Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10447
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:47 am

my employer just emailed my "essential employee" voucher, giving me travel priority...onward to the Golf Course


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9977
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 am

President Fitts gives a video address to the Tulane Community:

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
GreenLantern
Riptide
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:23 am

Carolyn Scofield, a Twitter friend and Tulane student, tested positive for COVID. Here she describes her symptoms and how she attempted to treat herself at home.

DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9977
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 am

Trump tells the media he hopes to open the country by Easter. Talk about "fake news"!!

We're 8-12 weeks from peaking, using models of other countries, most of whom were quicker to react at the outset than the US. In the past few days, the "doubling rate" (how quickly we double the number of positive tested cases) has gone from 3 days to 2 days. A good portion of that has to deal with more testing. That said, local CDC predicts there's 100 times more cases than reported. It's still going to get worse before it gets better.

Thank God our golf courses are open (even though there's limitations).
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 20029
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 am

DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 am
Trump tells the media he hopes to open the country by Easter. Talk about "fake news"!!

We're 8-12 weeks from peaking, using models of other countries, most of whom were quicker to react at the outset than the US. In the past few days, the "doubling rate" (how quickly we double the number of positive tested cases) has gone from 3 days to 2 days. A good portion of that has to deal with more testing. That said, local CDC predicts there's 100 times more cases than reported. It's still going to get worse before it gets better.

Thank God our golf courses are open (even though there's limitations).
Key word “ HOPE”
People are looking for HOPE. Trump’s Easter Sunday gives them a goal to shoot for. He’s trying to shine a bright spot and give people hope that want to return to some normalcy. People that have it or had it are now immune. Even those that showed no symptoms. Certainly NY and a few other hot spots that may not be possible. But imagine the despair if he said we will wait for a proven vaccine before people can come back to normality. For all we know we may have already peaked. Because we don’t know how many had it already or currently have it but had or have mild or no symptoms that require no medical attention. Easter Sunday for most of the country is a reasonable goal. If your old or in bad health by all means stay home and wait 18 months for a proven vaccine.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9977
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:17 am

Other countries peaked 12-14 weeks after they started isolating. Why would the US peak in 2-3 weeks? The CDC and most infectious control experts say we are still a couple of months from peaking. Giving hope is one thing. Spreading false news is another. He did it at the outset, and it hurt us because a large percentage of folks took his "hoax" statement seriously. Now he might upset a potential derail our social isolation could succeed with. Easter is unrealistic.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Mandeville Wave
High Tide
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:15 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:44 am

tpstulane wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 am
DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 am
Trump tells the media he hopes to open the country by Easter. Talk about "fake news"!!

We're 8-12 weeks from peaking, using models of other countries, most of whom were quicker to react at the outset than the US. In the past few days, the "doubling rate" (how quickly we double the number of positive tested cases) has gone from 3 days to 2 days. A good portion of that has to deal with more testing. That said, local CDC predicts there's 100 times more cases than reported. It's still going to get worse before it gets better.

Thank God our golf courses are open (even though there's limitations).
Key word “ HOPE”
People are looking for HOPE. Trump’s Easter Sunday gives them a goal to shoot for. He’s trying to shine a bright spot and give people hope that want to return to some normalcy. People that have it or had it are now immune. Even those that showed no symptoms. Certainly NY and a few other hot spots that may not be possible. But imagine the despair if he said we will wait for a proven vaccine before people can come back to normality. For all we know we may have already peaked. Because we don’t know how many had it already or currently have it but had or have mild or no symptoms that require no medical attention. Easter Sunday for most of the country is a reasonable goal. If your old or in bad health by all means stay home and wait 18 months for a proven vaccine.
Exactly Trump is trying to give HOPE.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10447
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:12 am

Mandeville Wave wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:44 am
tpstulane wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 am
DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 am
Trump tells the media he hopes to open the country by Easter. Talk about "fake news"!!

We're 8-12 weeks from peaking, using models of other countries, most of whom were quicker to react at the outset than the US. In the past few days, the "doubling rate" (how quickly we double the number of positive tested cases) has gone from 3 days to 2 days. A good portion of that has to deal with more testing. That said, local CDC predicts there's 100 times more cases than reported. It's still going to get worse before it gets better.

Thank God our golf courses are open (even though there's limitations).
Key word “ HOPE”
People are looking for HOPE. Trump’s Easter Sunday gives them a goal to shoot for. He’s trying to shine a bright spot and give people hope that want to return to some normalcy. People that have it or had it are now immune. Even those that showed no symptoms. Certainly NY and a few other hot spots that may not be possible. But imagine the despair if he said we will wait for a proven vaccine before people can come back to normality. For all we know we may have already peaked. Because we don’t know how many had it already or currently have it but had or have mild or no symptoms that require no medical attention. Easter Sunday for most of the country is a reasonable goal. If your old or in bad health by all means stay home and wait 18 months for a proven vaccine.
Exactly Trump is trying to give HOPE.
" We have nothing to fear, but fear itself, and Nancy Pelosi"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9977
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 am

So, 2.5 weeks ago it was a "hoax". Now it's something to look at in the rear view mirror? Glad to see our country, which was one of the slowest in the world to respond to the threat, become the quickest to "peak" and get through this. Wow, especially given the lack of needed respirators (and I'd love to see Trump try to spend a day on one, it's extremely un-pleasant) and medical grade masks, anti-virus suits, etc, that's one hell of an accomplishment. If a second wave hits after he "re-opens the country", he's toast come November.

I fear Trump more than I fear the Covid-19. You can tell he's lying (or making shit up) when his lips are moving.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10447
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:11 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 am
So, 2.5 weeks ago it was a "hoax". Now it's something to look at in the rear view mirror? Glad to see our country, which was one of the slowest in the world to respond to the threat, become the quickest to "peak" and get through this. Wow, especially given the lack of needed respirators (and I'd love to see Trump try to spend a day on one, it's extremely un-pleasant) and medical grade masks, anti-virus suits, etc, that's one hell of an accomplishment. If a second wave hits after he "re-opens the country", he's toast come November.

I fear Trump more than I fear the Covid-19. You can tell he's lying (or making shit up) when his lips are moving.
sum serious lip movements.."I did not have sexual realtions with that woman, Miss Lewinski"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 89511.html
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3346
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:15 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 am
So, 2.5 weeks ago it was a "hoax". Now it's something to look at in the rear view mirror? Glad to see our country, which was one of the slowest in the world to respond to the threat, become the quickest to "peak" and get through this. Wow, especially given the lack of needed respirators (and I'd love to see Trump try to spend a day on one, it's extremely un-pleasant) and medical grade masks, anti-virus suits, etc, that's one hell of an accomplishment. If a second wave hits after he "re-opens the country", he's toast come November.

I fear Trump more than I fear the Covid-19. You can tell he's lying (or making shit up) when his lips are moving.
Wrong.
He never called the virus a hoax. He called the Democrats claim of his lack of response another Democratic hoax. This is widely known.
Fact checked.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trump ... -new-hoax/
Trump said that when he used the word “hoax,” he was referring to Democrats finding fault with his administration’s response to coronavirus, not the virus itself.

Even after Trump explained his remarks, some Democrats — including former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg — continued to wrongly accuse Trump of describing the coronavirus as a “hoax.”

“A virus starts in China, bleeds its way into various countries all around the world, Trump said, “and the Democrats’ single talking point, and you see it, is that it’s Donald Trump’s fault, right?”
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9977
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm

And his lack of response, when the virus was well known in late December, is attributed to???

Whether or not you want to get into the semantics of his calling the virus a hoax or not, his statement was interpreted by a LARGE percent of the population that the virus was a hoax. That caused a lot of our country to not take this seriously. PERIOD.

His lack of being a leader and speaking the truth shines through once again. He's about to undue whatever good we've done to slow the virus down by isoloating. As he's been since elected, The Donald is #notpresidential.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3346
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:22 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm
And his lack of response, when the virus was well known in late December, is attributed to???

Whether or not you want to get into the semantics of his calling the virus a hoax or not, his statement was interpreted by a LARGE percent of the population that the virus was a hoax. That caused a lot of our country to not take this seriously. PERIOD.

His lack of being a leader and speaking the truth shines through once again. He's about to undue whatever good we've done to slow the virus down by isoloating. As he's been since elected, The Donald is #notpresidential.
Wrong again. Even CNN has to admit his poll numbers are through the roof because of the way he’s handled the virus fight.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics ... index.html
CNN) Here's an indisputable fact: President Donald Trump is as popular today as he has been since his first day in office.

In a new Gallup poll, 49% approve of the job Trump is doing as president while 45% disapprove, matching the highest his approval rating has ever been in Gallup surveys. A Monmouth University poll released on Monday showed Trump at 46% approval, again the best he has done in that poll in more than three years.What accounts for Trump's rise? Simple: His response to the coronavirus crisis.
In the Gallup poll, 60% of Americans approve of the job Trump is doing in handling the crisis while 38% disapprove of how he has done. Six in 10 independents approve of how Trump has done on the coronavirus as do more than 1 in 4 (27%) of Democrats. In the Monmouth poll, 50% say Trump has done a good job with coronavirus while 45% said he has done a bad job.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9977
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Show Me wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:22 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm
And his lack of response, when the virus was well known in late December, is attributed to???

Whether or not you want to get into the semantics of his calling the virus a hoax or not, his statement was interpreted by a LARGE percent of the population that the virus was a hoax. That caused a lot of our country to not take this seriously. PERIOD.

His lack of being a leader and speaking the truth shines through once again. He's about to undue whatever good we've done to slow the virus down by isoloating. As he's been since elected, The Donald is #notpresidential.
Wrong again. Even CNN has to admit his poll numbers are through the roof because of the way he’s handled the virus fight.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics ... index.html
CNN) Here's an indisputable fact: President Donald Trump is as popular today as he has been since his first day in office.

In a new Gallup poll, 49% approve of the job Trump is doing as president while 45% disapprove, matching the highest his approval rating has ever been in Gallup surveys. A Monmouth University poll released on Monday showed Trump at 46% approval, again the best he has done in that poll in more than three years.What accounts for Trump's rise? Simple: His response to the coronavirus crisis.
In the Gallup poll, 60% of Americans approve of the job Trump is doing in handling the crisis while 38% disapprove of how he has done. Six in 10 independents approve of how Trump has done on the coronavirus as do more than 1 in 4 (27%) of Democrats. In the Monmouth poll, 50% say Trump has done a good job with coronavirus while 45% said he has done a bad job.
Where did I mention approval ratings, Showme? What I mentioned is that his statements have lead to the country not taking the virus seriously, and now that most of us are taking it seriously, his latest statements may lead to a good percentage of the country ruining any gains we've made by stopping social isolation prematurely.

Because people like what he says, and it gives them hope, doesn't make it right. Especially when those that know a HELL of a lot more about this virus than he does are telling us we're a couple of months away from peaking.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
MicMan
Surge
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Wait, didn't POTUS say we were at 15 cases going to zero? And that the virus was contained?

As long as he promises to continue to do nothing, I will back him 100%.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Riptide
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:55 pm

You know that movie about the tsunami where a bunch of folks were laying on the beach drinking beer and having fun? Then suddenly all the water disappeared. Fish were flopping everywhere. People began laughing and joking about what kind of phenomenon could have caused the water to recede so quickly. Then they saw the 30-50 foot wave. Moments later they were swept out to sea.

Those folks were not stupid, just ignorant. There was no one to tell them a giant wave was coming. No warning.

There are warnings now. You've seen the waters recede with your own eyes. A wave is coming. Get the hell off the beach.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9977
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:24 pm

GreenLantern wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:55 pm
You know that movie about the tsunami where a bunch of folks were laying on the beach drinking beer and having fun? Then suddenly all the water disappeared. Fish were flopping everywhere. People began laughing and joking about what kind of phenomenon could have caused the water to recede so quickly. Then they saw the 30-50 foot wave. Moments later they were swept out to sea.

Those folks were not stupid, just ignorant. There was no one to tell them a giant wave was coming. No warning.

There are warnings now. You've seen the waters recede with your own eyes. A wave is coming. Get the hell off the beach.
Great analogy!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
GreenLantern
Riptide
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:17 pm

And one more thing I would like to add to my earlier post:
If the geodetic engineers warn of an impending tsunami, pay no attention to the politician who wants you to stay and patronize the tiki bar because its good for business.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3346
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 pm
Show Me wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:22 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm
And his lack of response, when the virus was well known in late December, is attributed to???

Whether or not you want to get into the semantics of his calling the virus a hoax or not, his statement was interpreted by a LARGE percent of the population that the virus was a hoax. That caused a lot of our country to not take this seriously. PERIOD.

His lack of being a leader and speaking the truth shines through once again. He's about to undue whatever good we've done to slow the virus down by isoloating. As he's been since elected, The Donald is #notpresidential.
Wrong again. Even CNN has to admit his poll numbers are through the roof because of the way he’s handled the virus fight.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics ... index.html
CNN) Here's an indisputable fact: President Donald Trump is as popular today as he has been since his first day in office.

In a new Gallup poll, 49% approve of the job Trump is doing as president while 45% disapprove, matching the highest his approval rating has ever been in Gallup surveys. A Monmouth University poll released on Monday showed Trump at 46% approval, again the best he has done in that poll in more than three years.What accounts for Trump's rise? Simple: His response to the coronavirus crisis.
In the Gallup poll, 60% of Americans approve of the job Trump is doing in handling the crisis while 38% disapprove of how he has done. Six in 10 independents approve of how Trump has done on the coronavirus as do more than 1 in 4 (27%) of Democrats. In the Monmouth poll, 50% say Trump has done a good job with coronavirus while 45% said he has done a bad job.
Where did I mention approval ratings, Showme? What I mentioned is that his statements have lead to the country not taking the virus seriously, and now that most of us are taking it seriously, his latest statements may lead to a good percentage of the country ruining any gains we've made by stopping social isolation prematurely.

Because people like what he says, and it gives them hope, doesn't make it right. Especially when those that know a HELL of a lot more about this virus than he does are telling us we're a couple of months away from peaking.
He took it very serious. Of course you fail to mention that early on he implemented the China travel band and the fact that he got grilled for that shut off from China Democrats calling him racist.
He’s trying to ease the financial burden but can’t get any help from Congress.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5856
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:27 am

Show Me wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 pm
Show Me wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:22 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm
And his lack of response, when the virus was well known in late December, is attributed to???

Whether or not you want to get into the semantics of his calling the virus a hoax or not, his statement was interpreted by a LARGE percent of the population that the virus was a hoax. That caused a lot of our country to not take this seriously. PERIOD.

His lack of being a leader and speaking the truth shines through once again. He's about to undue whatever good we've done to slow the virus down by isoloating. As he's been since elected, The Donald is #notpresidential.
Wrong again. Even CNN has to admit his poll numbers are through the roof because of the way he’s handled the virus fight.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics ... index.html
CNN) Here's an indisputable fact: President Donald Trump is as popular today as he has been since his first day in office.

In a new Gallup poll, 49% approve of the job Trump is doing as president while 45% disapprove, matching the highest his approval rating has ever been in Gallup surveys. A Monmouth University poll released on Monday showed Trump at 46% approval, again the best he has done in that poll in more than three years.What accounts for Trump's rise? Simple: His response to the coronavirus crisis.
In the Gallup poll, 60% of Americans approve of the job Trump is doing in handling the crisis while 38% disapprove of how he has done. Six in 10 independents approve of how Trump has done on the coronavirus as do more than 1 in 4 (27%) of Democrats. In the Monmouth poll, 50% say Trump has done a good job with coronavirus while 45% said he has done a bad job.
Where did I mention approval ratings, Showme? What I mentioned is that his statements have lead to the country not taking the virus seriously, and now that most of us are taking it seriously, his latest statements may lead to a good percentage of the country ruining any gains we've made by stopping social isolation prematurely.

Because people like what he says, and it gives them hope, doesn't make it right. Especially when those that know a HELL of a lot more about this virus than he does are telling us we're a couple of months away from peaking.
He took it very serious. Of course you fail to mention that early on he implemented the China travel band and the fact that he got grilled for that shut off from China Democrats calling him racist.
He’s trying to ease the financial burden but can’t get any help from Congress.
Yikes, politics playing a role in a sports website amongst friends.
Then playing who is right or wrong, u see the stats for NOLA?

I am in the middle of this nonsense. Talk about fear, you have no idea.

Ya’ll should step back and think before posting.

This is about community and caring at this point.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1749
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:57 am

This is a brilliant vacation as far as I'm concerned. I will gladly comply with the "rigors" of social distancing.
In 1917 you woke up with a fever and before the next morning you were drowned by your own body fluids.
The distribution of information is good.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9977
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:02 am

Real information about the virus and what Tulane is doing to help combat the virus:

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
MicMan
Surge
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:56 pm

A friend's college in Boston has shifted to a virtual commencement, based on the severity of the NOLA virus outbreak, has TU announced similar?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5856
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:23 pm

wave97 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:57 am
This is a brilliant vacation as far as I'm concerned. I will gladly comply with the "rigors" of social distancing.
In 1917 you woke up with a fever and before the next morning you were drowned by your own body fluids.
The distribution of information is good.
Easy for you. .
anEngineer
Surge
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Below is a paper (not yet peer reviewed) from University of Oxford that claims millions may have already had the virus, suffered no effects and are now immune. It believes that for 4 weeks before the first death in the UK, a large proportion of the population, if not a majority, had already been infected. It cites an Italian study of a town near Venice where all 3000 residents were tested and somewhere between 50-75% who were infected had no symptoms at all. I don't want to minimize the danger to many, because it is obviously killing people, but the point is that many of us may have already had it, are now immune and we are hiding from something we can no longer get. The good news, if true, the virus will start running out of people to infect.

https://spectator.us/half-uk-population ... ronavirus/
Post Reply