Tulane v. LSU in MBB Next Year

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In the Advocate today Wade talks about possibly scheduling a game against Tulane in New Orleans next year. Based on what jerseywave says Tulane will either need to change their thinking about playing in the Arena or we'll be robbed of this chance to play them.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This would be amazing.
oliveandblue
Surge

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm In the Advocate today Wade talks about possibly scheduling a game against Tulane in New Orleans next year. Based on what jerseywave says Tulane will either need to change their thinking about playing in the Arena or we'll be robbed of this chance to play them.
Rivalry died ages ago, but it's a decent SOS game. This is better than a SWAC team at home.
NOLA Fan
Ripple

I was waiting for someone to post about this. It would be a step in the right direction. Wade's comment was he wanted to play in front of his fan base throughout the state. As such, he may want to largest site available.
Off subject, but LSU-Tulane related, did you see where the 24/7 Aggie site is pushing Tulane for inclusion into the Big 12. Claims that would be the only way to break LSU's hold on recruiting in Louisiana.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm In the Advocate today Wade talks about possibly scheduling a game against Tulane in New Orleans next year. Based on what jerseywave says Tulane will either need to change their thinking about playing in the Arena or we'll be robbed of this chance to play them.
Rivalry died ages ago, but it's a decent SOS game. This is better than a SWAC team at home.
Maybe in your eyes but not in the eyes of most of our fan base. They are our arch rival and will always be.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLA Fan wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 pm I was waiting for someone to post about this. It would be a step in the right direction. Wade's comment was he wanted to play in front of his fan base throughout the state. As such, he may want to largest site available.
Off subject, but LSU-Tulane related, did you see where the 24/7 Aggie site is pushing Tulane for inclusion into the Big 12. Claims that would be the only way to break LSU's hold on recruiting in Louisiana.
Location. location, location.
oliveandblue
Surge

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:17 pm
Maybe in your eyes but not in the eyes of most of our fan base. They are our arch rival and will always be.
Most Tulane fans in NOLA actively like both teams.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:30 pm
That’s not true.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

*some (unless you’ve done some statistically significant sampling)

Also doesn’t mean if Tulane keeps winning that will continue To be the case. Nor does that need to be the Case for the next generation. What about when they play each other ? People wouldn’t pick sides ? I personally believe it is still a rivalry and that it would would get our students, faculty & alums fired up. We also would have a decent chance at beating them in the next few years.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 pm Rivalry died ages ago, but it's a decent SOS game. This is better than a SWAC team at home.
BS

And though I don't live in New Orleans, most of my friends that do still tell me there's absolute hatred of Tulane from LSU fans. I experience it when I visit and wear my Tulane gear.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

:warn: Disagree, most Tulane fans also love the Saints and are either indifferent to or hate LSWho.
TURVS71
Swell

Not THIS family!!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
NOLA Fan
Ripple

Hey winwave:
If this doesn't work, go to 247 Texas A&M Junction Board.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/ ... 139893418/
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:35 pm
That’s not true.
Agree, win, not true at all!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLA Fan wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 pm I was waiting for someone to post about this. It would be a step in the right direction. Wade's comment was he wanted to play in front of his fan base throughout the state. As such, he may want to largest site available.
Any support for getting into the Big 12 is appreciated. But I think aTm left any influence, with the Big 12, on the front porch when they entered the SEC house. What aTm should do is encourage the other SEC schools to pressure LSU into removing their SEC veto of us. I think many SEC schools would like to see us back in the SEC--they love N.O. and it would put LSU back on even recruiting ground with its other SEC West opponents.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave QB
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:38 pm
Any support for getting into the Big 12 is appreciated. But I think aTm left any influence, with the Big 12, on the front porch when they entered the SEC house. What aTm should do is encourage the other SEC schools to pressure LSU into removing their SEC veto of us. I think many SEC schools would like to see us back in the SEC--they love N.O. and it would put LSU back on even recruiting ground with its other SEC West opponents.
SEC fans don’t want us. We have to start winning where we are before anyone starts dreaming of Tulane in the SEC.
Ruski
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:38 pm
Absolutely not a big enough incentive for SEC schools to do this. They already have the New Orleans market, adding Tulane dilutes the product and just increases mouths to feed.

What they could do to get more exposure with Louisiana kids is playing 1-1s with us. I’m sure that would require a lot of games in the dome rather than yulman.
Ruski
Swell

I imagine Hunter would have no problem playing in the arena. Would this still count as a home game for NET/RPI purposes? Is it too soon to think we can be competitive with them?
sader24
Tsunami

That’s not true.
I actively root for both teams nowadays. The rivalry is dead. The younger generation of fans has never seen or heard of a Tulane-LSU rivalry. It’s sad but it’s true. I’m glad I got to see what I would consider the last true game of the rivalry in 1987 in the Dome. That was a hell of a game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good to see Wade take the Skip Bertman approach about playing in-State schools on the road. LSU played at Devlin in Wade’s first year in an exhibition during the Dunleavy error oops era 🙃 (Tulane won).
I don’t know that he’d require playing at SK downtown. We only drew in the 3,000 range last time we played there under Dave Dickerson and won.
Glad Joe Alleva is gone that improves the chances of playing in Devlin. Either way it’s good for the state of Louisiana to have Tulane and LSU play one another in as many sports as possible. I also still consider them to be a rival. It’s one of the few teams I’d go out of my way to see us play in any sport.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:10 am
That’s not true.
I actively root for both teams nowadays. The rivalry is dead. The younger generation of fans has never seen or heard of a Tulane-LSU rivalry. It’s sad but it’s true. I’m glad I got to see what I would consider the last true game of the rivalry in 1987 in the Dome. That was a hell of a game.
You also went to LSU. The rivalry is not dead and never will be. The last thing LSU wants is to lose to us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:51 am Good to see Wade take the Skip Bertman approach about playing in-State schools on the road. LSU played at Devlin in Wade’s first year in an exhibition during the Dunleavy error oops era 🙃 (Tulane won).
I don’t know that he’d require playing at SK downtown. We only drew in the 3,000 range last time we played there under Dave Dickerson and won.
Glad Joe Alleva is gone that improves the chances of playing in Devlin. Either way it’s good for the state of Louisiana to have Tulane and LSU play one another in as many sports as possible. I also still consider them to be a rival. It’s one of the few teams I’d go out of my way to see us play in any sport.
They have a renewed interest in their program. We now are building interest in ours. I don't think there's any chance it gets played in Fogelman. Tulane should not insist on that as a condition. TD already fucked up the baseball series. He better not fuck this up.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane to the SEC, will NEVER happen..LSU, Ole Miss Miss State, A&M and Arkansas will oppose this...A&M wants Tulane in teh Big 12 to take ways the talent LSU is getting and no other reason..A&M's influence in the big12 is ZERO....if texas@Austin and OU sez's admit Tulane then it will happen...not before....in regards to teh LSU Tulane basketball game...hold it at the Ponchatrain center in kenner...screw the smoothies of the world, they have enuff kings and barons
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Play the game at the UNO Arena, and get favorable contract concessions for both teams. It would be considered a neutral site game, though we would probably have more LSU fans than Tulane fans, only because there's a boatload more of them (MUCH bigger school.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLA Fan
Ripple

Hey winwave, LSU, like Tulane, doesn't like to lose to anyone.
Did it ever dawn on you "hate LSU" guys that there are a lot of old time LSU guys who for one reason or another can't make it to Baton Rouge anymore, but who still like to go to games in all sports.? With TU's meger attendance, it wouldn't hurt turning down some of the LSwho hate BS & figuring out ways to market your improving product to the fans in the NOLA area of BOTH SCHOOLS.