Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Show Me
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:51 am The Vietnam War, he said, 'It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker.".
Sadly, what about this statement is untrue?
50,000 souls? We never fought that war to win it. Thank you LBJ👍
That is 100% correct.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:04 am
wave97 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:51 am The Vietnam War, he said, 'It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker.".
That is 100% correct.
I remember the students marching in front of the White House, chanting " Hey Hey LBJ..how many Kids did ya kill today"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:43 am
That is 100% correct.
I remember the students marching in front of the White House, chanting " Hey Hey LBJ..how many Kids did ya kill today"
So now being a draft dodger (ok, he arranged a series of deferments then had a piss poor medical excuse) is supposedly more noble than serving your country and being a POW that was an undeniable war hero? That's some pretty fucked up thinking.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:57 am
That is 100% correct.
So now being a draft dodger (ok, he arranged a series of deferments then had a piss poor medical excuse) is supposedly more noble than serving your country and being a POW that was an undeniable war hero? That's some pretty fucked up thinking.
Yes like many others he got a medical deferment and thank God because he is now able serve his country in the best possible way today because of it.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 pm There is literally a tweet from a Fox News correspondent I just linked above that confirms a good deal of the story. Fox News has now added that addendum to their stories. Read the quotes above- he literally says anyone who went to Vietnam was a sucker and talk about wounded vets in the parade being a bad look. Click on her name Jennifer Griffin - she is from FOX News. Also this absolutely jives with everything we know of Trump, his actions, his words and his demeanor.
Fake News. Trump hater author John Bolton even confirmed.
As stated above trump is shown on camera uttering those quotes about McCain. Is that fake news ? And the Fox News correspondent, which Fox News has also confirmed, is also lieing ?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What's funny is something you (Show Me) labeled fake news a page or so ago in this thread, is now not only real news, but true, and Agent Orange gets kudos for it! Typical trumpesque type logic. Now say it often enough and other trumpies will believe it's true.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:23 pm What's funny is something you (Show Me) labeled fake news a page or so ago in this thread, is now not only real news, but true, and Agent Orange gets kudos for it! Typical trumpesque type logic. Now say it often enough and other trumpies will believe it's true.
Never said his McCain comments were Fake. The Paris story was fake.
Like Sader stated two men being men hating on one another.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:38 pm Like Sader stated two men being men hating on one another.
Yes and the one with the moral character of a spoiled rich kid let his emotions get the best of him. He absolutely could not help it; that's just who he is. It was a defining moment, one that clearly shows how ill-suited he is to be our President.
wave97
Swell

That is 100% correct.
If LBJ & his wonder boy, Robert McNamara are not burning in hell for eternity - that would be *ucked up.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:41 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:38 pm Like Sader stated two men being men hating on one another.
Yes and the one with the moral character of a spoiled rich kid let his emotions get the best of him. He absolutely could not help it; that's just who he is. It was a defining moment, one that clearly shows how ill-suited he is to be our President.
4 years in and you still don’t get it. That’s exactly why he won. He’s not a typical gutless phony politician like the rest of both Democrats and Republicans. He calls it like he sees. And too bad it offends people like yourself. I’m finally getting exactly what I voted for and I love it.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:58 pm
4 years in and you still don’t get it. That’s exactly why he won. He’s not a typical gutless phony politician like the rest of both Democrats and Republicans. He calls it like he sees. And too bad it offends people like yourself.
Oh Show Me, you're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts... I bet you and Ted Cruz could be BFFs. Trump could insult your dad, your wife, and call you the Zodiac killer and you would still be licking his boots. How does his leather high heels taste?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:56 am
sader24 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:47 am This forum has really descended into horrendousness from its origin. If you have a brain in your fucking head you cannot take anything Trump said in regards to McCain and make a big deal about it. They were two men going after each other and talking shit to one another constantly. If any of you are men, you would understand when men go after each other personally with words there is no quarter. Who gives a shit what one man said to another man in a war of words. This forum, much like this country is filled with pussies. Trump is going to win with 325 Electoral votes, football is going to be played with no hospitalizations, and Latoya Cantrell is gonna keep trying to destroy New Orleans over a virus that doesn't majorly affect 99.99999% of the world. Also take the Wave and lay the points next Saturday if it's under 17. The bars in Louisiana have been open for over a month secretly under restaurant licenses and the cases have gone down. Your politicians are lying to you. Believe me, i've been intimately involved on all fronts including actually having this virus of a lifetime. Play Ball!!
Post of the year
Absolutely!!
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Based on his comments and mindless tweets he is ill suited. But based on his actions and policies he is extremely well suited. I'll tolerate his ramblings in exchange for good tax policy; lower regulations; stopping the 30-year China giveaway; forcing our "allies" to get off our back and walk with us; getting us out of the Globalists' mindless wars; and trying to expose and fix the corruption in D.C. (by both parties). I just wish he'd come out and push hard for Congressional term limits--the ultimate weapon against entrenched D.C. corruption--and throw in a 20-year term limit on Supreme Court justices, while we're amending the Constitution.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:20 pm
Show Me wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 pm There is literally a tweet from a Fox News correspondent I just linked above that confirms a good deal of the story. Fox News has now added that addendum to their stories. Read the quotes above- he literally says anyone who went to Vietnam was a sucker and talk about wounded vets in the parade being a bad look. Click on her name Jennifer Griffin - she is from FOX News. Also this absolutely jives with everything we know of Trump, his actions, his words and his demeanor.
Fake News. Trump hater author John Bolton even confirmed.
As stated above trump is shown on camera uttering those quotes about McCain. Is that fake news ? And the Fox News correspondent, which Fox News has also confirmed, is also lieing ?
She didn't confirm it. Its the same anonymous sources. Just because the same anonymous sources tell the same lie to multiple people doesn't make it become true. Jennifer Griffin is about as much pro-Trump as Donna Brazile is, who's also on Fox. The only people who were there that have spoken ON THE RECORD about the event ALL deny it. Even John Bolton, who hates Trump.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:48 pm
That is 100% correct.
If LBJ & his wonder boy, Robert McNamara are not burning in hell for eternity - that would be *ucked up.
Robert McNamara and his elitist, know-it-all “ Whiz Kids”, which proceeded to get 50,000 disadvantaged American boys killed. The ultimate example of DC insider manipulation of the American people—and it still continues today.
Show Me
Tsunami

Hilarious. Since Joe Hiden came out the closet his poll numbers are tanking. :lol: :lol:
swampnik
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:18 pm
Based on his comments and mindless tweets he is ill suited. But based on his actions and policies he is extremely well suited. I'll tolerate his ramblings in exchange for good tax policy; lower regulations; stopping the 30-year China giveaway; forcing our "allies" to get off our back and walk with us; getting us out of the Globalists' mindless wars; and trying to expose and fix the corruption in D.C. (by both parties). I just wish he'd come out and push hard for Congressional term limits--the ultimate weapon against entrenched D.C. corruption--and throw in a 20-year term limit on Supreme Court justices, while we're amending the Constitution.
+1 It it is about what Trump has gotten done and not his style (that can boggle the mind at times). Even Jill Stein of Green Party stated during her 2016 campaign that Trump would clearly be safer for the world with regards to war than Hillary.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:02 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:58 pm
4 years in and you still don’t get it. That’s exactly why he won. He’s not a typical gutless phony politician like the rest of both Democrats and Republicans. He calls it like he sees. And too bad it offends people like yourself.
Oh Show Me, you're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts... I bet you and Ted Cruz could be BFFs. Trump could insult your dad, your wife, and call you the Zodiac killer and you would still be licking his boots. How does his leather high heels taste?
Its called politics. Ho Harris called Biden a racist to his face and said she believed all his women accusers of sexual harassment and yet he picked her as VP.
Of course since she’s been picked VP she no longer believes those things. :shock:
GreenLantern
Riptide

I suggest that we agree to a cease and desist. No one's vote has been changed by reading this forum nor will it be. Let historians and our grandchildren decide who was on the side of the angels.* Vote your choice in November. We all will deserve who we elect.

*But like all good ceasefire agreements, for every 10-20 jackass posts, I reserve the right to insert one of my own
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:06 am I suggest that we agree to a cease and desist. No one's vote has been changed by reading this forum nor will it be. Let historians and our grandchildren decide who was on the side of the angels.* Vote your choice in November. We all will deserve who we elect.

*But like all good ceasefire agreements, for every 10-20 jackass posts, I reserve the right to insert one of my own
That’s fine. If you notice all I do is defend. I never start any attacks.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 am
GreenLantern wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:06 am I suggest that we agree to a cease and desist. No one's vote has been changed by reading this forum nor will it be. Let historians and our grandchildren decide who was on the side of the angels.* Vote your choice in November. We all will deserve who we elect.

Right...if you have the stomach look through this thread. There are numerous times when you responded with attacks when no one was addressing you. Once again, you're entitled to your opinions but not your own set up made up facts.
gbgreenie
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:40 am
sader24 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:47 am This forum has really descended into horrendousness from its origin. If you have a brain in your fucking head you cannot take anything Trump said in regards to McCain and make a big deal about it. They were two men going after each other and talking shit to one another constantly. If any of you are men, you would understand when men go after each other personally with words there is no quarter. Who gives a shit what one man said to another man in a war of words. This forum, much like this country is filled with pussies. Trump is going to win with 325 Electoral votes, football is going to be played with no hospitalizations, and Latoya Cantrell is gonna keep trying to destroy New Orleans over a virus that doesn't majorly affect 99.99999% of the world. Also take the Wave and lay the points next Saturday if it's under 17. The bars in Louisiana have been open for over a month secretly under restaurant licenses and the cases have gone down. Your politicians are lying to you. Believe me, i've been intimately involved on all fronts including actually having this virus of a lifetime. Play Ball!!
Agreed. No different than HeelsUpHarris calling Biden a rapist, and then agreeing to be his running mate. Its politics. McCain may have been a good soldier, but he was a terrible politician, unless you're a Democrat.
Pathetic Trump Zombie Cult, the man is like a Mafia leader, all his soldiers in jail for taking a hit for the general. Manaford campaign manager, witness tampering, lying to Congress, dealing with Russia/ Cohen, Trumps lawyer arranged payments to Trumps mistresses using campaign and charity funds, lying to Congress,/ Flynn, Trumps Security Advisor lying to the FBI dealing with Russian Ambassador, /Roger Stone, Trumps longtime friend lying under oath about the Russian Investigation/ Rick Gates, Trump's deputy campaign chairman guilty of conspiracy against the U.S. and lying to investigators/ Nader, Trump Foreign Advisor convicted of child pornography and bring child to U.S. for Sex/ PAPADOPOULOS, Trump campaign advisor lying to the FBI./ Steve Bannon has been charged with defrauding Trump supporters in a campaign to help build the president’s signature wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, prosecutors said on Thursday. Now these are facts Trumps inner circle in jail for crimes committed during the 2016 Presidential Campaign. In addition Trump lost in court and had to pay 25 million to students he defauded by creating a fake Trump University. HIs New York Charity shutdown for filtering children charity dollars to Trumps campaign and legal fees. Only Pathetic people would deny that Trump knew all about this criminal behavior going on for him!!! Now I thought Tulane fans and Tulane people were good not only in intelligence but in character. It really saddens me that the Tulane Nation can be filled with nieve people, and there is only two clear choices here: 1. People that are ignorant or deny all the corruption surrounding Trump. 2. People that just don't care and have compromised their principles to be part of the Trump Cult. Which is it???
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I think this forum is fine, but this thread needs to burn out or be locked
galvezwave
Swell

This has gotten so freakin stupid .
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 pm
Show Me wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 am

Right...if you have the stomach look through this thread. There are numerous times when you responded with attacks when no one was addressing you. Once again, you're entitled to your opinions but not your own set up made up facts.
You will never understand the love people have for Trump. It was my duty to defend our great president. Fight Fake News with Fake Facts.