New Turf Design Reveal Coming

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We'll know tomorrow:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I hope it’s outrageous, make some national news and taunt LSU and other Louisiana programs would be my preference.
anEngineer
Riptide

Let's just hope we get to use it this year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:44 pm Let's just hope we get to use it this year.
Amen.

I also hope it gets rid of the Rick Dickson ugly color scheme. But keeps or enhances the checkerboard endzones.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

it is a NOLA Mardi Gras original..Purple, Gold n Green...complete with a "beaded" end zone
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:44 pm Let's just hope we get to use it this year.
Concur
Wave755
Tsunami

I just hope “metallic lime green” is nowhere to be found for the new field design. Sadly, I will always associate “metallic lime green” with the Cow/Dick Era (error?).👎🏻

A new field design for the further distancing of the program from the Cow/Dick Nightmare should be welcomed by all!👍🏻😎👌🏻
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:42 pm I just hope “metallic lime green” is nowhere to be found for the new field design. Sadly, I will always associate “metallic lime green” with the Cow/Dick Era (error?).👎🏻

A new field design for the further distancing of the program from the Cow/Dick Nightmare should be welcomed by all!👍🏻😎👌🏻
+1
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Did anyone or anybody submit an entry
https://tulanegreenwave.com/sports/2019 ... ntest.aspx
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

I like it, but I'll miss the checkerboards...

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I like it...I was never a fan of the "checkerboards", it was too Tennessee for me.... now if we can just get a second deck, or offices/suites above the stands on the west side, we may look "major league"
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I know there’s not tooo much you can do, but it’s pretty generic. It’s fine. I liked the checkerboards as it was somewhat unique.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I like it. Good job of incorporating the blue.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm I like it...I was never a fan of the "checkerboards", it was too Tennessee for me.... now if we can just get a second deck, or offices/suites above the stands on the west side, we may look "major league"
Amen. Put an end to the Frankenstadium look.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ajcalhoun
Swell

It's a jillion times better than the hideous two-tone, brown and tan eyesore that Dickson got on the cheap. I think we got the generic checkerboard end-zone because it was part of the deal.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I liked the checkerboards. Would love the design a whole lot more if it had green and blue checkerboards in the endzones. That said, it's a big uptick from the ugly green and brown RC bought on the cheap.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm I like it...I was never a fan of the "checkerboards", it was too Tennessee for me.... now if we can just get a second deck, or offices/suites above the stands on the west side, we may look "major league"
+1, and a television screen as well for the North end zone will complete the stadium.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I’m very underwhelmed and unimpressed. Meh.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
ajcalhoun
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:17 pm I liked the checkerboards.

I didn't mind the checkerboards. I just suspect that the reason we had them was that they were cheap.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I wasn't a fan of the checkerboards but like D I felt if we were going to have them they should have been green and blue.
IM42lane
Swell

The newer look to the field is just fine.

Question: When will they add at least another 5000 seats to the WEST and NORTHWEST sections of the stadium?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
anEngineer
Riptide

It's not really that much of a change, but what can you really do without being gimmicky? This is something we have to look at for 5+ years, so simpler is probably better. I didn't mind the checker boards but these endzones are probably a lot better for marketing and it's a good use of the blue.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ive seen some people brainstorm putting the Angry Wave Eyes in the endzone. I think this is underwhelming, but it is better then the dead grass look
Wave QB
Swell

Yes! No more Tulane Volunteer end zones! I am very happy. If the old stadium would have been rebuilt, the I would have been fine with the old school checkerboards. This new look is totally fine for a small metro stadium like Yulman. I do wish “Tulane” would have been in north end zone.
Wave QB
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:17 pm I liked the checkerboards. Would love the design a whole lot more if it had green and blue checkerboards in the endzones. That said, it's a big uptick from the ugly green and brown RC bought on the cheap.
Those checkerboards screamed “Tennessee” and “cheap” in the eyes of many. However, I do agree that if we had them, they should have been green and blue.