Memphis Dominates Tulane 47-17

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 pm Any word on Dauphine?
I saw his wrist from about 18 rows up and it looked like a golf ball on his hinge.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:45 pm Well fellas, I am headed back to the hotel. We really took it on the chin tonight, but having a great season is far from over.

Some of you are bashing a little too hard to say we are going to be 5-2 after tonight. We are not what we use to be. Tonight, Memphis and their wild fans came out with a chip on their shoulders from last week’s horrible call, and we weren’t all that healthy as well. It happens. Yes, I am pissed at tonight’s cowardly performance by some of our defensive players and coordinator, but we many problems can be fixed. Oh well. We need to try again next week. We looked like the old Green Wave tonight.

Bullshit, I’m in Chicago. I was at an LSU bar and all day I had LSU fans telling me how good they though Tulane was. Then we got blown out. It’s embarrassing.
TURVS71
Swell

I’m sorry but this is unacceptable at this point in Fritz’s tenure. Not going to say we just had a bad game, we had an embarrassing game.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
greenphantom
Swell

TURVS71 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:55 pm I’m sorry but this is unacceptable at this point in Fritz’s tenure. Not going to say we just had a bad game, we had an embarrassing game.
+1. Terrible
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:45 pm
Wavetime wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 pm Any word on Dauphine?
I saw his wrist from about 18 rows up and it looked like a golf ball on his hinge.
That’s what it looked like on replay. It kind of flopped around.
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:07 pm The guy was right on him.
If right on him means a half step behind Mooney who was in full stride just a few yards from the end zone.
Eaglewave
Swell

sader24 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:46 pm
Eaglewave wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:45 pm Well fellas, I am headed back to the hotel. We really took it on the chin tonight, but having a great season is far from over.

Some of you are bashing a little too hard to say we are going to be 5-2 after tonight. We are not what we use to be. Tonight, Memphis and their wild fans came out with a chip on their shoulders from last week’s horrible call, and we weren’t all that healthy as well. It happens. Yes, I am pissed at tonight’s cowardly performance by some of our defensive players and coordinator, but we many problems can be fixed. Oh well. We need to try again next week. We looked like the old Green Wave tonight.

Bullshit, I’m in Chicago. I was at an LSU bar and all day I had LSU fans telling me how good they though Tulane was. Then we got blown out. It’s embarrassing.
Pluck your LSU fans! Yes, we got smacked today, but the F’n season isn’t over and we are 5-2. You can’t possibly believe that we are the same ole Tulane at this point. It was an embarrassing loss, but the season isn’t over.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:07 pm
If right on him means a half step behind Mooney who was in full stride just a few yards from the end zone.
You already admitted you were wrong to say it was a sure TD. You were right when you said that.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Sadly, tonight we looked like we did against Houston in 2018. McMillan was 15/28, 187 yards, 1 touchdown & 3 intersections. Memphis passed for 358 yards. :roll: We bounced back after last year’s humiliation to Houston; we will have to do it again after tonight. And, goodbye top 25.
I agree. I wouldn’t count us out just yet. We still have some tough games that we can pull out a quality win or two in. Hopefully, we can get healthy soon.
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

I told y’all in the beginning of the year that they only teams that can possibly beat us are top 3 conference teams. Memphis is a good team and should be 7-0 right now. They are a top 25 program and have a win over a SEC program.
Ball Sumrall!
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:19 pm
greenphantom wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:07 pm
You already admitted you were wrong to say it was a sure TD. You were right when you said that.
I said you may be right because nothing is absolute and I didn’t feel like arguing over a moot point. We’ll never actually know since he dropped it. I still think more likely than not he gets in but sure, there’s a chance the DB makes a good tackle from behind.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He was close enough that I don't think it would have taken much effort.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
squilz
Low Tide

this was not the same tulane that showed up at Auburn. Not even the same team that we saw against UCONN. Regression, plain and simple. Why? I don't know. If we keep playing like this, 7-5 is being optimistic. I'm not even saying we beat them if we played to our proven ability, but we've seen what they can do, and this wasn't it.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Just an awful performance. We just didn’t look that ready to play. Our defense was spectacularly bad in all phases. We made Brady White look like Joe Montana. Memphis dominated the trenches. McM will never be a consistently accurate passer—what could be if we had an accurate passer like Brady White or SMU’s Buschel. Speaking of Buschel, his arm may fall off from completing passes against our defense.. Do we get our sixth win against Navy or Tulsa?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Team was reading way too many of their "Press Clippings"....... road again next week, against Navy...time to start over, and try to be 1-0....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

To those who obsessed about rankings and started this nonsense about who will be the next coach
and OC, I say :" Get Over It". Now that we are playing some good programs, I see two wins if we are lucky maybe just one. Hope I am wrong but this game proved we simply do not have the athletes we need in this conference.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

What could go wrong went wrong. Memphis was on a mission after last weeks loss. I’m more concerned about all the injuries we sustained yesterday. It seemed like we lost someone on every series. Navy is also physical (dirty at times). Hopefully we regroup and bounce back. The schedule is brutal going forward. We’ll probably be underdogs in every game but Tulsa.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If we don't play a whole lot better, we won't win another game. It's not that we lost, it's how poorly we played. Our D couldn't get off the field (and yes, there were some phantom calls, but they didn't determine the outcome of this game.)

We showed that if we go out and play poorly, we not only look bad, we look pathetic. We need to bounce back on the road, and Navy is going to be a challenge to do so.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
TURVS71
Swell

Still just as irritated this morning with this team as I was last night.......
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Hornetswave
Low Tide

i am depress this morning in a matter of one game i feel like the season is over,

roll wave
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Hornetswave wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 am i am depress this morning in a matter of one game i feel like the season is over,

roll wave
Cheer up Hornet, the season isn’t over yet—but last night could be the start of a slippery slope. Let’s hope not.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

Words to soothe the troubled football soul:
  • Last year we were 2-5 and yet finished the season as co-champions of the west. Everyone wanted to run the Fritz staff out of town. This year we are 5-2 and 2-1 in the AAC.
  • Last year we lost at Houston 48-17 yet were able to regroup and defeat Navy the following week. This year we lose to Memphis 47-17 and once more play Navy the following week.
All things remain possible. You were teasing yourself if you thought we would run the table against our remaining schedule. You were hopelessly optimisic to think this was an 11-1 season. Remember, Tulane has a long and storied history of soiling the bed once or twice each season. We are also capable of defeating a team we shouldn't. This is all a process. Step back from the ledge.
NOLA Fan
Ripple

Pluck your LSU fans! Yes, we got smacked today, but the F’n season isn’t over and we are 5-2. You can’t possibly believe that we are the same ole Tulane at this point. It was an embarrassing loss, but the season isn’t over.

From an above quote: Wait, the LSU fans are giving your team a compliment & you come up w/"Pluck your LSU fans!". Class...........real class.

LISTEN UP: THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S TULANE FOOTBALL TEAM. GROW UP.

The season is not over. Not too high, not too low. Wait until after the bowl win & then talk about "what if".
Aberzombie1892
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:47 am Words to soothe the troubled football soul:
  • Last year we were 2-5 and yet finished the season as co-champions of the west. Everyone wanted to run the Fritz staff out of town. This year we are 5-2 and 2-1 in the AAC.
  • Last year we lost at Houston 48-17 yet were able to regroup and defeat Navy the following week. This year we lose to Memphis 47-17 and once more play Navy the following week.
All things remain possible. You were teasing yourself if you thought we would run the table against our remaining schedule. You were hopelessly optimisic to think this was an 11-1 season. Remember, Tulane has a long and storied history of soiling the bed once or twice each season. We are also capable of defeating a team we shouldn't. This is all a process. Step back from the ledge.
This to a certain extent. Tulane not losing to any non-bowl teams this season would still be a step in the right direction, and, with Tulsa still on the schedule, bowl eligibility is virtually assured which would mean back to back bowl appearances - another step in the right direction. At this point, Tulane is essentially a Tier 2 G5 team (i..e not a Tier 1 like Cincinnati, Temple, UCF SMU, Memphis, Boise, etc., but the next group after), and even that is an upgrade over the last 20+ years.

The primary concern is how this loss, and the potentially for the remaining losses would impact Tulane's relative momentum in terms of branding, recruiting, etc.
wave97
Swell

We got curb stomped. so what?
Our vaunted defense didn't play well.
Our smurf db's took a beating on every play.
Memphis had large fast bodies downfield. Our secondary looked like high school.
No pressure from the front - none. The "skilled" pass rushers were physically over matched and our interior guys were rendered neutral by their immobility. Where was De Andre Williams? Is he injured? Was I watching another game?
I thought the LB's played well as a group.
We were physically and ultimately athletically outmatched on both sides of the ball.
There's work to do. We were out played, not out coached..
You can't "develop" size & speed that only comes from being successful in living rooms.