Who's next if we lose WF and Hall

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

If Hall is gone is it time for Shaun King at OC??

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:43 am If Hall is gone is it time for Shaun King at OC??
King is on the radar to be the next HC at USF along with Willie Taggart and Jim Leavitt
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Will Hall in the mix for Ole Miss job.
Feldman: Identifying the candidates to be the next Ole Miss head coach https://theathletic.com/1424788/2019/12 ... ed-article
Tulane offensive coordinator Will Hall, 39, knows the state of Mississippi as well as any coach in football. His father Bobby is a Mississippi coaching legend. Will Hall won the 2003 Harlon Hill Trophy honoring the nation’s best Division II player. The younger Hall got promoted to be the head coach at West Alabama in 2011 and won two league titles and twice went to the NCAA Division II playoffs in his three seasons running the program. Then, in a three-year head coaching stint at West Georgia, he led the Wolves to a 31-9 record, their first Gulf South Conference (GSC) title since 2000 and a pair of NCAA Division II semifinal appearances. Since then he’s been the offensive coordinator at Louisiana Lafayette and then Memphis working for Mike Norvell. This season he joined Willie Fritz at Tulane, where he leads the nation’s No. 24 offense — up from No. 70 last year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
CatchtheWave
Trickle

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:20 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:33 am All you have to do is look at the difference in SMU when they added Shane Buechele to Sonny Dykes' offense. From 5-7 to 10-2. Its not the offensive scheme, its the players. The players we currently have weren't recruited to this scheme, except for the true freshmen like Tyjae Spears.
This. So many missed opportunities with wide open players that he couldn't hit. Our offensive numbers jumped quite a bit because of the system and with a quality QB would have jumped through the roof. We'll see what Howard has.
Has Daniels been written off?
Bigschtick
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:31 am Will Hall in the mix for Ole Miss job.
Feldman: Identifying the candidates to be the next Ole Miss head coach https://theathletic.com/1424788/2019/12 ... ed-article
Tulane offensive coordinator Will Hall, 39, knows the state of Mississippi as well as any coach in football. His father Bobby is a Mississippi coaching legend. Will Hall won the 2003 Harlon Hill Trophy honoring the nation’s best Division II player. The younger Hall got promoted to be the head coach at West Alabama in 2011 and won two league titles and twice went to the NCAA Division II playoffs in his three seasons running the program. Then, in a three-year head coaching stint at West Georgia, he led the Wolves to a 31-9 record, their first Gulf South Conference (GSC) title since 2000 and a pair of NCAA Division II semifinal appearances. Since then he’s been the offensive coordinator at Louisiana Lafayette and then Memphis working for Mike Norvell. This season he joined Willie Fritz at Tulane, where he leads the nation’s No. 24 offense — up from No. 70 last year.
No way is he head coach material at an SEC school. I have no problem with him leaving. Bring in Frank Wilson. .
Last edited by Bigschtick on Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:56 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:31 am Will Hall in the mix for Ole Miss job.
No way is he head coach material at an SEC school. I have no problem with him leaving. We don't one and own types.
Here’s my take:
Ole Miss going to hire Memphis HC Mike Novell. Novell will bring Will Hall over to be his OC. No brainer with his Mississippi connections.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 am
Bigschtick wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:56 am
No way is he head coach material at an SEC school. I have no problem with him leaving. We don't one and own types.
Here’s my take:
Ole Miss going to hire Memphis HC Mike Novell. Novell will bring Will Hall over to be his OC. No brainer with his Mississippi connections.
Norvell to Ole Miss...ya mean after the sanctions they just went thru, they are going to endure Norvell's "odor "....there is a reason he has not been getting those PEE interviews....but we will see how desperate the good people in Oxford really are...on the bright side the Urban Legend is still available
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

CatchtheWave wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:41 am
winwave wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:20 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:33 am All you have to do is look at the difference in SMU when they added Shane Buechele to Sonny Dykes' offense. From 5-7 to 10-2. Its not the offensive scheme, its the players. The players we currently have weren't recruited to this scheme, except for the true freshmen like Tyjae Spears.
This. So many missed opportunities with wide open players that he couldn't hit. Our offensive numbers jumped quite a bit because of the system and with a quality QB would have jumped through the roof. We'll see what Howard has.
Has Daniels been written off?
It appears so. He could be moved to WR after the spring.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Billy Napier to Ole Miss and Will Hall taking his place at ULaLa?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:25 am Billy Napier to Ole Miss and Will Hall taking his place at ULaLa?
a name that has not appeared in many papers, but has been mentioned "off the record' ...Steve Sarkisian
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:09 am
GreenLantern wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:25 am Billy Napier to Ole Miss and Will Hall taking his place at ULaLa?
a name that has not appreaded in many papers, but has been mentioned "off the record' ...Steve Sarkisian
I can see Napier to Ole Miss, but to date Hall has proven nothing but a “trick play” against Houston. So, I think Hall stays. And, let’s see how Napier does against Appy St. for the “Mighty ‘Belt” championship game on Saturday @ Boone, N.C.; the only “real teams” ULALA has played this season are Miss. St. and Appy St., and they lost to both.🤷🏻‍♂️
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:36 am I can see Napier to Ole Miss, but to date Hall has proven nothing but a “trick play” against Houston. So, I think Hall stays. And, let’s see how Napier does against Appy St. for the “Mighty ‘Belt” championship game on Saturday @ Boone, N.C.; the only “real teams” ULALA has played this season are Miss. St. and Appy St., and they lost to both.🤷🏻‍♂️
As much as I don't think Hall has done enough to warrant a jump to a HC job or a $ million OC position at a P5, he's done a whole lot. Unfortunately, the offense didn't mature during the year, but it was still 27th or so in the country, picked up about 100 yards more/game and scored about 8 points more than the previous year. This offense teased us in the first half of the season, but we didn't have new wrinkles and twists to keep opponents from knowing what's coming the second half of the year.

Appalachian State should beat up on U-La-La. That being said, Napier is a very good coach.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

Ruski wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:43 am If Hall is gone is it time for Shaun King at OC??
+ 1 for us at TU but hard to turn down a HC offer at USF if it comes through for him.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

swampnik wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:09 pm
+ 1 for us at TU but hard to turn down a HC offer at USF if it comes through for him.
Given the extent of the Charlie Strong disaster, it's hard to imagine USF considering anybody on the current staff.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

University of Washington now looking for a new head coach.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm University of Washington now looking for a new head coach.
not looking for a coach, DC Jim Lake has been named the new HC
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... head-coach
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:21 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm University of Washington now looking for a new head coach.
not lookingfor a coach, DC Jim Lake has been named the new HC
Any thoughts on why Petersen resigned? Health issues? Better coaching offer? TV? Burnout?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Is Lake permanent? or interim?
greenie78
Riptide

According to college football insider Bruce Feldman, Fritz’s name is being thrown around a lot.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:23 pm
Is Lake permanent? or interim?
Petersen will coach the bowl game, he needs the "swag bag"...Lake is the next HC
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I agree with CT, I know we’re mad at Hall for the offense not continuing to progress (and hall himself saying he didn’t get Mcclesky and Mooney the ball enough), but our offense jumped 70+ spots to #25 in the country. This will get Hall significant interest.

Ruse under performing and McMillan being erratic is why that offense wasn’t top 20 and why we aren’t 10-2.
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:16 pm
Given the extent of the Charlie Strong disaster, it's hard to imagine USF considering anybody on the current staff.
Running backs coach Shaun King? ;) :P :D
Jaxwave
Swell

IMHO, Fritz and/or Hall would be crazy to not consider other higher level jobs if offered. With no QB ready to step in, the losses at WR and the weak OL, I’m not real confident we can avoid a step backward next year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:21 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:16 pm
Running backs coach Shaun King? ;) :P :D
From what I've read, Shaun didn't want to work at Tulane because he wanted to stay close to home. I'm a big Shaun King fan, still have a Tulane AND Buccaneers SK jersey. But I don't think he's ready to be a HC, he's only been a position coach for a few years.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

Willie Fritz will be the Tulane head coach next year.