Tulane Blows the Temple Game 72-68

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not worried about last place:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 6f9b6.html

The game is at 7 on ESPN3 tomorrow.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

I have a bad feeling about this. Hard to see this limping team beating Temple twice in a season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Temple is favored by 2.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

This is probably our best chance to get a win the rest of the season. Not your typical Temple team. We should win easily. Bet the farm take Tulane and the points at home to end the double digit history making 7 game losing streak.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:41 am This is probably our best chance to get a win the rest of the season. Not your typical Temple team. We should win easily. Bet the farm take Tulane and the points at home to end the double digit history making 7 game losing streak.
You might want to wager ShowMe's farm but not the one your grandfather bequeathed to you. Temple will win, cover the spread (now 3 points) and the total will go UNDER (o/u is now 137).

My stone-cold locks took a hit on my last bet and lowered my season record to 3-1. I agree with ShowMe in that Temple is not very good, but have you watched the Wave recently? Tonight I make a big financial comeback by betting ShowMe's farm on Temple and laying two points. Final score, Temple 72, Tulane 64. It's a GreenLantern-stone-cold-lock.

Here are another couple predictions:
  • Coach Hunter begins to walk back his pre-season statement about walking on water and claims he was misquoted. What he really said was that he would walk 'through' water on his flooded Uptown street in order to get to the gym and tell the team that the beatings would continue if their morale remained low.
  • In the first half, the cheerleaders leave the fieldhouse in tears after Hunter approaches the squad and screams in their faces after a poorly executed cheer.
  • Mike Dunleavy returns home from his broker after investing another large Tulane contract settlement check, microwaves a large bag of popcorn and snuggles into his easy chair to enjoy the game.
  • While channel-surfing in his Monaco penthouse apartment, Scott Cowen momentarily comes upon the game, smiles to himself and thinks of how he tried to warn the school that investing money in athletics was futile and how much more would have been gained by putting the funds in the Cowen Institute-Educational Research Center.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I know it's Mardi Gras. But if Tulane never wore uniforms that include purple and gold again, it would be too soon.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Watching on a stream that for some reason tonight is not consistent. Wave up 12 with about 11 minutes left. They're not showing the Tulane huddles during timeout, is Hunter involved tonight, or is it like Saturday's game?
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:19 pm Watching on a stream that for some reason tonight is not consistent. Wave up 12 with about 11 minutes left. They're not showing the Tulane huddles during timeout, is Hunter involved tonight, or is it like Saturday's game?
Coach H is running things and drawing up plays
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This is brutal.

66-66 28 seconds left.

We cannot close out a win. Brutal.

We do have some decent young players to build our roster around.
Show Me
Tsunami

Lesson learned I’m now homeless. Never bet on Tulane basketball.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Post game interview with Coach H. I still believe he's the man for Tulane. However, he needs to take a Xanax before each game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 pm Post game interview with Coach H. I still believe he's the man for Tulane. However, he needs to take a Xanax before each game.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Baseball starts in 2 days. That’s all.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:14 pm Lesson learned I’m now homeless. Never bet on Tulane basketball.
💸💸💸
Tulane Class of 1981
jhg
Ripple

I'm so sorry. We stole that one.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I didn’t watch but honestly . . . Relax. This is like the football season, we had some
Immediate success and have struggled. Except this team went WINLESS in conference last year and have a good ooc win and a couple in conference wins. We will win a couple more, but honestly stop with this hyperbole. I love that our coach hates to lose and brings fevered intensity. I never want to hear about Cowen and (in a couple years) Dunleavy again. They have no bearing on Tulane anymore, And I Hope Cowen is fearlessly helping Uconn into the toilet.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 pm Post game interview with Coach H. I still believe he's the man for Tulane. However, he needs to take a Xanax before each game.
I am 100% behind Ron Hunter.
WavyHoops
High Tide

I thought Coach Hunter’s remarks about point guard leadership and experience were telling. With all of the talk of the transfer students Hunter brought in this season, the biggest disappointment has to be Walker (a Dunleavy (or more accurately, Tony Chiles) guy) who is the only true point guard on the team. When he was solid early in the season, the team ran smoothly. Since he’s lost his way, the team has struggled.
Show Me
Tsunami

Ron complaining about not having a point guard he has to take blame. He wasn’t that interested in keeping Caleb Daniels and the kid from France left mid season because of lack of PT so he’s now gone also. Hopefully he signs a couple keeper PG’s for next year.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Show Me wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:50 am Ron complaining about not having a point guard he has to take blame. He wasn’t that interested in keeping Caleb Daniels and the kid from France left mid season because of lack of PT so he’s now gone also. Hopefully he signs a couple keeper PG’s for next year.
Evidence that he didn’t want to keep Daniels (who’s a very good player but not really a point guard either)?
Show Me
Tsunami

WavyHoops wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 am
Show Me wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:50 am Ron complaining about not having a point guard he has to take blame. He wasn’t that interested in keeping Caleb Daniels and the kid from France left mid season because of lack of PT so he’s now gone also. Hopefully he signs a couple keeper PG’s for next year.
Evidence that he didn’t want to keep Daniels (who’s a very good player but not really a point guard either)?
The evidence is that he’s not here. Daniels would have helped true PG or not.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Show Me wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 am
Of course he would have helped but that’s proof of nothing.

It was very clear that Daniels was looking to leave before Hunter even got appointed. If anything Hunter’s hiring gave him more to think about but the Villanova offer spoke for itself.
Show Me
Tsunami

WavyHoops wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 am
Show Me wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 am
Of course he would have helped but that’s proof of nothing.

It was very clear that Daniels was looking to leave before Hunter even got appointed. If anything Hunter’s hiring gave him more to think about but the Villanova offer spoke for itself.
No. I disagree. He wasn’t looking to leave. Hunter just wasn’t that interested in him. Hunter wanted to run off every player from the 4 win squad. So he looked elsewhere.
Last edited by Show Me on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this loss will be used as a learning tool...and a deep run in the NCAA's will take place
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !