Spring Football !

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It’s hard to believe but Spring football is only 7 days away ! Definitely puts a little pressure on willie to get his two coaching hires squared away ASAP.

Excited to start getting reports about Jesus, the Watts Bros and Pratt being on campus ! (If I were them I would already be in town for Mardi Gras ! )

TURVS71
Swell

"Jesus" is on our team? Jesus, I didn't know that!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:40 pm "Jesus" is on our team? Jesus, I didn't know that!!
:D

He can walk on water and is a hell of a linebacker
TURVS71
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:07 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:40 pm "Jesus" is on our team? Jesus, I didn't know that!!

No, he is a “Heavenly” linebacker!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
GreenLantern
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:09 pm

And if we can get His Father and Mother to support the team...there will be no stopping us.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:02 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:09 pm

And if we can get His Father and Mother to support the team...there will be no stopping us.
Im hoping he won’t need to step in and help coach hunter on Lake P
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jesus has decreeded that Spring Practice will begin 5 days later that originally scheduled. This may have something to do with the new Coaches being hired
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It DEFINITELY is the new coaches. Even if its finalized and fritz needs to get them up to speed
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenie78
Riptide

February seems early for Spring Practice
wave97
Swell

More time for Jr. Recruiting?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

any news from Rumor Control regarding the Coaching Staff
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Nothing I’ve seen.
billow
High Tide

Anyone know when spring roster will be put up on site?
wave97
Swell

The cone has descended.
If it doesn't rise until 9/3 I am ok with that.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:52 am The cone has descended.
is it the same as the 'corona silence" ?... I also understand that Corona Beer, so not to be taken in a negative light, is changing it's name to Ebola
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:41 pm
is it the same as the 'corona silence" ?... I also understand that Corona Beer, so not to be taken in a negative light, is changing it's name to Ebola
Any beer that needs a fruit added to make it drinkable is not a beer, in my book, worth drinking! Then again, I'd take a Corona (or Blue Moon) over Coors Light 100 out of 100 times. Coors light is the original MINUS 1 in the "Suck Test"!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:25 pm
Any beer that needs a fruit added to make it drinkable is not a beer, in my book, worth drinking! Then again, I'd take a Corona (or Blue Moon) over Coors Light 100 out of 100 times. Coors light is the original MINUS 1 in the "Suck Test"!
Re: Coors

What if we were tailgating on a day reminiscent of the 100 degree 100 % humidity Yulman opener vs georgia tech and trying to remain hydrated while showing some Tulane students how to shotgun a beer. . . Is coors light acceptable then ? ;)

I find coors light, like Bud light, to be acceptable on brutally hot days while tailgating. Although we could just scrap this thought Exercise Altogether and crack open some booze.

(Some day we will have news on the coaching situation and spring football, until then I find this very entertaining).
wave97
Swell

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:03 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:25 pm
Re: Coors

What if we were tailgating on a day reminiscent of the 100 degree 100 % humidity Yulman opener vs georgia tech and trying to remain hydrated while showing some Tulane students how to shotgun a beer. . . Is coors light acceptable then ? ;)

I find coors light, like Bud light, to be acceptable on brutally hot days while tailgating. Although we could just scrap this thought Exercise Altogether and crack open some booze.

(Some day we will have news on the coaching situation and spring football, until then I find this very entertaining).
I find Coors Light and Bud Light to be unacceptable at any time. If you remember "The Suck Factor" it was an internet story about college kids doing a test of how long it took for a beer, exposed to sunlight, to suck. Coors Light got a -1! They said it sucked before it was even opened! I agree, and think it's right up there with PBR and Schlitz as some of the worst excuses for "beer."

Let's hope we get some coaching hire news so we need not debate the worst brews!
wave97
Swell

16oz nector of the gods.
Nothing but the best👍

https://images.app.goo.gl/eNV7p1GA92J9nUhh8
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Assorted thoughts:

Excited for the 3 new receivers- watts bros and the grad transfer I hope they can step up.

Can our TE’s get more involved ? I love when they have 5+ Targets a game.

Our DL needs to have a resurgence and there seemingly is no reason they won’t.

We would all love to have 1 more seasoned QB, but all eyes will be on Pratt & Howard this Spring.

I wish we had a few more analysts, maybe we do and they’re just not listed (DL coach hasn’t been updated).

I think it’s time for Willie to give a hard look at a new Wide Receiver Coach. Go Double the money of LA Tech or FAU and steal theirs.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 am I wish we had a few more analysts, maybe we do and they’re just not listed (DL coach hasn’t been updated).

I think it’s time for Willie to give a hard look at a new Wide Receiver Coach. Go Double the money of LA Tech or FAU and steal theirs.
La tech or FAU...sey what....WR Coaching gawd is already lving in NOLA...bring back CJ !!!!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:55 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 am I wish we had a few more analysts, maybe we do and they’re just not listed (DL coach hasn’t been updated).

La tech or FAU...sey what....WR Coaching gawd is already lving in NOLA...bring back CJ !!!!
Hahahaha well played, Golly
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 am Assorted thoughts:

Excited for the 3 new receivers- watts bros and the grad transfer I hope they can step up.

Can our TE’s get more involved ? I love when they have 5+ Targets a game.

Our DL needs to have a resurgence and there seemingly is no reason they won’t.

We would all love to have 1 more seasoned QB, but all eyes will be on Pratt & Howard this Spring.

I wish we had a few more analysts, maybe we do and they’re just not listed (DL coach hasn’t been updated).

I would hope we get more out of a few 2nd year WR's, particularly Jha'Quon Jackson and Tyrek Presley, Also hope the Watts twins are as good as the coaches thought. Interested to see Pratt and Howard running Will Halls' offense. If we can get decent QB play, the 2020 Wave can compete for the AAC crown.