the NFL. So the play calling may also drop off.
I may be mistaken, but I think Rich Rod and Hal Mumme are lookin' for jobs
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane makes the top 25 of all time
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... revolution
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:09 am Not defending Bob but he played to his strength Matt Forte.
True, at the T-Club meeting “Buffet” Bob told us he was going to “run Matt Forte right at people.” And, he said the best offense for the college game was the West Coast Offense and that he, Bill Walsh and others had “invented” the WCO. He further said the Spread had been “solved” by the defensive coordinators and wouldn’t work anymore. We told “Buffet” Bob running Forte right at people might work against Rice but no one else.

After that first meeting I knew we were in trouble for the “Buffet” Bob Toledo hire. And, he came across for the meeting as an “arrogant punk.”
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I met Buffet at a Tulane fund raising Golf Tournament..I was not impressed
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Hypothetical: Willie break through with 9-10 wins this season and departs. Do we revisit the past and make amends for past failures and approach RR ? This is usually an extremely poor strategy (like going after a past high school/college lost love 10 years later).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If it happens after this season Hall would be number 1 on the list. If he took another job instead then it wouldn't hurt to consider RR. Mack Brown is off to a good start in his return to UNC.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:26 pm Hypothetical: Willie break through with 9-10 wins this season and departs. Do we revisit the past and make amends for past failures and approach RR ? This is usually an extremely poor strategy (like going after a past high school/college lost love 10 years later).
I would love to see 9 wins...I think there are 7 winnable games...WF has an "age issue' to deal with, most schools want 'young blood coaches"...The OC seems to be heir to the Tulane throne, and he may employ RR as OC !..
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed May 13, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If there is a season this fall, it will likely be weird, if not chaotic. It's hard to imagine that many schools would flush their coaches after such a season. I doubt they'll be too many openings after the 2020 season, in whatever form it occurs.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Wed May 13, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:10 pm If their is a season this fall, it will likely be weird, if not chaotic. It's hard to imagine that many schools would flush their coaches after such a season. I doubt they'll be too many openings after the 2020 season, in whatever form it occurs.
I agree with this. Everybody is in a money crunch right now and changing coaches is expensive.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:10 pm If there is a season this fall, it will likely be weird, if not chaotic. It's hard to imagine that many schools would flush their coaches after such a season. I doubt they'll be too many openings after the 2020 season, in whatever form it occurs.
Good point.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

The air raid and the spread (aka rpo) are very different offenses. Ju
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:26 pm Hypothetical: Willie break through with 9-10 wins this season and departs. Do we revisit the past and make amends for past failures and approach RR ? This is usually an extremely poor strategy (like going after a past high school/college lost love 10 years later).
+1, Will Hall is the Lindy Infante (1980) or RichRod (1998) of today. Sadly, the Great Lindy Infante died in 2015 and our time for hiring RR was 22 years ago. Time to “let it be” for all the things that might have been for a RR hire.

And instead, Will Hall is “now.”