Tulane’s Victory Bell and Confederate connection

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

It’s over. It’s getting to the point now If you were born white in Dixie you’re born a racist. I’ve always known Dixie to be the 11 Confederate States in the South. Changing the name of the beer is offensive to Dixie beer drinkers like myself. I’ll never drink another Dixie or whatever name she chooses to call it.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think Dixie beer sucks to begin with. It's about a step below Coors light, which is the worst.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:40 pm It’s over. It’s getting to the point now If you were born white in Dixie you’re born a racist.
So absurd.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:54 pm I think Dixie beer sucks to begin with. It's about a step below Coors light, which is the worst.
Absolutely. We agree here. I gave it a try when they started brewing it locally again but it was awful.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:36 pm
Show Me wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:40 pm It’s over. It’s getting to the point now If you were born white in Dixie you’re born a racist.
So absurd.
Yes. But that’s about how I feel. I’ve been getting texts about this stuff now from many people of all walks. Renaming everything offensive to someone it’s even more absurd. But that’s where we headed. It only widens the division IMO.
Wave755
Tsunami

And, the madness continues: 😂😂😂

Maker of Eskimo Pie Ice Cream Will Retire ‘Inappropriate’ Name. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/20/busi ... hange.html
And, how as a child I loved going to dinner at my grandmother’s house since dessert for the kids was always an Eskimo Pie.🤷‍♂️
Wave755
Tsunami

🤔🤔🤔, and what about those Washington Redskins?
Wave755
Tsunami

And, no kidding, Dixie Beer really will change its name. https://nola.eater.com/2020/6/26/213045 ... r-protests
Show Me
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 pm And, no kidding, Dixie Beer really will change its name. https://nola.eater.com/2020/6/26/213045 ... r-protests
Unbelievable. White guilt.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:34 pm
Wave755 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 pm And, no kidding, Dixie Beer really will change its name. https://nola.eater.com/2020/6/26/213045 ... r-protests
Unbelievable. White guilt.
all of this, over the name of a 10 dollar bill
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Van Halen legend David Lee Roth announces he’s changed his name. https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/25/ ... -his-name/

Sign of the times, David Lee Roth has removed "Lee" from his name. :shakingno: And, he will now be known simply as "El Roth." :D :lol: :P :clap: ;)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:47 pm Van Halen legend David Lee Roth announces he’s changed his name. https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/25/ ... -his-name/

Sign of the times, David Lee Roth has removed "Lee" from his name. :shakingno: And, he will now be known simply as "El Roth." :D :lol: :P :clap: ;)
He’s faded out. Needs some cheap publicity to get his name out there.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:23 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:47 pm Van Halen legend David Lee Roth announces he’s changed his name. https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/25/ ... -his-name/

He’s faded out. Needs some cheap publicity to get his name out there.
🤔, think maybe it’s satire?😉
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I understand the Dixie Chicks are now known as the Dumb Clucks
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://abc7ny.com/6274909/
Princeton removes Woodrow Wilson for Racist thinking 🤦‍♂️
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:26 pm https://abc7ny.com/6274909/
Princeton removes Woodrow Wilson for Racist thinking 🤦‍♂️
Nothing there.
Yale next then Paul Tulane.
GreenLantern
Riptide

While we're tidying things up, I think the name 'ShowMe' has unacceptable sexual connotations and should be changed to 'MayILookPlease'
Wave755
Tsunami

We all knew this one was coming:
Name change for Washington and Lee University?
https://www.richmond.com/news/washingto ... 60925.html
Wave755
Tsunami

John Wayne Airport to be renamed due to actor’s “racist history”?
https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/j ... 234692293/
swampnik
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:44 pm I think before anything gets considered for renaming people should vote yes or no. When it comes to renaming a street let the people who have an address on the street vote. Statues let the citizens of the community vote. Etc.
Logical all around. LSU poll showed 70% of people in state did not want NOLA statues brought down. IT never made it to a city wide vote on a ballot. Just done. Now the fate of 41-43 city streets in NOLA will be left to the PC whimsy of our city council. We can guess how that will turn out already.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
swampnik
Surge

The USA is the most racist country since inception and placing the blame on the 5 year existence of the CSA will not extinguish that fact. Fredrick Douglas knew this as fact.Their were Southern Nationalists who were abolitionists but needed to establish the CSA as an actual country first by defeating the North. 4 slave states stayed in the Union. Delaware was the last state to abolish slavery.
Sad thing that 150 years after the War really no one has given blacks a break and just see their color. 1960's were the worst sins perpetuated against blacks in the South, but even that should have been blamed on the USA not doing anything to right the injustices between 1865-1960. This was never really "On the south's shoulders" to carry a majority of blame over this long a time span. All major "race riots" were in cities located outside the 11 Confederates States.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Show Me
Tsunami

swampnik wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 pm The USA is the most racist country since inception and placing the blame on the 5 year existence of the CSA will not extinguish that fact. Fredrick Douglas knew this as fact.Their were Southern Nationalists who were abolitionists but needed to establish the CSA as an actual country first by defeating the North. 4 slave states stayed in the Union. Delaware was the last state to abolish slavery.
Sad thing that 150 years after the War really no one has given blacks a break and just see their color. 1960's were the worst sins perpetuated against blacks in the South, but even that should have been blamed on the USA not doing anything to right the injustices between 1865-1960. This was never really "On the south's shoulders" to carry a majority of blame over this long a time span. All major "race riots" were in cities located outside the 11 Confederates States.
I guess electing a two term African American president didn’t give them a break either. Oh well. I guess its more important to correct some point in history that happened over 150 years ago then anything else.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 pm The USA is the most racist country since inception and placing the blame on the 5 year existence of the CSA will not extinguish that fact. Fredrick Douglas knew this as fact.Their were Southern Nationalists who were abolitionists but needed to establish the CSA as an actual country first by defeating the North. 4 slave states stayed in the Union. Delaware was the last state to abolish slavery.
Head Start..Jump Start..False Start...1st step thru 12th step...Section 8...Free and/or reduced housing...Welfare money....Baby Mommas of America, Local 69, money for having kids, wanna raise, spit out anotha kid...lower education standards, Free Lunch & Dinner programs....Defund Welfare, establish "Workfare'....Re-establish the "Draft"...that way all the li'l killers can go kill somethin'...on welfare or social benefits, have two kids...your tubes are tied....Males, have two kids, no job. you balls are cut off...America has made not working, way too lucrative...time to turn off the cash flow
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:04 pm
I guess electing a two term African American president didn’t give them a break either. Oh well. I guess its more important to correct some point in history that happened over 150 years ago then anything else.
ole Barrack was never African American...he is bi-racial...ole Kamala Harris is an African American wannabe..her mother is from India and her Father from Jamacia
anEngineer
Riptide

When the black community decides to acknowledge that an illegitimacy rate in mid-high 70% is the real cause of their poverty, crime rate, lack of education, etc., then I will take their "leaders" seriously. It's got nothing to do with statues, bells, flags, pull ropes, "racism" or any of that other crap. Don't demand help from others until you commit to getting your own house in order.