Jett Duffey denied admission

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:44 am
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 am Getting back to Duffey, based upon his university and legal history, he is a better fit for a directional state university like Central Michigan, not a university like Tulane.

And after all, he was Texas Tech’s 3rd string quarterback?
and most probably better than Tulanes first string QB
And all p5s passed on him? :thumbup:
shows how desperate Tulane was...how many PEE's went after McMillian

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:04 am
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:44 am
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 am Getting back to Duffey, based upon his university and legal history, he is a better fit for a directional state university like Central Michigan, not a university like Tulane.

And after all, he was Texas Tech’s 3rd string quarterback?
and most probably better than Tulanes first string QB
And all p5s passed on him? :thumbup:
shows how desperate Tulane was...how many PEE's went after McMillian
McM was a different situation entirely. He had very little game experience.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane is a G not a P so the P's had already passed over him. So he went from one G to another.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It will be interesting to see how he does at Central Michigan. I wish him all the best. He certainly has talent.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

How do any of u know his offers?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

So some are trying to justify the Admissions screw up on the notion that Duffey isn’t good enough of a QB? Laughable.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Aberzombie1892
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 am So some are trying to justify the Admissions screw up on the notion that Duffey isn’t good enough of a QB? Laughable.
It’s not whether or not he’s good enough - clearly whatever issues he had were significant enough for virtually everyone else to pass. If it wasn’t he performance, then it could only really be one thing.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:06 am
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 am So some are trying to justify the Admissions screw up on the notion that Duffey isn’t good enough of a QB? Laughable.
It’s not whether or not he’s good enough - clearly whatever issues he had were significant enough for virtually everyone else to pass. If it wasn’t he performance, then it could only really be one thing.
Funny. No one here was saying he sucked when he committed to us and had clearly been passed over by the P's already.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Get over it already , Mr Duffey has .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I have provided several times respected metrics that ranked him at the #17th best QB in football last year. He was branded untouchable/toxic once we passed on him.
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:09 am I have provided several times respected metrics that ranked him at the #17th best QB in football last year. He was branded untouchable/toxic once we passed on him.
We were his first choice, even over perhaps interested P5s?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:09 am I have provided several times respected metrics that ranked him at the #17th best QB in football last year. He was branded untouchable/toxic once we passed on him.
We were his first choice, even over perhaps interested P5s?
I don't believe Tulane was his first choice or that Tulane was either the first or the only team to turn him down. If he's that great of a QB, he was overlooked for reasons other than his on the field performance, and what those reasons would be should be obvious at this point.

That being said, by no stretch of the imagination is it somehow Tulane's fault that no one else of relevance wanted him.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Looks like this thread, will fall just short, of the Legendary 100 page mark
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

...or he took the first option that guaranteed admission and a starting gig, especially after the Tulane issue(s).
Aberzombie1892
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:58 pm
...or he took the first option that guaranteed admission and a starting gig, especially after the Tulane issue(s).
That's possible, but, if he was perceived to be as good as the stats show that he is, it seems unlikely that no one else in the FBS would guarantee him admission that wasn't higher on the food chain than CMU.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Exactly. Tulane's gutless wonders in Admissions, who I guess are easily subject to hysterics, branded him with a scarlet letter on the forehead.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:28 pm Exactly. Tulane's gutless wonders in Admissions, who I guess are easily subject to hysterics, branded him with a scarlet letter on the forehead.
BS. Plain and simple BS.

He was in the Portal, a bunch of higher profile schools that need a QB passed on him before HE declared he was going to Tulane before he'd been accepted. If Coach Fritz is pissed, so be it. Control your recruits tweets until it's a done deal.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:41 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:28 pm Exactly. Tulane's gutless wonders in Admissions, who I guess are easily subject to hysterics, branded him with a scarlet letter on the forehead.
BS. Plain and simple BS.

He was in the Portal, a bunch of higher profile schools that need a QB passed on him before HE declared he was going to Tulane before he'd been accepted. If Coach Fritz is pissed, so be it. Control your recruits tweets until it's a done deal.
I'm pretty sure Fritz isn't upset about whether Duffey tweeted his Tulane decision too early--he's upset because of the clown operation that is Tulane Admissions.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Right. Duffey din't tweet too early. Fritz nor any coach can say anything before a grad transfer is here and in class. Just like they can't name HS recruits till signing day. Tulane recruited him. He accepted. The staff put him through the admissions process and was told it was a go and thus he was told it was a go. People who have talked directly with Fritz and Dannen have posted that on our various sites.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Fritz usually tweets something about the hometown of recruits that have signed and cleared admissions. I don't think Duffey ever cleared admissions, despite hearsay posted here that says he was accepted and then had the acceptance withdrawn.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

First off Fritz has cut back on that for fear of others poaching his recruits. Secondly that doesn't apply here as this is a transfer and can't be spoken about till he's on campus and in class. He hasn't usually used those type of tweets on transfers. As for hearsay if you want to call TPS and others liars that's on you. Others see what happened.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'm saying it's all been "he told me this after hearing it from...." Then posted here where it's 3rd or 4th generation. It's like the old game of "telephone".

Is it not possible that the coach and player THOUGHT he was accepted, that got relayed to someone who relayed it to a poster here and by the time it was posted here it became "he was accepted and then the admission was reneged"?
Hearsay.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nope. Posters who have said they heard it directly from WF or TD.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:26 pm Nope. Posters who have said they heard it directly from WF or TD.
I must have missed the post where one of them directly said "TD (or WF) told me he was accepted one day and then the admission was withdrawn."
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:07 pm I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'm saying it's all been "he told me this after hearing it from...." Then posted here where it's 3rd or 4th generation. It's like the old game of "telephone".

Is it not possible that the coach and player THOUGHT he was accepted, that got relayed to someone who relayed it to a poster here and by the time it was posted here it became "he was accepted and then the admission was reneged"?
Hearsay.
3rd and 4th generation info is usually as good as it gets in the world of Tulane. The alternative is for fans to not discuss such matters—exactly what the Tulane admin would like.

In this case there is further evidence in the reaction, and apparently statements, of both Fritz and Dannen. The preponderance of evidence clearly points to a huge screw up in Admissions.