Tulane Beats Southern 82-65

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Lawson and Hightower just tore it up. This is a fun team to watch, and they deserve strong support from the Tulane community. Hopefully we’ll start seeing some fans in the stands come conference play.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Good win. Great to see Lawson step up. They don't have our talent. Would have liked to see Walker tear them up, but still a good win we should have had. It was great seeing Hunter not accepting the lull the team came out in. Also no Ona Embo
GreenLantern
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:00 pm Southern scores 7 in the last minute, but the final score 82-65.
Coach cleared the bench in the last 90 seconds, giving most players a few plays on the court.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:45 pm Good win. Great to see Lawson step up. They don't have our talent. Would have liked to see Walker tear them up, but still a good win we should have had. It was great seeing Hunter not accepting the lull the team came out in. Also no Ona Embo
Embo quit the team. Went back home.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If you think this crowd was small our next home game on 12-16 is going up against the Saints on MNF in the Dome.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:13 pm If you think this crowd was small our next home game on 12-16 is going up against the Saints on MNF in the Dome.
How does that even happen?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I like this team a lot. They look like they are starting to gel. Lawson and Hightower were terrific against Southern. Amazing job Hunter has done with this program in the last six months.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If we can get a little out of Ali just for matchups against Memphis and teams with size I would feel pretty good heading into conference play. The next big challenge is against St Louis on Sunday (USM on Wednesday).
Wave QB
Swell

Not a bad performance for a team that lost to the worst team in the SWAC conference last season. I expect to win some conference games this year and make it to a postseason tournament. Hunter coaches well from the floor.
swampnik
Surge

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:08 pm If we can get a little out of Ali just for matchups against Memphis and teams with size I would feel pretty good heading into conference play. The next big challenge is against St Louis on Sunday (USM on Wednesday).
Is Ali still in a boot?

If ROE indeed left pour la France, does that give us the right to bring in one more player this year?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
WavyHoops
High Tide

Coach Hunter doesn't sound too broken up about losing ROE.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ali is still in a boot.
oliveandblue
Surge

His attitude is fantastic for a HC. Turns up the heat on guys before it turns into a crisis.
anEngineer
Riptide

Regarding Ona Embo, Coach Hunter made it very clear during the situation with Caleb Daniels, "I don't have anything to say about anybody who doesn't want to be here."
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:32 am Regarding Ona Embo, Coach Hunter made it very clear during the situation with Caleb Daniels, "I don't have anything to say about anybody who doesn't want to be here."
And what a great way to handle it. He says some things in interviews that make me cringe. This way he simply says nothing other than the player doesn't want to be here and lets it go. It avoids creating a controversy or saying something negative about the young man leaving the program.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:49 am
anEngineer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:32 am Regarding Ona Embo, Coach Hunter made it very clear during the situation with Caleb Daniels, "I don't have anything to say about anybody who doesn't want to be here."
And what a great way to handle it. He says some things in interviews that make me cringe. This way he simply says nothing other than the player doesn't want to be here and lets it go. It avoids creating a controversy or saying something negative about the young man leaving the program.
I agree. with the way he handled the situation.. now, is there some frustrated underclassmen on campus who wants a shot as a walk on
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !