Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 am More good news, deaths definitely not tracking new case counts.
People under the age of 35 are more likely to win the lottery than die of Covid-19.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The death count, from what I've read, typically spikes 5-10 weeks after the spike in positive tests. That being said, I'm just another of the couple hundred million armchair epidemiologists.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
MicMan
Swell

Look, just the flu!

But, foooootbaaawwwwlll!

LOL
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:00 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 am More good news, deaths definitely not tracking new case counts.
People under the age of 35 are more likely to win the lottery than die of Covid-19.
If I had to make a gamble, I would bet that a majority of us on here are over 35...
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Let’s see if Louisiana will be an outlier to your claim deaths are not rising. I hope we are but if I were a numbers guy I would be siding with the national stats trend.

nawlinspete
Riptide

Thanks for explaining that Chicago is in "Illinios" . Without your insight we'd all be lost .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The funniest, and most ignorant, posts in this thread are those that hint at COVID-19 being a creation of the Democrats!!!! LMFAO. Does anyone really believe this is going away after the election? The Dems, MSNBC, CNN and the networks created a GLOBAL pandemic? And got all credible voices, including those within the Trump administration to buy in? I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell to anyone that truly believes that. Seriously, that's about as idiotic an argument as anyone can come up with.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:31 pm The funniest, and most ignorant, posts in this thread are those that hint at COVID-19 being a creation of the Democrats!!!! LMFAO. Does anyone really believe this is going away after the election? The Dems, MSNBC, CNN and the networks created a GLOBAL pandemic? And got all credible voices, including those within the Trump administration to buy in? I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell to anyone that truly believes that. Seriously, that's about as idiotic an argument as anyone can come up with.
c'mon...we all know the democrats are not smart enuff to create this virus, they had to hire people from china
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:46 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:31 pm The funniest, and most ignorant, posts in this thread are those that hint at COVID-19 being a creation of the Democrats!!!! LMFAO. Does anyone really believe this is going away after the election? The Dems, MSNBC, CNN and the networks created a GLOBAL pandemic? And got all credible voices, including those within the Trump administration to buy in? I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell to anyone that truly believes that. Seriously, that's about as idiotic an argument as anyone can come up with.
c'mon...we all know the democrats are not smart enuff to create this virus, they had to hire people from china
Joke's on you (and all of us), when we find out it's actually a Russian virus.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:53 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:46 pm
Joke's on you (and all of us), when we find out it's actually a Russian virus.
damn...they had to hire two countries... I hope the Dems got a non compete / non disclosure agreement
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
gbgreenie
Surge

Unreal of people love to spin the numbers, facts are cases go up lst, then hospitalizations, then deaths. This is a 3+ week lag in cases to deaths. Hospitals are filling, ventilator use is going up no doubt deaths will follow. Saints refunding season ticket holders, hold on sad days coming because of failure of most to take the virus seriously and social distance and wear mask. Dr. Fauci is ahead of the game and Trump is a cheerleader for his own power looking to the election not to the health of American Citizens.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnew ... .image.jpg
Show Me
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:49 pm Unreal of people love to spin the numbers, facts are cases go up lst, then hospitalizations, then deaths. This is a 3+ week lag in cases to deaths. Hospitals are filling, ventilator use is going up no doubt deaths will follow. Saints refunding season ticket holders, hold on sad days coming because of failure of most to take the virus seriously and social distance and wear mask. Dr. Fauci is ahead of the game and Trump is a cheerleader for his own power looking to the election not to the health of American Citizens.

Yes
The avg positive age now is 21. A bunch of protesters and anarchist are finally getting what they deserve!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Show Me wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:07 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:49 pm Unreal of people love to spin the numbers, facts are cases go up lst, then hospitalizations, then deaths. This is a 3+ week lag in cases to deaths. Hospitals are filling, ventilator use is going up no doubt deaths will follow. Saints refunding season ticket holders, hold on sad days coming because of failure of most to take the virus seriously and social distance and wear mask. Dr. Fauci is ahead of the game and Trump is a cheerleader for his own power looking to the election not to the health of American Citizens.

Yes
The avg positive age now is 21. A bunch of protesters and anarchist are finally getting what they deserve!
Average age 21? fake news again. Thanks for trying. I'm starting to think you're a Russian troll bot. Thanks for playing.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:17 pm
Show Me wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Yes
Average age 21? fake news again. Thanks for trying. I'm starting to think you're a Russian troll bot. Thanks for playing.
I’m talking about the latest positives. The overall age is around 32 now.
https://www.wftv.com/news/florida/gov-d ... T5YA4EWIM/

Average age of new Florida COVID-19 cases only 21 as state’s infection rate continues to climb, governor says
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Vaccine success
https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-07- ... -covid-19/
A graduate student from Maryland may be the first person successfully vaccinated against the coronavirus. David Rach took part in one of the first clinical trials run by Pfizer and German firm BioNTech at the University of Maryland.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The virus won’t go away after the election— just the scare mongering and obsessive news coverage—if Trump loses the election . The Dems didn’t create the virus, they, and their media monkey boys, just did what Dems always do— never let a crisis go to waste—the DNC mantra.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Fauci ahead of the game—hardly. He’s just a flip flopping liar. I was talking to my doctor two days ago about the pandemic—he said Fauci has become a national joke. Has Fauci ever had a patient? Or provide clinical services? Or has he mainly been a bureaucratic desk jockey?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:13 pm
Let’s see if Louisiana will be an outlier to your claim deaths are not rising. I hope we are but if I were a numbers guy I would be siding with the national stats trend.

The NY Times graph is just more scare mongering. The deaths spiked very soon after the initial cases, not so now. Cases are rising because of foolish young bar hoppers, beach goers and rioters, but they aren’t dying at the rate of the old folks, and won’t. We have record cases and the deaths have hardly moved. How about the NY Times graphing the rate of crime, shootings and murders in Dem led cities and states—now that’s something that is climbing, even here in Colorado where murders and violent crime is up 400%—more Obama-era silence from the media.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:30 pm Vaccine success
A graduate student from Maryland may be the first person successfully vaccinated against the coronavirus. David Rach took part in one of the first clinical trials run by Pfizer and German firm BioNTech at the University of Maryland.
Gotta hope, and keep our fingers crossed.
gbgreenie
Surge

The governor has also called a 2:30 p.m. news conference for a "very important announcement," according to spokesperson.

Back to Phase 1????
gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:29 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:30 pm Vaccine success
Gotta hope, and keep our fingers crossed.
Remember even with trials go in stages and will take 6 months to a year for approval, than Production to meet world needs takes time. Still around the beginning of 2021 for vaccine to be readily available!!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 pm

The NY Times graph is just more scare mongering. The deaths spiked very soon after the initial cases, not so now. Cases are rising because of foolish young bar hoppers, beach goers and rioters, but they aren’t dying at the rate of the old folks, and won’t. We have record cases and the deaths have hardly moved. How about the NY Times graphing the rate of crime, shootings and murders in Dem led cities and states—now that’s something that is climbing, even here in Colorado where murders and violent crime is up 400%—more Obama-era silence from the media.
You have issues.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:18 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 pm

You have issues.
Don't we all. Mine are largely related to the purposeful omissions, deceit and lies continually fed to us by the mainstream media.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

How about the lies continuously and endlessly fed to us by the President? How do you know he's lying? His lips are moving.

Here's a SAD story about someone who didn't believe in masks, didn't believe in social distancing, was a combat veteran with two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, no pre-existing conditions, yet died at age 37 just a few days after testing positive.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/richard- ... N00waLq7Ko
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:40 pm The governor has also called a 2:30 p.m. news conference for a "very important announcement," according to spokesperson.

Back to Phase 1????
No just closing bars and requiring masks unless otherwise excused by local officials parish by parish.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981