Tulane has great comeback to beat UCF 75-74

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Building:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 761d6.html

The game is at 11 on ESPNU.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

UCF is favored by 8.5.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Down 39-32 at the half.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm still on the Hunter bandwagon.

But one of the things that drives me nuts is when we REALLY need a basket and we go on offense and work the ball around only to throw up an unlikely three point attempt after using up the entire shot clock. Not the way to get back into a game when the opponent is starting to pull away.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave comes back from 10 down with 4 minutes left to beat UCF 75-74!

3 FTs by Nic Thomas with 7.8 seconds left, and then two defensive steals.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Houma de Wave
Swell

WOW

Ron Hunter just told his critics to kiss his azz.

Never give up!!! Great win on the road!!
Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:00 pm Wave comes back from 10 down with 4 minutes left to beat UCF 75-74!

3 FTs by Nic Thomas with 7.8 seconds left, and then two defensive steals.
Icewater!!
greenie78
Riptide

What a win! I’m pumped. Now time for baseball to win the series.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:02 pm WOW

He sure did!!

The Wave stole one for a change, after having quite a few stolen from them this season.

ROLL WAVE!

And may the baseball team be inspired to follow suit and win the CSF series this evening.
Forever TU
Surge

Everything is coming up wavy for us lately. :). May it continue!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well that was fun. Nice to start our winning streak against the team that sent us into that tailspin.
Jaxwave
Swell

Did he really say that in postgame or are you saying the play of his team spoke for him.
torbida
Surge

Great win...Shows these kids arent quitting.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Did he really say that in postgame or are you saying the play of his team spoke for him.
No, but he did open up the ESPNU interview by saying he may be “Coach of the Year.”
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wow is right. What a nice turnaround to give us something to really cheer about.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Eaglewave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:47 pm I'm still on the Hunter bandwagon.

But one of the things that drives me nuts is when we REALLY need a basket and we go on offense and work the ball around only to throw up an unlikely three point attempt after using up the entire shot clock. Not the way to get back into a game when the opponent is starting to pull away.
This is one of the things that drives me F’n crazy as well! Damn!

Oh how different this record would be if we didn’t have this problem!
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Lets be straight here: In the post game interview, he was asked about being down 10 with a little over 4 minutes to go. The interviewer asked him what changed and his response was "That was some of the best coaching of the year." And he laughed as he said it. If you don't think he was joking, you don't get sarcasm.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Officially we were down 69-59 with 3:01 left. Give them credit for being patient and not just jacking up threes, as well as some timely steals in the last minute.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
AugWave
Swell

GOOD WIN.

Again, we need to support support SUPPORT all of our sports teams. We have good people steering the ship. Players watch what the fans say (and so do recruits) and we do NOT want what Coach Jewett said to be repeated among the common sports fans (that Tulane fans are basically cocky and spoiled for no damn reason). How dare we turn our noses up at back to back bowl wins EVEN THOUGH we probably should've won more games this past year. While I understand being upset after a loss, we need to still show support and continue building our programs. Stop with all the "See, same old Tulane" language. We can see the progress. We see the recruiting classes. We see the casual fan support slowly increasing and the disrespect decreasing. Let's keep it up.

Peace Greenies.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Wave755
Tsunami

AugWave wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:16 pm GOOD WIN.

Again, we need to support support SUPPORT all of our sports teams. We have good people steering the ship. Players watch what the fans say (and so do recruits) and we do NOT want what Coach Jewett said to be repeated among the common sports fans (that Tulane fans are basically cocky and spoiled for no damn reason). How dare we turn our noses up at back to back bowl wins EVEN THOUGH we probably should've won more games this past year. While I understand being upset after a loss, we need to still show support and continue building our programs. Stop with all the "See, same old Tulane" language. We can see the progress. We see the recruiting classes. We see the casual fan support slowly increasing and the disrespect decreasing. Let's keep it up.

Peace Greenies.
👍🏻💪🏻✌🏻
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I agree with most of what you said, but If Coach Jewett did say that he’s a fool.
torbida
Surge

Jewett needs to understand before him there were no back to back losing seasons and it's not being cocky and spoiled-baseball is expected to win.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

He also has great facilities, solid attendance and resources. Yes we aren’t an SEC team but I hate when coaches throw fans, players or anyone else under the bus. You’re the CEO, you knew the situation when hired (if not that speak volumes about you) and you are paid handsomely. Stop throwing others under the bus. This is the antithesis of Hunter & Fritz. Hunter has actively dispelled all the bullshit and toxicity and meets it head on with his trademark confidence and wit. I am firmly on the bandwagon and would love to hear how someone isn’t fully supporting Hunter.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:54 pm He also has great facilities, solid attendance and resources. Yes we aren’t an SEC team but I hate when coaches throw fans, players or anyone else under the bus. You’re the CEO, you knew the situation when hired (if not that speak volumes about you) and you are paid handsomely. Stop throwing others under the bus. This is the antithesis of Hunter & Fritz. Hunter has actively dispelled all the bullshit and toxicity and meets it head on with his trademark confidence and wit. I am firmly on the bandwagon and would love to hear how someone isn’t fully supporting Hunter.
There are aspects of how Hunter runs the in-game coaching/management that I don't like. That doesn't mean I am off the Hunter bandwagon. You don't have to like 100% of any "platform" to not support the Coach and Team.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Top of the 3 to 3
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !