SMU Whips the Wave 37-20

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Oh my god, McClesky was probably surprised the ball was thrown to him.

sader24
Tsunami

Well coached teams don’t make these stupid mistakes and miss passes, etc.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pathetic performance in the first half. We look like it’s the first game of the regular season rather than the last one.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
wave97
Swell

After 4 years this team is basically talentless. We have one assistant coach who can recruit and it wouldn't surprise me if we lose him after his son leaves.
anEngineer
Riptide

What you really see is a team that is good enough to make plays and be in the game but not good enough to make the big plays that win. We just don't have enough good players yet and a shaky QB. SMU bought this team. We need more players and a quality QB.
Jaxwave
Swell

Like to see what Hall could do with a good OL and QB.
Jaxwave
Swell

What a choke by mcLuskey.
wave97
Swell

We run the triple option (said with a smirk!).
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I’d like to see a team, talented or not, that can stop committing stupid penalties and basic mistakes— catch a pass, catch a punt, throw the ball away rather than taking a sack. Basic stuff—coaching stuff.
wave97
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:38 pm What you really see is a team that is good enough to make plays and be in the game but not good enough to make the big plays that win. We just don't have enough good players yet and a shaky QB. SMU bought this team. We need more players and a quality QB.
But we've been running the triple option for the last 4 years, didn't you know?
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:43 pm I’d like to see a team, talented or not, that can stop committing stupid penalties and basic mistakes— catch a pass, catch a punt, throw the ball away rather than taking a sack. Basic stuff—coaching stuff.
Yeah, it's a bad coaching staff that's the problem. We should fire Coach Fritz. He's a loser.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:36 pm After 4 years this team is basically talentless. We have one assistant coach who can recruit and it wouldn't surprise me if we lose him after his son leaves.
The talent level is WAY above where it was 4 years ago. We just don't know how to win. And we need a decent QB. McM was an upgrade over Banks, but he's not even average.

I THINK we had 6 possessions, 5 of which went into the SMU redzone. And put 10 points on the board in the first half.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

Just realized Ryan Leaf is doing this game for ESPN. Good to see that he has his life together.
greenie78
Riptide

Fuck you Will Hall calling play-action on 3rd and short.
greenie78
Riptide

And that said, Hall isn’t the problem. But I hated that call.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yeah, he is.

Where's Bradwell?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
oliveandblue
Surge

The team is built to smash the ball on the ground. Hall's offense doesn't fit the talent on hand.
JerseyWave
Riptide

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm Fuck you Will Hall calling play-action on 3rd and short.
The offense actually looks worse than last season under Ruse. Not sure what the statistics show.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This why they say stats are for losers- we out gained them 252-172 and had possession time of 21 minutes in the first half.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

The difference so far has been a blocked FG, as muffed punt a QB fumble, a dropped TD pass, aa couple of holding calls. All individual mistakes. We just need a few better players and a better QB. I don't like this either but its NOT coaching.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:43 pm I’d like to see a team, talented or not, that can stop committing stupid penalties and basic mistakes— catch a pass, catch a punt, throw the ball away rather than taking a sack. Basic stuff—coaching stuff.
Yeah, it's a bad coaching staff that's the problem. We should fire Coach Fritz. He's a loser.
You said it, not me. We have vastly more talent than we have had in over a decade. We just aren’t disciplined enough to execute consistently. We may have reached our peak with this staff. We clearly aren’t getting the most out of the talent we have. We dominate the stats, dominate the play in the field, but because of basic mistakes were down by 11–as usual. There is a motivation problem.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:58 pm The difference so far has been a blocked FG, as muffed punt a QB fumble, a dropped TD pass, aa couple of holding calls. All individual mistakes. We just need a few better players and a better QB. I don't like this either but its NOT coaching.
It is coaching. The same guy that has already muffed numerous punts this season drops another—- why was he even out there? Very questionable play calling all season, is coaching. You must be on the staff, or a relative of the staff.
JerseyWave
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:02 pm
anEngineer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:58 pm The difference so far has been a blocked FG, as muffed punt a QB fumble, a dropped TD pass, aa couple of holding calls. All individual mistakes. We just need a few better players and a better QB. I don't like this either but its NOT coaching.
It is coaching. The same guy that has already muffed

numerous punts this season drops another—- why was he even out there? Very questionable play calling all season, is coaching. You must be on the staff, or a relative of the staff.
And he’s still using the same guy on punt returns!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The silver lining so far today is that our DBs have played much better than I would have expected. Kudos to the Island Boys.
anEngineer
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:05 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:02 pm
It is coaching. The same guy that has already muffed

numerous punts this season drops another—- why was he even out there? Very questionable play calling all season, is coaching. You must be on the staff, or a relative of the staff.
And he’s still using the same guy on punt returns!
OK. You guys lead the charge to fire Coach Fritz.