Hunter Walks the Walk

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Walking on water:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

That doesn’t cut it. As obnoxiously and confidently as he proclaimed it, he needs to get wet,
JerseyWave
Riptide

I think Coach Hunter got a big helping of humble pie this season. Now he needs to get work recruiting better talent to compete in the AAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Nonsense. If he wants to do it for fun sure, but I assume he doesn’t want to turn it into a media spectacle to highlight our basement finish. He has shown a keen ability to use the media (shoeless fundraising etc). If anyone doesn’t think he’s the man for the job and we’re not light years better than we were under dunleavy they’re imbeciles.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:22 pm I think Coach Hunter got a big helping of humble pie this season. Now he needs to get work recruiting better talent to compete in the AAC.
Did he get a helping of humble pie ? How many wins did we have last season ? How many conference wins ? When’s the last time we beat Cinci ? Temple ? If we are last in two years I’ll agree with you. We went WINLESS in conference last year. This is a all new team and they finished with atleast 4 conference wins and maybe more depending on the tourney.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Testify Bicoastal, I whole-heartedly (sp?) agree. We're lightyears better than we were a year ago, and with 12 of the 14 players having never suited up for the Green Wave before Hunter got here. I think he's done a hell of a job. And yes, some of his bravado was borderline corny. But he's going to take this basketball program to places we haven't been since the 90's.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The headline of this thread should be changed to read “Hunter fails to walk the walk”.
Growing up I believe a few here can still remember when a local media personality named Buddy Diliberto made a bet one season that Saints wouldn’t win three games. If they did he’d jump into a swimming pool in a Tux. Well he lost (they won four) and he fulfilled his promise with Saints player Steve Stonebreaker at the end of the season on local TV by jumping in an icy Downtown Motor Inn swimming pool one January fully clothed. It became a moment in Saints history that many fans will always remember. Hunter needs to do something similar. The graphic posted on Twitter is a lightweight cop out.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:04 am The headline of this thread should be changed to read “Hunter fails to walk the walk”.
Growing up I believe a few here can still remember when a local media personality named Buddy Diliberto made a bet one season that Saints wouldn’t win three games. If they did he’d jump into a swimming pool in a Tux. Well he lost (they won four) and he fulfilled his promise with Saints player Steve Stonebreaker at the end of the season on local TV by jumping in an icy Downtown Motor Inn swimming pool one January fully clothed. It became a moment in Saints history that many fans will always remember. Hunter needs to do something similar. The graphic posted on Twitter is a lightweight cop out.
plus 1 from me....this "sliding" graphic across a body of water, clearly not lake Pontchartrain it's too damn blue and clean, thing looks like something one of my Wife's first grade "STEM-Questers" would put together....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !