Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
MicMan
Swell

The LOLz never stop coming!

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:16 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:52 am
Show Me wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:39 am Interesting
Fauci has a patent on one of the vaccines being tested. Stands to make $500 million.
I guess the same people think Trump making millions off of Hydroxychloroquine. :roll:
https://www.statesman.com/news/20200416 ... us-vaccine
And that Bill Gates....plans for any vaccine to contain computer chips so we can be tracked and followed. It's all part of his plans for globalism and strategy to reduce the world's population and promote one world monetary system. And Hillary's emails...and Banks was in....etc., etc. etc..... :headbash:

ShowMe, if you had read the entire article you would have seen this a couple paragraphs down:
There is no evidence that Fauci is personally financially invested in a coronavirus vaccine, and scientists still don’t know if hydroxychloroquine is effective in treating COVID-19.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... -millions/
That's embarrassing. Show Me must have slept through English 101 or HCQ possibly has a side effect of diminishing people's mental capcity.
The article is based on, and I am not making this up, a facebook post!!! 🤣🤣
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:46 am
Fauci has a patent on one of the vaccines being tested. Stands to make $500 million.
I guess the same people think Trump making millions off of Hydroxychloroquine. :roll:
back to snorting hcq again Show Me?

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 253aa.html
What makes me so sad is that the Show Me’s of the world would never embrace this treatment if Trump had not. It has nothing to do with science (and reasonable debate) and everything to do about politics and confirmation bias.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:16 pm
And that Bill Gates....plans for any vaccine to contain computer chips so we can be tracked and followed. It's all part of his plans for globalism and strategy to reduce the world's population and promote one world monetary system. And Hillary's emails...and Banks was in....etc., etc. etc..... :headbash:

ShowMe, if you had read the entire article you would have seen this a couple paragraphs down:
There is no evidence that Fauci is personally financially invested in a coronavirus vaccine, and scientists still don’t know if hydroxychloroquine is effective in treating COVID-19.
That's embarrassing. Show Me must have slept through English 101 or HCQ possibly has a side effect of diminishing people's mental capcity.
Beats CNN for sure.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:44 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Beats CNN for sure.
And there it is.....again, as if cnn has anything to do with the discussion. If cnn said hydro was a relevant treatment you would find a way to say it does not work. I hope you can reconsider your bias and thought process. I don’t care about cnn or fox but results and evidence from quality sources.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

mba, i would give it up and not waste anymore time with Show Me. I doubt he went to TU and his regurgitation of trash shows he's more on the level of Phoenix Online/Trump U (I can't even give him credit for possibly going to SELA, ULL, LSU, Nichols because even those graduates have a larger intellectual capacity than him).
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm still waiting for someone to show me that clinical trial that tested HCQ WITH Z-pak AND Zinc. HCQ BY ITSELF isn't the proper treatment, and these people know it. That's why they won't test with all three. Every doctor that's used them in combination for early treatment has been successful.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:19 am I'm still waiting for someone to show me that clinical trial that tested HCQ WITH Z-pak AND Zinc. HCQ BY ITSELF isn't the proper treatment, and these people know it. That's why they won't test with all three. Every doctor that's used them in combination for early treatment has been successful.
Exactly. To add to your point some frontline physicians are even taking this combo as a preventative.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Nobody is changing their opinions in this thread, as everyone is locked into their beliefs. The majority feel that the minority are clinging to non-reliable studies, hearsay, and quacks. The minority feel there's a conspiracy to prevent a viable treatment. No matter how hard each side tries, nobody is moving off of their entrenched beliefs one inch.

So let me ask this: Tanner Lee, wearing a mask, throws a pick 6 to an unmasked opponent. Since he scored the TD, doesn't that mean that masks don't work, HCQ is the only viable treatment for COVID and Black Lives Matter while Faucci has been working for the Russians all along?

Thank you Tanner for solving our issues once and for all!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Moderna is pricing coronavirus vaccine at $32 to $37 per dose for customers. They already in Phase 3.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/moderna ... omers.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

First of all it hasn't yet been approved. But if and when that happens, every penny of government funding for the research that went into coming up with the vaccine should be re-paid before any pharma company makes a single penny of profit. It's bullshit that these companies take huge sums from our (and other) governments then charge exorbitant prices and line their pockets at the expense of ill or potentially ill consumers.
greenie78
Riptide

I knew a physician taking HCQ prophylactically and he still ended up with the virus.
swampnik
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:19 am I'm still waiting for someone to show me that clinical trial that tested HCQ WITH Z-pak AND Zinc. HCQ BY ITSELF isn't the proper treatment, and these people know it. That's why they won't test with all three. Every doctor that's used them in combination for early treatment has been successful.
Dr. Didier Raoult of France does combine it with another drug, usually an anti-biotic; depending on the individual at hand and only on those in the nascent stage and milder cases of covid. (his approach was never for patients past a certain point). Linus Pauling was annoyed that the govt. researchers never used the correct large daily drip of Vitamin C to prove its efficiency against certain cancers before they ditched his idea as nonsense and tarnished his illustrious career.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am Nobody is changing their opinions in this thread, as everyone is locked into their beliefs. The majority feel that the minority are clinging to non-reliable studies, hearsay, and quacks. The minority feel there's a conspiracy to prevent a viable treatment. No matter how hard each side tries, nobody is moving off of their entrenched beliefs one inch.

So let me ask this: Tanner Lee, wearing a mask, throws a pick 6 to an unmasked opponent. Since he scored the TD, doesn't that mean that masks don't work, HCQ is the only viable treatment for COVID and Black Lives Matter while Faucci has been working for the Russians all along?

Tanner Lee only threw the pick 6 because there was a gnome in the backfield that spooked him and his cadence got out of rhythm. It was also a play call, called in by the Russians who hacked CJ's headset and it was a hoax that got CJ fired. I demand a recount to bring CJ BACK!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:10 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am Nobody is changing their opinions in this thread, as everyone is locked into their beliefs. The majority feel that the minority are clinging to non-reliable studies, hearsay, and quacks. The minority feel there's a conspiracy to prevent a viable treatment. No matter how hard each side tries, nobody is moving off of their entrenched beliefs one inch.

Tanner Lee only threw the pick 6 because there was a gnome in the backfield that spooked him and his cadence got out of rhythm. It was also a play call, called in by the Russians who hacked CJ's headset and it was a hoax that got CJ fired. I demand a recount to bring CJ BACK!
If a recount is not possible, can we re-vote, or is it revolt, by mail ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
gbgreenie
Surge

The big difference I agree no one is changing their opinions. The big difference is one side deals in talking points, and false made up information and the other side deals in hard facts. This dynamic was set up before Trump took office, he took one from Hitler's Playbook. Label the media as Fake News and keep hammering that in people's minds and many will not believe one true word that is against what you are saying. It is a form of brainwashing and continues with the virus. News from reputable Healthcare Officials are true and have proven Trump wrong over and over as he backs up when pushed against the wall. It repeats itself over and over. His last interview was pathetic as he searched through a handful of papers to find some false charts his handlers gave to him. The interviewer ate Trump up like a teacher to a 3rd grade student. It was embarassing to watch!!! How many times can Trump keep backing up on his statements when presented with facts and still be believed by his cult of followers??? I am a lifelong Reagan Conservative and former Reagan Delegate that wants to see his Republican Party taken back from Trump's corruption, how long will this Nightmare of lack of Leadership go on!!!!
Jaxwave
Swell

To me this is the biggest damage done by Trump, making falsehoods a normal behavior. It has also allowed the media to follow suit and to drop its objective veil in the quest to take him down.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:12 pm To me this is the biggest damage done by Trump, making falsehoods a normal behavior. It has also allowed the media to follow suit and to drop its objective veil in the quest to take him down.
I agree with a whole lot of what gbg wrote, and I really like this post, Jax. Both sides have their fake news machines in full working order. I wish the moderate middle, which is the vast majority of our country (estimated at 70%), had a voice in these conversations dominated by the extremes at both ends of the political spectrum.
MicMan
Swell

I can't believe how old most people are on here.
greenie78
Riptide

I’m not saying that HCQ doesn’t work on some people, but it’s become political. We have to be careful and look at the literature.
Show Me
Tsunami

Another Hydroxychloroquine success story!
https://nypost.com/2020/08/08/nyc-counc ... -recovery/
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

STOP SNORTING HCQ Show Me. We've gone 3 days and you had to bring back your habit that's diminishing your big brain.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:15 pm STOP SNORTING HCQ Show Me. We've gone 3 days and you had to bring back your habit that's diminishing your big brain.
You have TDS
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ly-killin/
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:27 pm The big difference I agree no one is changing their opinions. The big difference is one side deals in talking points, and false made up information and the other side deals in hard facts. This dynamic was set up before Trump took office, he took one from Hitler's Playbook. Label the media as Fake News and keep hammering that in people's minds and many will not believe one true word that is against what you are saying. It is a form of brainwashing and continues with the virus. News from reputable Healthcare Officials are true and have proven Trump wrong over and over as he backs up when pushed against the wall. It repeats itself over and over. His last interview was pathetic as he searched through a handful of papers to find some false charts his handlers gave to him. The interviewer ate Trump up like a teacher to a 3rd grade student. It was embarassing to watch!!! How many times can Trump keep backing up on his statements when presented with facts and still be believed by his cult of followers??? I am a lifelong Reagan Conservative and former Reagan Delegate that wants to see his Republican Party taken back from Trump's corruption, how long will this Nightmare of lack of Leadership go on!!!!
The Fake News earned their label by ignoring and overlooking the many wrongs committed by the Obama/Biden administration--they totally caved and prostrated themselves during those eight years. As far as reputable Healthcare Officials? I guess you mean Healthcare bureaucratic desk jockeys. No matter what people may think of Trump, many have concluded that the medical talking heads have become a joke. I've had three doctors in the last week absolutely go off on how bad the so called media medical experts have been--embarrassing. Trump rambles and makes stuff up, and so does the media, and so does many of the "medical experts". Can't believe anybody. Everyone should make their own decisions, hopefully take care of themselves, and wait for the virus to run it's course, just like they do in all pandemics.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
gbgreenie
Surge

Really Houston Wave!!! Fake News!!! That is a dangerous narrative put forward by this Administration. Check your history books that narrative put Hitler into power!!! He was the founder of the term "Fake News" Trump was smart by getting people to believe anything against him is Fake News, it was his political strategy so people believed everything he said. If you believe the Supreme Liar in Chief over Dr. Fauci who has served every President since President Reagan appointed him as the official Health spokesperson for our nation you are brainwashed period. Dr. Fauci is non political both parties have recognized his knowledge leading the nation thru Ebola, Swine Flu, Spanish Flu and Aids. He has never steered America wrong!!! So for this Administration to attack him further sheds light. Every move this Administration makes is political for self benefit no matter who gets hurt. 160,000 that did not have to die if the experts were listened to early on.