Navy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 2:30 and will be on CBSSN. Let's bounce back.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Navy favored by 3.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hornetswave
Low Tide

roll wave
squilz
Low Tide

Must win this week. If so, I'd say we could still scratch out 7, maybe 8 wins. If not, I'd guarantee Tulsa is our only shot at becoming bowl eligible, and quite a rude awakening from the early season hype.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Navy is excellent. I had this circled from the start of the season. I bet on them to start the season to bounce back. This is a 50/50 game. Even if we beat Memphis this was 50/50. This is a well coached (Academy) team that We play on the road. Our schedule has every big game on the road outside of UCF. It’s going to be a battle. If we finish 3-2 that’s a good year. Anything better is magical
Eaglewave
Swell

Although some of you have allowed that Memphis beating change your mind about how good we actually are, we are still a very dangerous team. Those of us that have seen every game know that we didn’t play like we have been playing all year on last Saturday. We weren’t healthy and ran into a team that should be undefeated and in the top 20. Navy is a very well coaches football team and will be hell to beat. Especially if we are not healthy again. Our guys need to kick their wounds and fight for 4 quarters in order to win this one. I expect a very physical game.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 am Although some of you have allowed that Memphis beating change your mind about how good we actually are, we are still a very dangerous team. Those of us that have seen every game know that we didn’t play like we have been playing all year on last Saturday. We weren’t healthy and ran into a team that should be undefeated and in the top 20. Navy is a very well coaches football team and will be hell to beat. Especially if we are not healthy again. Our guys need to kick their wounds and fight for 4 quarters in order to win this one. I expect a very physical game.
Every team on our schedule from here on out, including Tulsa, is capable of beating the Wave. I expect us to play better than we did in Memphis, but if we don't we've won our last game. We were terrible in Memphis and we know we can play better. I still think we have a shot at blowing a good team away if we play close to our best possible game, which we have yet to see. I'd love to see us play better and better and peak at SMU. If that were to happen, we could win 3 or 4 of our last 5 games. Heck if we improve week to week and peak against UCF and stayed there we could run the table, but I think that's highly unlikely. We're still not there consistently on offense, and we don't have a QB that approaches middle of the pack FBS talent. He shows flashes, but is extremely inconsistent, and his lack of playing time over 5 years shows.

This is gut-check time for this team and coaching staff. We need to rebound in a big way. And I'm very happy Coach Curtis is our D-coordinator, as he has a good approach to the option. Our previous staff couldn't stop it, and had linemen chasing the guy the ball was pitched to rather than making the pitch man pay the price. That's total insanity, as D linemen are never going to catch up to a running back. You have to deliver pain to the pitch man.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Always bashing LW . As has already been established in an earlier thread he made changes after a few beat downs that made a difference. Just like you calling him the Pointer sisters even though he was one of best if not all time best DB.’s we have ever had. What a joke.
oliveandblue
Surge

I think at 5-1 people were overselling this team. At 5-2, I think the opposite is taking place.

They look like a 7 or 8 win team. The AAC West has 2 top 25 teams in it and 4 RV.

I don't see this team not showing up twice in a row. Note: Memphis burned us by passing. Tulane looked solid against Army.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Agree. WF's teams have been known to have one outlier type game. Good bet we bounce back this week. We'll see soon enough.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We’ll bounce back. I was furious Saturday, but after a few days cooler heads have prevailed. The west is still in play. We can still beat any team left on our schedule, and lose to any team as well. It would be amazing to go into the UCF game with only the two losses, but navy will be very tough.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bradwell and Dauphine might be back:

https://www.nola.com/sports/article_a40 ... 28c82.html
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:39 pm We’ll bounce back. I was furious Saturday, but after a few days cooler heads have prevailed. The west is still in play. We can still beat any team left on our schedule, and lose to any team as well. It would be amazing to go into the UCF game with only the two losses, but navy will be very tough.
I couldn't agree more. That Memphis game was so piss poor that it lingered a couple of days. We have the ability and talent to be a much better football team than we showed this past Saturday.

I was listening to ESPNU radio on Sirius yesterday. They were talking about how ridiculous it was to have Michigan as hyped up pre-season when the Wolverines were with a new OC putting in a new offense. Brady Quinn and (I believe Tulane Alum) Bruce Murray talked about how it takes at least a season for the new OC to know his personnel and play to their strengths, and equally as long for the players to adjust to a new system.

We have the ability to have a dynamic offense but haven't seen it clicking as well as it can to date. If and when we play our best ball, some good team is going to get beaten up.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I honestly have no idea what to expect this Saturday. I don’t think there will be any in between. We are either going to be on top of the world... or feel like the season is over. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 pm Bradwell and Dauphine might be back:

https://www.nola.com/sports/article_a40 ... 28c82.html
I am hoping they can tackle, and defend the pass, if one is ever thrown
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:16 pm
Nice they are hosting this. I’m thinking about attending but not sure. If you haven’t been the upstairs outside deck at NOLA is outstanding. Attended an after wedding party there recently.
Not sure though where the viewing will be.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Beating Navy the only way to recover:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... ee9ca.html
Eaglewave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:45 am
Eaglewave wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 am Although some of you have allowed that Memphis beating change your mind about how good we actually are, we are still a very dangerous team. Those of us that have seen every game know that we didn’t play like we have been playing all year on last Saturday. We weren’t healthy and ran into a team that should be undefeated and in the top 20. Navy is a very well coaches football team and will be hell to beat. Especially if we are not healthy again. Our guys need to kick their wounds and fight for 4 quarters in order to win this one. I expect a very physical game.
Every team on our schedule from here on out, including Tulsa, is capable of beating the Wave. I expect us to play better than we did in Memphis, but if we don't we've won our last game. We were terrible in Memphis and we know we can play better. I still think we have a shot at blowing a good team away if we play close to our best possible game, which we have yet to see. I'd love to see us play better and better and peak at SMU. If that were to happen, we could win 3 or 4 of our last 5 games. Heck if we improve week to week and peak against UCF and stayed there we could run the table, but I think that's highly unlikely. We're still not there consistently on offense, and we don't have a QB that approaches middle of the pack FBS talent. He shows flashes, but is extremely inconsistent, and his lack of playing time over 5 years shows.

This is gut-check time for this team and coaching staff. We need to rebound in a big way. And I'm very happy Coach Curtis is our D-coordinator, as he has a good approach to the option. Our previous staff couldn't stop it, and had linemen chasing the guy the ball was pitched to rather than making the pitch man pay the price. That's total insanity, as D linemen are never going to catch up to a running back. You have to deliver pain to the pitch man.
I here ya, but I can’t blame the previous failure on Washington due to the “co-coordinator” card he was given to play from CJ. Our best moments in the CJ era came from our secondary. I wish LW was coaching our DB’s.

I agree that it is gut check time. I believe we can beat Navy if we are healthy. McMillian is a running QB, but he continues to show flashes of an “ok” passer. We never see him with back to back weak games. I expect him to look good vs Navy. This might be a very tough game win.
Ball Sumrall!