Jett Duffey denied admission

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:23 am
GreenLantern wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:04 am So.... Jett Duffey, Tanner Lee, and Lindsey Scott walk into a bar. The bartender happens to be Tulane's Dean of Admissions. He says "what'll you have?"

I don't know the punchline to this joke, but there has been so much fiction written about all four of them on this site that I'm certain one of you insiders know what was actually said.

I imagine it went something like this:

The bartender looks at Jett Duffey and says, "We don't serve your kind here." Tanner Lee is frustrated with this and nervously looks for another bartender. Seeing none, he throws a twenty dollar bill over the bartender's head. Watching the whole thing in disgust, Lindsey Scott turns, walks out of the bar and says "I can do better than this joint". Sadly, he discovers all the other bars are closed.
🤗🤗🤗🤗
rummah has it, Tulane admissions has installed secruity cameras at all "drive thu" daiquiri locations....good luck Lindsey

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

The truth is he entered the Transfer Portal on 12/13/2019 and all P5s passed on him. And, there was nothing “exotic” about the decision of Tulane admissions.
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Our coaches thought highly enough of him to offer. Not here to change people’s opinions. I’m just expressing a different opinion of my own.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
oliveandblue
Surge

CMU admissions also denied his application.

Tulane didn't mess this one up.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wow
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:32 pm CMU admissions also denied his application.

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

And he was NEVER admitted to Tulane. Some claim he was admitted and it was then rescinded. Not accurate, I know for a fact.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:35 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:32 pm CMU admissions also denied his application.

This. As was previously emphasized in this thread, Tulane did not make a mistake here.
GreenLantern
Riptide

This from Evan Petzold, managing editor for Central Michigan Life publication.

I'll wait here for the posters to apologize who were so quick to disparage Tulane. As I've said repeatedly, unless you work in Admissions, there is no way that you could know all the facts.
anEngineer
Riptide

What does this mean:
A) Tulane might be able to win a few games now.
B) Those who were so upset about this can start badgering the admissions office for re-consideration.
C) Both.
Wave755
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:40 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:35 pm

This. As was previously emphasized in this thread, Tulane did not make a mistake here.
Apparently there are even more things about this guy we don't know about that neither Tulane nor Central Michigan under privacy rules can make public in explanation for their decisions to deny his admission. And remember, apparently all P5s passed on Duffey too?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wonder if he can stay at Texas Tech for his final season? He obviously doesn't want to because he's buried on the depth chart. I also think ANYWHERE he went, he'd have to earn the starting job, even at Tulane.

I am sure that Fritz and Dannen could approach the admissions folks (and yes, we have people who only work on getting athletes accepted in our admissions department) and try again. But it doesn't look good. We will never know the reasons for his not getting in.
AugWave
Swell

Oh wait. You mean, people jumped the gun to bash Tulane instead of waiting for the facts? Surely this doesn't happen everyday on the internet.

I believe some of you mofo's get erect thinking about how to blame Tulane for something.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:06 pm I wonder if he can stay at Texas Tech for his final season? He obviously doesn't want to because he's buried on the depth chart. I also think ANYWHERE he went, he'd have to earn the starting job, even at Tulane.

I am sure that Fritz and Dannen could approach the admissions folks (and yes, we have people who only work on getting athletes accepted in our admissions department) and try again. But it doesn't look good. We will never know the reasons for his not getting in.
If he can't get into Central Michigan after submitting a completed application, I cannot envision a scenario where Tulane would make room for him.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

AugWave wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:16 pm Oh wait. You mean, people jumped the gun to bash Tulane instead of waiting for the facts? Surely this doesn't happen everyday on the internet.

I believe some of you mofo's get erect thinking about how to blame Tulane for something.
I totally see your point, Auggie!

There are a lot of things to blame Tulane for. We are often shooting ourselves in the foot. But Jett Duffey is not one of them. I hope this thread dies in the next 24 hours!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

onward to Notre Dame...
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:34 pm onward to Notre Dame...
I would LMFAO if he got accepted at ND! It would also give me something to tease my brother (ND '71) with. He thinks ND is "holier than thou" versus 100% of the rest of the NCAA. He's more gun ho about ND than I am about Tulane (which is hard to beat!)

I think at this point there's a stench around Mr. Jett Duffey, and he's going to have a tough time getting a gig.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:46 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:34 pm onward to Notre Dame...
I would LMFAO if he got accepted at ND! It would also give me something to tease my brother (ND '71) with. He thinks ND is "holier than thou" versus 100% of the rest of the NCAA. He's more gun ho about ND than I am about Tulane (which is hard to beat!)

I think at this point there's a stench around Mr. Jett Duffey, and he's going to have a tough time getting a gig.
he will Jett into South Bend with Mayor Pete...bow before TD Jesus, and receive absolution !!!
Wave755
Tsunami

AugWave wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:16 pm Oh wait. You mean, people jumped the gun to bash Tulane instead of waiting for the facts? Surely this doesn't happen everyday on the internet.

While they are not Trolls - CajunFanatico, ExFlash & KookingKajun were trolls - we sure do have a large contingent of "blame Tulane first" people on this forum. I understand that a combined 34 years for the Kelly/Cowen presidencies have psychologically injured all of us. But just the same, it is time to give the Fitts-Dannen-Hertz troika the benefit of the doubt. They to date have earned it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:30 pm

While they are not Trolls - CajunFanatico, ExFlash & KookingKajun were trolls - we sure do have a large contingent of "blame Tulane first" people on this forum. I understand that a combined 34 years for the Kelly/Cowen presidencies have psychologically injured all of us. But just the same, it is time to give the Fitts-Dannen-Hertz troika the benefit of the doubt. They to date have earned it.
Cajunfanatico was not a troll. He offered a lot a good insight not only about ULa-La, but about his background with Tulane. I miss his posts, though some of them were simply rah-rah ULa-La!

I hope he's doing well. If you read this, CF, private message me.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Well now we know it’s not academic issues or murder.
Tulane Class of 1981
squilz
Low Tide

So this wasn't some grand scheme from admissions to sabotage the athletic department?? /s
squilz
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:13 pm Well now we know it’s not academic issues or murder.
Could still be academic issues, just very VERY BAD academic issues
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

squilz wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:25 pm
tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:13 pm Well now we know it’s not academic issues or murder.
Could still be academic issues, just very VERY BAD academic issues
It was his Sexual Assault complaint. I still believe had the basketball rape charge not occurred he probably gets in. Too risky after that.
http://www.cm-life.com/article/2020/02/ ... m-mcelwain
A second Title IX complaint against Duffey, which occurred while he was at Texas Tech in 2019, was a factor in CMU's decision to end its dialog with the quarterback. A female student at the university said Duffey sexually assaulted her while she was incapacitated. The case ended in mediation, or as they described it, "voluntary resolution." Duffey was not suspended from team activities.
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:49 pm Time for us alums to head to campus and get rid of all the anti-athletics personnel in every graduate admissions office. This is exactly the thing that will make a coach like Fritz leave. He tries to do everything the right way, and they still screw him over.
Are you now ready to redact ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .