Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Green Wave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:42 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 am

That game is being played big time. I had a relative who had contracted and survived C-19, he subsequently died of diabetes, and the California “officials” insisted that his death be attributed to Coronavirus.
If it fits my narrative it is true, if it doesn’t then it is either fake news or a lie.
Welcome to politics in 2020.
http://cbs12.com/news/local/i-team-deat ... ach-county

http://wpde.com/news/nation-world/death ... ida-county

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-ki ... ta-1518994
Excessive deaths in US from March 1st to September 19th, 2020 including and excluding Covid-19:

2020 excessive deaths 278,400
2020 Covid-19 deaths 199,147
2020 excessive deaths sans Covid-19 +79,253

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... eaths.html

My take is there are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

This is a virus it does not care whether you are democrat, republican, or an independent.
At some point in time for a period you may be able to BS the general public but, you can't BS a virus.

ROLL WAVE!
GreenLantern
Riptide

In spite of the fact that
  • a new modeling study shows that wearing masks could save 100,000 lives by the end of February
  • a new single-day record for newly reported COVID cases was recorded today
  • since the start of October, COVID cases have continued to rise
  • health experts have warned of a further surge as cold weather sets in
  • the number of people hospitalized with Covid-19 has already risen 40 percent in the past month
  • Louisiana is leading the South in keeping a lid on the infection as neighboring states are experiencing surges, crediting the mitigation measures in the governor's emergency order
...in spite of these minor details, our intrepid Louisiana House Republicans have secured enough signatures on a petition directing Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards' to revoke his COVID-19 public health emergency declaration. This is not a bill and cannot be vetoed by the governor. Want no restrictions on public gatherings? Want to rescind mandatory mask wearing? Want Saints football in the dome with no restrictions? Want to open all businesses and let everyone "decide for themselves" as some on this site have suggested? You got it.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:52 pm In spite of the fact that
  • a new modeling study shows that wearing masks could save 100,000 lives by the end of February
  • the number of people hospitalized with Covid-19 has already risen 40 percent in the past month
  • Louisiana is leading the South in keeping a lid on the infection as neighboring states are experiencing surges, crediting the mitigation measures in the governor's emergency order
...in spite of these minor details, our intrepid Louisiana House Republicans have secured enough signatures on a petition directing Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards' to revoke his COVID-19 public health emergency declaration. This is not a bill and cannot be vetoed by the governor. Want no restrictions on public gatherings? Want to rescind mandatory mask wearing? Want Saints football in the dome with no restrictions? Want to open all businesses and let everyone "decide for themselves" as some on this site have suggested? You got it.
You obviously fear it so please Stay home! Don’t leave your house. :roll:
It’s a virus. So what.
The new cases are because it ain’t going away and people don’t care anymore. They choosing freedom over basements. Willing to take risks at this point. 99% will be fine.
gbgreenie
Surge

Show Me wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:14 pm
It’s a virus. So what.
The new cases are because it ain’t going away and people don’t care anymore. They choosing freedom over basements. Willing to take risks at this point. 99% will be fine.
Wrong where do you get this fake 99% will be fine. Death rate and hospitalization is about 3-5%, not showing up in the numbers are long term health issues lung and heart problems. Do you call being in the hospital and ICU as fine, Do you call having long term heart and lung damage as being fine, really. In the end those who long term health can be effective may be as high as 10% or greater. This is a killer and aggressive virus that attacks many systems in our bodies. Be real and quit minimizing the effects of covid19 does no one any good!!!
Show Me
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:32 pm
It’s a virus. So what.
Wrong where do you get this fake 99% will be fine. Death rate and hospitalization is about 3-5%, not showing up in the numbers are long term health issues lung and heart problems. Do you call being in the hospital and ICU as fine, Do you call having long term heart and lung damage as being fine, really. In the end those who long term health can be effective may be as high as 10% or greater. This is a killer and aggressive virus that attacks many systems in our bodies. Be real and quit minimizing the effects of covid19 does no one any good!!!
I really don’t care anymore. I’m living my life. You can stay in your basement.
Reading this forum we lost two hardcore Tulane fans one from cancer (Big Mike 65) and the other from a heart attack (Mr Compeaux 57). F the virus. Life’s too short.
There’s probably millions that had it already and it’s not reported. 360 million in the US and 220,000 died of which the majority were over 80. I’ll take my chances.
gbgreenie
Surge

Show Me wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 pm
It’s a virus. So what.
Reading this forum we lost two hardcore Tulane fans one from cancer (Big Mike 65) and the other from a heart attack (Mr Compeaux 57). F the virus. Life’s too short.
There’s probably millions that had it already and it’s not reported. 360 million in the US and 220,000 died of which the majority were over 80. I’ll take my chances.
No one says live in a basement, its about being smart not arrogant. Mask and Social Distancing works. Arrogance and recklessness will make the virus last longer. Sounds like you surrendered. Victory is for those with the fortitude to prevail over the virus, we know what works and what doesn't work, yesterday was the worst day of the Pandemic. What is obvious we can see who surrenders and who fights by the amount of cases state to state. States that opened quickly and surrendered have the most cases. States that are fighting and opening slowing doing the right things have more control over the virus. Facts are in the open, for all to see. The mayor and governor are criticized but we went from 4th in the nation in covid19 cases per capita to 34th currently. We have two great leaders not bowing to pressure but will not surrender. Get reckless and we will shoot up like the rest of the country!!!
Show Me
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:50 am
Show Me wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 pm

No one says live in a basement, its about being smart not arrogant. Mask and Social Distancing works. Arrogance and recklessness will make the virus last longer. Sounds like you surrendered. Victory is for those with the fortitude to prevail over the virus, we know what works and what doesn't work, yesterday was the worst day of the Pandemic. What is obvious we can see who surrenders and who fights by the amount of cases state to state. States that opened quickly and surrendered have the most cases. States that are fighting and opening slowing doing the right things have more control over the virus. Facts are in the open, for all to see. The mayor and governor are criticized but we went from 4th in the nation in covid19 cases per capita to 34th currently. We have two great leaders not bowing to pressure but will not surrender. Get reckless and we will shoot up like the rest of the country!!!
Naturally more tests lead to more discovered cases there were 77,640 new cases, breaking the previous record of 75,723 set on July 29. We didn’t have the testing in July like we have now.
The U.S. conducted more than 1.1 million tests on Thursday and a record 1.2 million tests on Monday, according to data compiled by the Covid Tracking Project, an independent volunteer organization launched by journalists at The Atlantic.
Since Oct. 1, testing has increased by nearly 11%.
It’s a virus and isn’t going away. You are a doom and gloomer. Good luck living that kind of life. I’m not interested. There’s going to be some other virus once this one fades out. Life is full of many risks. The only sure thing is we all going to die. I’ll choose to live before that happens. I’m done with this discussion I’m going to enjoy my weekend attending events and watching sports.
gbgreenie
Surge

Praise our Governor and Mayor trying to keep this from happening as case counts across America are the highest since the beginning of the Pandemic. And you Trump lap dogs this is not political, this is reality and we need to have Dr. Fauci at the front of our defense against Covid19 while making Trump go down in the ashes of history we will like to forget!!! Facts are Facts, Trump is "Fake News"
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavi ... 53778.html
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

There is The Real World and The Tax World....there is "Taxable Income' and "Operating Income' get an accountant to help with your "operating income' to lessen your "taxable income' tax rate
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

Wave -38. Temple 3. Roll 🌊
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:42 am There is The Real World and The Tax World....there is "Taxable Income' and "Operating Income' get an accountant to help with your "operating income' to lessen your "taxable income' tax rate
Wait, what?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

So good. When it serves u great, otherwise no. This is a leader of the republican party. Congrats. We r fucked.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:03 pm

So good. When it serves u great, otherwise no. This is a leader of the republican party. Congrats. We r fucked.
No u r F’d
winwave
Top of the WAVE

After 8 months it is finally in the right forum.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:35 pm

No u r F’d
How so?
Please provide something anything.
No matter who win’s “No u r F’d” is the embarrassment of this election in response to a clear video I showed of the leadership talking about the man they are fighting to elect. Literally top of the leaders of congress on the republican side just taking a huge dump on his “leader”. Unprecedented

“No u r F’d” grow up. Seems about right actually.

“I am disgusted”. “I don’t know who you are or why you like this guy”. So funny
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:24 pm
Show Me wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:35 pm

No u r F’d
How so?
Please provide something anything.
No matter who win’s “No u r F’d” is the embarrassment of this election in response to a clear video I showed of the leadership talking about the man they are fighting to elect. Literally top of the leaders of congress on the republican side just taking a huge dump on his “leader”. Unprecedented

“No u r F’d” grow up. Seems about right actually.

“I am disgusted”. “I don’t know who you are or why you like this guy”. So funny
I’m using your own words. “We r fucked” speak for yourself I don’t feel that way. And Harris called Biden a racist and she’s his VP. It’s a thing called politics. You need to grow a spine snowflake.
Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson,Oprah all loved Trump until he ran as a Republican. Grow up. If Trump or Biden wins nothing going to get done with a divided Congress. Time to move on from politics nothing good coming from it here. You choose to start the BS. Leave it in the gutter.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't understand the need to, in the Coronovirus thread, post a 5 year old political video that pre-dates the subject of the thread. No offense, mba, it just doesn't belong here.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:18 am I don't understand the need to, in the Coronovirus thread, post a 5 year old political video that pre-dates the subject of the thread. No offense, mba, it just doesn't belong here.
+1,000. Ridiculously dated.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
MicMan
Swell

LOL
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:18 am I don't understand the need to, in the Coronovirus thread, post a 5 year old political video that pre-dates the subject of the thread. No offense, mba, it just doesn't belong here.
Where does it belong?
A statement from one of the most senior of congressman. His words.
The date is important to the discussion.
This virus is paramount to the election.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:49 pm
Where does it belong?
In the garage can.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:03 pm
Where does it belong?
In the garage can.
Got it.
Wave755
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:08 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:03 pm

Where does it belong?
In the garage can.
Got it.
Since Lindsey Graham won by 12% points last night https://news.yahoo.com/sen-lindsey-grah ... 49819.html it would appear the people of South Carolina are quite comfortable with and consent to having him serve as their representative in the Senate for another 6 years.

Time to talk about something else.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Where does it belong?
This virus is paramount to the election.
It doesn't belong. It's 5 years old and has zero to do with the pandemic. The virus is a key factor in the election, but the election IS NOT a key factor in the pandemic. The virus doesn't care that there's an election.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I disagree.
Interesting the argument is age and not a single person has challenged the substance. The only time to get honesty from a sitting majority senator is pre election.
But ya’ll be you.