Spring Football !

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Isn't it amazing how much has changed in the last week? I'm hoping we'll be back to "normal" by the start of summer camp. The NBA is saying best case scenario is mid June. It's going to get worse before it gets better, and being somewhat housebound, I'd really appreciate watching sports without spectators. Maybe I'll find the 1986 Masters online!

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:58 am Isn't it amazing how much has changed in the last week? I'm hoping we'll be back to "normal" by the start of summer camp. The NBA is saying best case scenario is mid June. It's going to get worse before it gets better, and being somewhat housebound, I'd really appreciate watching sports without spectators. Maybe I'll find the 1986 Masters online!
"Fall camp" needs to open a minimum of two weeks earlier than normal,
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We are particularly at a disadvantage with the cancellation of spring camps as this doesn’t crystallize other universities QB Depth charts. Without that clarity, QB’s can’t become jaded after being buried on a depth chart and therefore wont transfer to Tulane.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:08 pm We are particularly at a disadvantage with the cancellation of spring camps as this doesn’t crystallize other universities QB Depth charts. Without that clarity, QB’s can’t become jaded after being buried on a depth chart and therefore wont transfer to Tulane.
Kind of hard to translate your post, but after thinking it through, I see your point. We won't have the opportunities to grab a talented QB that is buried on the depth chart.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Where it really hurts us is Pratt not being able to take full advantage of coming early.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:08 pm We are particularly at a disadvantage with the cancellation of spring camps as this doesn’t crystallize other universities QB Depth charts. Without that clarity, QB’s can’t become jaded after being buried on a depth chart and therefore wont transfer to Tulane.
Kind of hard to translate your post, but after thinking it through, I see your point. We won't have the opportunities to grab a talented QB that is buried on the depth chart.
Too many Quarantine Corona Cocktails I’m afraid. But you nailed it.

To attempt to clarify- No P5 Spring camps = no depth Chart for those teams. No Depth Charts = no athletes being named 2nd or 3rd string. No 2nd & 3rd string = fewer grad transfers for Tulane.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 pm

To attempt to clarify- No P5 Spring camps = no depth Chart for those teams. No Depth Charts = no athletes being named 2nd or 3rd string. No 2nd & 3rd string = fewer grad transfers for Tulane.
Got it!

Since we need to find alternatives, this was one of the best days on the UC Quad when I was an undergrad:

https://archive.org/details/rad1984-09- ... d2t12.flac

If track 11 doesn't get you up and rocking, nothing will!!

I'm a forever Fishead! Have about 200 Radiators concerts on tape from my days at Tulane and years beyond!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:08 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Got it!

Since we need to find alternatives, this was one of the best days on the UC Quad when I was an undergrad:

https://archive.org/details/rad1984-09- ... d2t12.flac

If track 11 doesn't get you up and rocking, nothing will!!

I'm a forever Fishead! Have about 200 Radiators concerts on tape from my days at Tulane and years beyond!
I had no idea that website archive.org existed. Listened to a solid 30 minutes of the set, I do love me some radiators.
MicMan
Swell

What, nothing archived from The Cold? I loved Barbara Menendez.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:38 pm What, nothing archived from The Cold? I loved Barbara Menendez.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks tps.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:15 pmThanks tps.
Happier times.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Oh my. Forgot about the Barbara skirt-pull. Thanks for that, TPS!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:17 pm Oh my. Forgot about the Barbara skirt-pull. Thanks for that, TPS!
I was never one to "Catch the Cold". I preferred the Radiators, Neville Brothers, the Meters and George Porter. The video reminded me of why I didn't like The Cold, but the skirt pulls were amusing. And it looks like the guitarist is trying get low enough to look up her skirt, which he didn't need to do if he just stepped up two steps and watched her.

It just wasn't my type of music, but others liked them. They had a significant following.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:57 pm
MicMan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:17 pm Oh my. Forgot about the Barbara skirt-pull. Thanks for that, TPS!
I was never one to "Catch the Cold". I preferred the Radiators, Neville Brothers, the Meters and George Porter. The video reminded me of why I didn't like The Cold, but the skirt pulls were amusing. And it looks like the guitarist is trying get low enough to look up her skirt, which he didn't need to do if he just stepped up two steps and watched her.

It just wasn't my type of music, but others liked them. They had a significant following.
D... U should have "caught" Benny Spellman, Irma Thomas, Earnie K Doe, John Fred & The Playboys, Shadows of Nite,
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:02 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:57 pm

D... U should have "caught" Benny Spellman, Irma Thomas, Earnie K Doe, John Fred & The Playboys, Shadows of Nite,
I caught Irma, and (at a different TGIF on the Quad) Aretha Franklin, And I'm pretty sure I saw Benny Spellman play with Earl King and Trick Bag. Allan Toussaint was another favorite, as he wrote a lot of songs that others covered (Robert Palmer, Little Feat). Hell, I skipped out of a vendor event at a Hospital Employee Health Conference because I was four rows from Steely Dan at Jazz Fest, but that was about 20 years after I got out of Tulane. I did see Walter Becker's last live performance. It was at the Greenwich Town Party with less than 5000 attending. He was a very weird guy!