UW vs Tulane in Shanghai to Start next season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Getting killed on Twitter about this. I don’t like this move by TD. I also would have preferred we wait a season until we weren’t absolute garbage. Now when everyone talks about this (and it may be a national story) they don’t naturally mention how awful we are (what did we finish at 250 net ?). I also wouldn’t be surprised if our students create a shit storm about this over the human rights issues.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:26 pm I also wouldn’t be surprised if our students create a shit storm about this over the human rights issues.
Agreed. I'm confident that since Zhang's parents are so well connected in international bball, they figured into this decision. I was a supporter of last year's trip to Spain although it didn't do anything for our record or our recruiting.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LeBron excited 😜
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I was extremely anti lebron (and other nba stars) for their hypocrisy on civil rights matters. For the ncaa to come along and try the same thing is mind boggling.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

BFD.

I don't care if they go or not, just win games in the USofA!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:37 pm I was extremely anti lebron (and other nba stars) for their hypocrisy on civil rights matters. For the ncaa to come along and try the same thing is mind boggling.
Yep
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

I don’t agree with this at all either.
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:48 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:37 pm I was extremely anti lebron (and other nba stars) for their hypocrisy on civil rights matters. For the ncaa to come along and try the same thing is mind boggling.
Yep
I'm with you guys.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

A waste of time and money (unless the People’s Republic foots the bill). And if they are going because of Zhang, that’s really mind boggling.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:11 pm A waste of time and money (unless the People’s Republic foots the bill). And if they are going because of Zhang, that’s really mind boggling.
Absolutely. Maybe Nike is paying for this because I sure hope Tulane isn’t.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I can’t imagine Tulane having to pay the expenses for this trip nor should we go over there just to play one game. Maybe there will be an exhibition game against a Chinese team in addition to the game against Washington. It’s a nice gift to Zhang and his family. Hopefully he has a breakout season this year.
Bigschtick
Riptide

phpBB [video]
I am with you on this. China is the enemy.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Don't care for this at all. TD was tone deaf on this one. As for Zhang it's a joke if it's being done for him in any way. He'll likely be on the bench before this season is over and better be by next year.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I’m guessing this was the announcement that was hinted at last week.

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
greenie78
Riptide

Should have told the commies, thanks but no thanks.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:48 am Should have told the commies, thanks but no thanks.
A huge plus one from me.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Shocking a Liberal Arts school like Tulane would support human rights abuses such as disappearances, torture, poor prison conditions, arbitrary arrest, detention, denial of fair public trial, denial of freedom of speech, freedom of press and Internet freedoms. I probably left out a few others but that’s off the top of my head.
Just bizarre. The Tulane students love to protest and complain. Let’s see what they do here. Don’t protest this game and they are typical hypocrites IMO.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:30 pm Shocking a Liberal Arts school like Tulane would support human rights abuses such as disappearances, torture, poor prison conditions, arbitrary arrest, detention, denial of fair public trial, denial of freedom of speech, freedom of press and Internet freedoms. I probably left out a few others but that’s off the top of my head.
Just bizarre. The Tulane students love to protest and complain. Let’s see what they do here. Don’t protest this game and they are typical hypocrites IMO.
Not really. Tulane has strong relationships with China. I honestly don’t understand why it’s such a big deal now when China has been a major influence in the US for a long time, as no one really cared before the NBA situation.
Show Me
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:58 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:30 pm Shocking a Liberal Arts school like Tulane would support human rights abuses such as disappearances, torture, poor prison conditions, arbitrary arrest, detention, denial of fair public trial, denial of freedom of speech, freedom of press and Internet freedoms. I probably left out a few others but that’s off the top of my head.
Not really. Tulane has strong relationships with China. I honestly don’t understand why it’s such a big deal now when China has been a major influence in the US for a long time, as no one really cared before the NBA situation.
You kidding right?
All about Equal rights and Diversity Tulane?
Communist China.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:03 pm
You kidding right?
Communist China.
No. Like the general society at large, institutions can be hypocrites. High profile (and expensive) private colleges in the US love Chinese students since those colleges recruit the children of wealthy Chinese families that happily pay full price for degrees from prestigious US institutions.

Tulane’s MPH program just added a summer in China program. Around 2/3s of Tulane international enrollment is from China. Tulane has several study abroad programs that involve China. Tulane’s MPH program has dual degree programs with 3 Chinese universities.

The list is endless.
Show Me
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:57 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:03 pm
You kidding right?
Communist China.
No. Like the general society at large, institutions can be hypocrites. High profile (and expensive) private colleges in the US love Chinese students since those colleges recruit the children of wealthy Chinese families that happily pay full price for degrees from prestigious US institutions.

Tulane’s MPH program just added a summer in China program. Around 2/3s of Tulane international enrollment is from China. Tulane has several study abroad programs that involve China. Tulane’s MPH program has dual degree programs with 3 Chinese universities.

The list is endless.
Yea. Total hypocrisy. Embarrassing.
Meanwhile those students are forbidden from accessing Facebook and other social media.
Ruski
Swell

First of all, fuck china.

Second of all, Mike Hopkins seems to be a real good coach over there at UW. Good chance they are ranked going into this game. Our OOC in basketball has been absolutely horrendous. At least we have a chance at a good win without being a true visiting team.
Show Me
Tsunami

Ruski wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:00 am First of all, fuck china.

Second of all, Mike Hopkins seems to be a real good coach over there at UW. Good chance they are ranked going into this game. Our OOC in basketball has been absolutely horrendous. At least we have a chance at a good win without being a true visiting team.
Students and teen protestors now being raped and molested.
galvezwave
Swell

Not that this is the place for it because it’s all dumb bullshit, but the students love China because Trump doesn’t . Who cares . Let Them Play basketball and see the world.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 am Not that this is the place for it because it’s all dumb bullshit, but the students love China because Trump doesn’t . Who cares . Let Them Play basketball and see the world.
the Players will see what China wants them to see and nothing more...there was a time that Americans went to China and fought for them against Japan, this was prior to Pearl Harbor, if not for Americans, China would be Japan West...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !