Armed Forces Bowl vs. Southern Miss

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
WavyHoops
High Tide

I love it - approximately 0% of "experts" predicated that one.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
greenphantom
Swell

Definitely better than Frisco Bowl vs Marshall.
Wave755
Tsunami

Great news compared to the Frisco Bowl!!!

And, a chance to “beat the Hell” out of our old rival So. Miss. And, I like the 1/4 date a whole lot better than Frisco’s 12/20!
Wave755
Tsunami

WavyHoops wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:51 pm I love it - approximately 0% of "experts" predicated that one.
Yep, and so much for the prognostication of that a-hole Brett McMurphy. :lol:
Wave755
Tsunami

And, by Sagarin’s rating system on a neutral field we are just under an 8 pt. Favorite > USM. :D
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Wave755
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:07 pm
Played @ TCU. 8-)
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane will face Jack Abraham and the USM Mustard Buzzards in my old haunts at TCU's Amon G. Carter stadium. Remember that Abraham was the QB rejected by Fritz who was then looking for a run-first quarterback. I'd say Abraham will be up for this game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:32 pm Tulane will face Jack Abraham and the USM Mustard Buzzards in my old haunts at TCU's Amon G. Carter stadium. Remember that Abraham was the QB rejected by Fritz who was then looking for a run-first quarterback. I'd say Abraham will be up for this game.
Was he rejected by Fritz or did he reject Fritz and the offense he was known for?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Would like to see Keon Howard get some snaps this game as well.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I luv it just because of the late date.....and easier drive to TCU than to Frisco,
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Much better than Cure Or Frisco by a good deal. This should be a W. Lots of practice time, Saturday game against an old rival.

Just an aside- better Or worse than boca bowl ?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

memo to Tulane $$$$ people...the 4th is a Saturday...have a fund raising golf tournament on Friday afternoon.....some nice courses are in Ft Worth...U may try the one across from the Texas Motor Speedway on Champions Circle Drive....
http://www.championscirclegolf.com/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:44 pm Just an aside- better Or worse than boca bowl ?
I suppose this is in the eye of the beholder, but I think playing USM in Ft. Worth will make for a better rivalry game than playing FAU in Boca Raton which would have been essentially a home game for FAU.
  • USM will send a lot of fans. Perhaps more than Tulane.
  • Great storylines with Jack Abraham, USM's QB and former Tulane commit.
  • Amon Carter is a great stadium that underwent a major renovation in the last 10 years. Capacity is a little less than 50,000.
  • Easy fly in/out to DFW which is a half hour from the stadium (if you fly Southwest, you'll have to use Love Field in Dallas).
  • Easy drive from New Orleans: I-10 x I-49 x I-20.
  • Abundant lodging...especially in January.
  • The football stadium is on the TCU campus which is beautiful. Not as much as Tulane, but still.
  • Great restaurants in Ft. Worth. The best steaks, BBQ, and Mexican food anywhere.
  • Ft. Worth is 'where the west begins' and is quite a cultural treat for folks that want to cowboy-up for a couple days.
  • Wonderful arts/culture area with the Amon Carter Museum of Western Art nearby.
Although the Ft. Worth area is a great spot to spend a couple days, the weather can be as cold as a witch's heart in January. Bring warm clothes. Anyone that needs local info from a Ft. Worth expatriate, PM me.

Start getting in the mood now:
msdos
Swell

This is really about as good as you can get going 6-6
Not bad
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad to see us get to play a rival in USM. No excuses. Let's kick their asses.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:13 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:44 pm Just an aside- better Or worse than boca bowl ?
I suppose this is in the eye of the beholder, but I think playing USM in Ft. Worth will make for a better rivalry game than playing FAU in Boca Raton which would have been essentially a home game for FAU.
  • USM will send a lot of fans. Perhaps more than Tulane.
  • Great storylines with Jack Abraham, USM's QB and former Tulane commit.
  • Amon Carter is a great stadium that underwent a major renovation in the last 10 years. Capacity is a little less than 50,000.
  • Easy fly in/out to DFW which is a half hour from the stadium (if you fly Southwest, you'll have to use Love Field in Dallas).
  • Easy drive from New Orleans: I-10 x I-49 x I-20.
  • Abundant lodging...especially in January.
  • The football stadium is on the TCU campus which is beautiful. Not as much as Tulane, but still.
  • Great restaurants in Ft. Worth. The best steaks, BBQ, and Mexican food anywhere.
  • Ft. Worth is 'where the west begins' and is quite a cultural treat for folks that want to cowboy-up for a couple days.
  • Wonderful arts/culture area with the Amon Carter Museum of Western Art nearby.
Although the Ft. Worth area is a great spot to spend a couple days, the weather can be as cold as a witch's heart in January. Bring warm clothes. Anyone that needs local info from a Ft. Worth expatriate, PM me.

Start getting in the mood now:
Great stuff thanks ! Got me excited about Fort Worth ! (Never thought I’d say that)
RobertM320
Green Wave

This is a game we should win. Best team USM beat all year was #95 UAB, and they lost to both #75 Western Kentucky and @ #89 Louisiana Tech.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7365&s=308075
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:43 pm Would like to see Keon Howard get some snaps this game as well.
I’d like to see Howard play the entire game. I’m done with McMillan. Why not use this game as a springboard to next season. I’d say it’s 50/50 that Hall will be around to coach this game, we could have a new offensive coordinator in place. Bradwell, appeared to be banged up for much of this season, so he has a month to heal up. All of our weapons should be 100%. Give USM a heavy dose of running.
RobertM320
Green Wave

McMillan deserves to play in his last game. A bowl game is a reward for the season. Without him, we not in a bowl last year or this year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:59 pm McMillan deserves to play in his last game. A bowl game is a reward for the season. Without him, we not in a bowl last year or this year.
I think McMillan should start and play most of the first half. Then lets see Howard, and let him get some valuable playing time against first string to prepare for next year. Tip of the hat to McMillan, but we have to prep for the 2020 season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:59 pm McMillan deserves to play in his last game. A bowl game is a reward for the season. Without him, we not in a bowl last year or this year.
I agree that McMillen deserves to be the QB unless they get a comfortable lead. It would be a totally chickensh!t thing to sit him and totally unlike the persona/respect that Coach Fritz has worked to earn with players, recruits and coaches.