Lack of QB

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

Kudos to McMillan for leading Tulane to two bowls, but to build a passing offense around him was not possible.
For Willie to succeed long term at Tulane and compete for conf championships, he must do whatever he can to bring good QBs into the program. That is now the difference between this program and the upper echelon of the AAC.

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I agree. Excited for new QBs to be brought in and see what Keon can do. As I said in the other thread, I think we should have started Alternating series with Keon and McM following the Navy game. It would either light a fire under McMillan or if Keon flourished he could take the reins. Yes this is hindsight, but several had been calling for McMillans benching from Starting with navy.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:40 pm Kudos to McMillan for leading Tulane to two bowls, but to build a passing offense around him was not possible.
For Willie to succeed long term at Tulane and compete for conf championships, he must do whatever he can to bring good QBs into the program. That is now the difference between this program and the upper echelon of the AAC.
That and the O-Line. We can run this offense if we can protect the QB a bit better and have a QB that's going to complete 60+% of his passes.

I think we'll play well in the bowl game, as we have a few weeks to prepare. I hope we beat the crap out of a C-USA team, or whomever we play.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wavetime
Swell

I've not seen too much of our back up from USM. However, he may not be as elusive as McMillan, but he has to be more accurate.

Speaking of USM, I love their QB Abraham.....
anEngineer
Riptide

Wavetime wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:47 pm I've not seen too much of our back up from USM. However, he may not be as elusive as McMillan, but he has to be more accurate.

Speaking of USM, I love their QB Abraham.....
That's Howard. I think he is not much more accurate. I suspect next years' starter is not yet on the roster.
glennc
Low Tide

Maybe the Ibieta kid who committed
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

glennc wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:17 pm Maybe the Ibieta kid who committed
He needs a redshirt year. Ideally bring in a solid Graduate transfer.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We definitely need to be better at this position. Howard has gotten better as a thrower and is a capable runner. Of the two freshman I would expect Pratt to be the one more likely to be able to contribute next year if Howard hasn't overcome his ball handling issues. He played in the highest classification in Florida and transferred to a school that had an incumbent starter and got the job. So he clearly has leadership abilities. It would be nice to get a grad transfer to have more experience there. The offense will be better with a more accurate passer. We left a lot of yards on the field and it had to affect our play calling as the staff lost confidence in his ability to throw.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And then, when we run a really nice pass play (McMillans reverse bootleg to the right), Mouney drops a pass right in his hands that would have gained at least twenty yards. Then you're behind the chains at 2nd and 10. Those kinds of plays are killers.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
anEngineer
Riptide

If either Ibieta or Pratt is eligible to graduate in December and be enrolled in the Spring, that would greatly improve the chances that one can contribute as a freshman (assuming they both stick with us). Anyone know if that's the case?
Jaxwave
Swell

If Howard is the QB and he is less elusive than McMillan it may not matter if he is more accurate behind this OL.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I am unsure about elusiveness specifically, but I believe Howard he is considered a superior athlete and runner to McMillan. We are going to need a few grad transfer wide receivers, OL & Qb & Linebacker.