Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:50 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:32 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:17 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:23 pm Louisiana delays Phase 3 due to spike in new cases. Oh well. Looks like until we get a vaccine life as we know it is over for awhile. Thanks 🇨🇳
Tps, I'm really not trying to attack you, but comments like this is not productive. (if you want me to explain why especially the last part is not productive, I'd be more than happy to take this to DMs and tell you my thoughts). There's blood on both of the hands of the US and China in this pandemic, along with all those who are not social distancing or masking up.
Not interested. Thanks.
Then I hope our time at Tulane taught us to be better than this.
White House advisor Peter Navarro says China trade deal is 'over'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/peter-nav ... -deal-over
Here's the turning point," he explained. "They came here on January 15th to sign that trade deal, and that was a full two months after they knew the virus was out and about.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/22/stock-m ... -news.html

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:13 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:50 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:32 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:17 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:23 pm Louisiana delays Phase 3 due to spike in new cases. Oh well. Looks like until we get a vaccine life as we know it is over for awhile. Thanks 🇨🇳
Tps, I'm really not trying to attack you, but comments like this is not productive. (if you want me to explain why especially the last part is not productive, I'd be more than happy to take this to DMs and tell you my thoughts). There's blood on both of the hands of the US and China in this pandemic, along with all those who are not social distancing or masking up.
Not interested. Thanks.
Then I hope our time at Tulane taught us to be better than this.
White House advisor Peter Navarro says China trade deal is 'over'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/peter-nav ... -deal-over
Here's the turning point," he explained. "They came here on January 15th to sign that trade deal, and that was a full two months after they knew the virus was out and about.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/22/stock-m ... -news.html
And it leads to situations like this from back in April. (Let me give a little more backstory since one of them is a close acquaintance, they're Asian American, and their ethnicity is Korean.)

Tulane University Police Department
Downtown District: Off-Campus, Aggravated Assault
Date and Time of Occurrence:
Tuesday April 7, 2020 at about 06:30 PM
Reported Incident:
At or about 6:40 PM, two Tulane affiliates were walking on Tulane Avenue near N. Claiborne Avenue. They were
confronted by an unknown male who asked if they were Chinese, then asked if they were Chinese or Japanese,
saying, “If you are Chinese or Japanese, I’m going to kill you.” The subject then lifted his shirt and showed the
affiliates a handgun in his waistband. The affiliates continued walking with the subject following and again asking
the same question. One affiliate then told the subject they were “here to help” and work at the hospital. At this
the subject said, “Oh, you’re here to help.” The subject then held out his fist and bumped it against the affiliate’s,
turned and walked away

https://publicsafety.tulane.edu/sites/p ... 040820.pdf
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane researchers have developed a synthetic anti-body to isolate and kill C-19.. I cannot get the link to post properly
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

Now that each of us has established that everyone else is an ignorant ass, here's a video to brighten your day. It's only loosely related to COVID as it's a lockdown-fundraiser for the New Orleans Preservation Hall Foundation.

You should watch if you like music, like New Orleans, or just like feeling good and patting your foot. Here's Paul McCartney, Elvis Costello, Irma Thomas, Dave Matthews and others playing....what else....When The Saints Go Marching In. This is fun and funny. Watching Paul McCartney try and play trumpet is a scream. I've got a feeling that if Johann Sebastian Bach were alive, he'd be laughing, playing a kazoo, and joining the fun with these other generational musicians.

Enjoy! Peace out!

winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:55 am Tulane researchers have developed a synthetic anti-body to isolate and kill C-19.. I cannot get the link to post properly
Here it is:

https://news.tulane.edu/pr/tulane-unive ... t-covid-19
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
BC Wave
Swell

Dave Grohl?, Wynton Marsalis? (couldn’t tell for sure ‘cause his face was hidden by his horn.)
GreenLantern
Riptide

BC Wave wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:50 am Dave Grohl?, Wynton Marsalis? (couldn’t tell for sure ‘cause his face was hidden by his horn.)
Good catch!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... rGj3_nn71Y
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

8.7 million had it in March and didn’t know it
https://apple.news/AAjY0k5QlSruu4u9-yTKNAQ
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 pm 8.7 million had it in March and didn’t know it
CARONAVIRUS IS NOT & NEVER WILL BE A THREAT TO HEALTHY PEOPLE, 0-70. OF THOSE THAT MAY GET IT, 99% RECOVER. COVID19 IS MEANEST, CRUELEST LIE EVER Perpetrated ON THE PUBLIC BY THEIR GOVERNMENT. HORRIBLE, IRREPARABLE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:58 am
tpstulane wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 pm 8.7 million had it in March and didn’t know it
CARONAVIRUS IS NOT & NEVER WILL BE A THREAT TO HEALTHY PEOPLE, 0-70. OF THOSE THAT MAY GET IT, 99% RECOVER. COVID19 IS MEANEST, CRUELEST LIE EVER Perpetrated ON THE PUBLIC BY THEIR GOVERNMENT. HORRIBLE, IRREPARABLE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE.
Good point Show Me. Our government, both Repubs and Dems, now lie far more often than they tell the truth. The only remedy at this point is Term Limits--take away the underlying driver for their lies. Only when politicians know they will have to go back and live in the society that they create will they start making decisions for the greater good.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

In my state the death rate is close to 10%, (of those that tested positive) so it's very real. The average age of those testing positive has plummeted the past couple of weeks. Call it a government hoax if it makes you feel good, but try selling that to the 120k+ whose families lost loved ones in the past 3 months. We're still in the first wave of the virus, and it's still running rampant. 3 months is ONLY 3 months.

And even with the stats showing most deaths are to people over 70, a recent WSJ article showed that the average person killed by the virus lost the last 10 years of their lives.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

The heart of the problem is a truly corrupt news media that can not and should not be believed about anything. That provides an environment where nothing is honestly investigated or questioned. When that happens, lying is inevitable and indistinguishable from the truth.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NY now forcing any visitors to quarantine 14 days once arriving in NY 🤦‍♂️
Need to slow the economy oh wait I mean the spread until after the November election.
Everyone I know trying to leave NY permanently.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:48 am The heart of the problem is a truly corrupt news media that can not and should not be believed about anything. That provides an environment where nothing is honestly investigated or questioned. When that happens, lying is inevitable and indistinguishable from the truth.
And corrupt politicians from the President on down are equally to blame. Both sides of the aisle. "When that happens, lying is inevitable and indistinguishable from the truth." I'm not sure the President wants to know the truth, nor do the GOP and Dems. They ALL want what suits their agenda. But the virus is real, and doesn't care what ANYONE wants.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Well, this is certainly frightening. I hope Houstonwave, golfnut, and our other Texan brethren are safe.

https://www.newsweek.com/houston-icus-9 ... ds-1513077
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am Well, this is certainly frightening. I hope Houstonwave, golfnut, and our other Texan brethren are safe.

Thanks for thinking of us/me...I live about 35 miles north of Austin and almost two hundred miles from Houston....I have a 1:10 tee time today in Burnet,Tx @ Delaware Springs Golf, home to Sergio Garcia ....no surprise about the increase in H-Town, they has been a great deal of socializing with visitors from other states and ciites, there recently
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Relax. The death rate plummets. You won’t hear that on TV though since it’s good news.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am Well, this is certainly frightening. I hope Houstonwave, golfnut, and our other Texan brethren are safe.

I'm safely sequestered in my home in Colorado. But my brother and son, and their families are still in Houston. They tell me the young folks in Houston, upon the the reopening, descended on the bars and restaurants like starving dogs--sans masks and distancing. Hence the outbreak. My son has a number of friends who have contracted C-19 and are very ill (105 temps), but recovering at home. The Houstonians keep focusing on their fatality rate which is .46%, which they point out rounds to zero. The mayor and city bureaucrats keep threatening to lockdown again, but haven't done anything--probably largely because it would be unenforceable in Houston. Like Republican led Texas, even Democrat led Houston is moving on.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Media’s 2020 slogan, “Keep America Alarmed not Informed”.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:24 pm Media’s 2020 slogan, “Keep America Alarmed not Informed”.
Same message as the White House has been perpetuating since February. It's fake news on all fronts.
MicMan
Swell

With these outbreaks, looks like stupid is just as catching as Covid.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’ve said since day one most this virus will run it’s course. Hiding alone inside only slows the spread temporarily but doesn’t kill it. Of course you should continue to protect yourself. No matter what it’s going to continue to spread until we get a vaccine or enough people acquire an immunity.
I’m not at all surprised by the increases. I’m only watching the % death rates which continue to drop.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm I’ve said since day one most this virus will run it’s course. Hiding alone inside only slows the spread temporarily but doesn’t kill it. Of course you should continue to protect yourself. No matter what it’s going to continue to spread until we get a vaccine or enough people acquire an immunity.
I’m not at all surprised by the increases. I’m only watching the % death rates which continue to drop.
I absolutely agree with you on this TPS :D . I do think it's inevitable that if the icu/hospitals become full again, the death rate will start to climb again. I hope I'm wrong on this. My fingers are crossed that our alma mater (or someone) will come up with an effective vaccine or treatment soon.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Here's yet another reminder. I realize that some of you can't think as quickly as you can post and others think that only girly-men wear masks.