Post game interviews

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Does anyone have any links or synopsis from postgame coach interviews ? I sure could use a pep talk. Also why can’t we ever find the radio show or media teleconference ? Anyway I would love to hear the coaches and I’m sure many of you would as well.

Roll wave

wave97
Swell

What's the point when our coaching staff has no other explanation than "our players got beat frequently & at most positions"
You don't hear any mea culpa's coming from the staff because it wasn't their fault.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:11 pm What's the point when our coaching staff has no other explanation than "our players got beat frequently & at most positions"
You don't hear any mea culpa's coming from the staff because it wasn't their fault.
I'm curious. Why are the coaches off the hook for the team playing like crap? Enlighten me, please. Play calling sucked. Team looked totally unprepared. So please help me out and tell me why the coaches had no hand in this horrible display on national TV.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually WF said they did do a poor job of coaching. It was especially bad on the defensive side of the ball where we went from getting 7 sacks against them to getting none. Our coaches said all week that Norvell didn't like to change things. They were wrong and we paid the price.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

Gee whiz. I am curious. WTF game were you watching?
We were physically dominated. Our leading tacklers were the safeties. Our DB's were being dragged down the field by Memphis' WR & RB"s for five additional yards.
WTF did Norvell change? Memphis runs the same scheme that we do. His "change" was unleashing years of better recruiting..
We have come a long way as a program but it has been a steady deliberate build.. Memphis showed what a Tulane team could be with a year or two of top rate recruiting classes.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:45 pm
wave97 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:11 pm What's the point when our coaching staff has no other explanation than "our players got beat frequently & at most positions"
I'm curious. Why are the coaches off the hook for the team playing like crap? Enlighten me, please. Play calling sucked. Team looked totally unprepared. So please help me out and tell me why the coaches had no hand in this horrible display on national TV.
In fairness to the coaching staff, not having Bradwell, then losing Dauphine early had to hinder what they wanted to do, especially with the limits of McMillen's passing accuracy. On the Memphis side, White was dead on for most of the night and his receivers brought everything in. I am not excusing the coaches (they admitted errors in judgment), but walking into the situation at Memphis was a tall order. They are a very talented team that was embarrassed the week before. Very few would have expected us to win at Memphis when the season started. Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati, and UCF all have more talent than we do... for now. If we take care of Navy and get to 6-2, things will start looking brighter again. It's another test for this program to overcome occasional ugly losses like Memphis just did.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'll take Fritz' word for the staff's shortcomings . Where was that huge talent difference last year when we played?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:50 am I'll take Fritz' word for the staff's shortcomings . Where was that huge talent difference last year when we played?
No one said "huge" except you. Always looking to start a fight with someone online. Last year we were at home, had a full stable of RB's and Memphis was playing a right tackle who could not block anyone. It led to several sacks and a safety. If you don't think Memphis has more talent, you are entitled to your opinion... until someone else says Memphis has less talent, then you can start an argument with them.

As always, you can have the last word/attack. I will not engage you any further on this.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:50 am I'll take Fritz' word for the staff's shortcomings . Where was that huge talent difference last year when we played?
Last year Memphis showed up for tea & crumpets at a sparsely attended high school stadium. We served them up. As our program continues to develop that won't happen again.
Coach speak 101....
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:08 am
No one said "huge" except you. Always looking to start a fight with someone online. Last year we were at home, had a full stable of RB's and Memphis was playing a right tackle who could not block anyone. It led to several sacks and a safety. If you don't think Memphis has more talent, you are entitled to your opinion... until someone else says Memphis has less talent, then you can start an argument with them.

As always, you can have the last word/attack. I will not engage you any further on this.
I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to 97. I know that won't change that false narrative of yours.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 am
Last year Memphis showed up for tea & crumpets at a sparsely attended high school stadium. We served them up. As our program continues to develop that won't happen again.
Coach speak 101....
Fritz has always had one clunker. It's the big fault in his every game is the same mantra. Everyone knew Memphis was going to be on fire due to last years ass whipping and their frustration with that ending in the Temple game. He didn't see fit to have us up for that. The signs were obvious but he ignored them to our peril.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

To Quote Mike on Saturday's performance..."Soft, Fat, Dumb, Happy and Entitled" .....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !