Who's next if we lose WF and Hall

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The semantics on here are impressive. Rename the thread Coaching Carousel and be done with this bickering.

DrBox
Riptide

austxwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:27 pm If he's done such a great job that Coach Fritz has opportunities after the season, then we had a fantastic season. Isn't that what we all want?
Nope
We've had a fantastic season now and then. We want fantastic seasonSSSSSS
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Tulane fans tend to always think of the future, because that's usually all we have. Historically, the present has been a pretty miserable condition. I think were all enjoying the present now, but Tulane paranoia is deep seeded--ie, if things are going well, something is going to ruin it.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Joe Brady, the passing game coordinator at LSU, who totally revamped their offense, and is responsible for much of the success they are having this year would be a great choice. Brady reminds me of Will Hall. Having said that hopefully we sign Fritz to a long term extension.
greenphantom
Swell

https://thoughtcatalog.com/kayla-maynar ... arcissist/

#4 is spot on - “ They display a rude and arrogant attitude, especially when faced with opinions that contradict their own. This is because they truly believe their opinions and beliefs are superior to others. They are always right; therefore any contradiction of their own thoughts is clearly wrong. They operate with a “my way or the highway” attitude in conflict and decision making situations. Any opposing viewpoints will be met with rage and hostility.”
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Boy you really are obsessed. My sympathies.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

#5 - They have a constant need to “prove themselves”, especially online.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You clearly do.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

7. They will only keep people in their inner circle who constantly praise, flatter, and agree with them. The moment you confront a narcissist is the moment they will initiate a never ending smear campaign against you to anyone who will listen. They believe people should be “kept in line” to satisfy their agenda. This means you can never disagree with them on anything.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Truly sad.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Anyway....

There are reports that Rutgers has zeroed in on Mississippi State's head coach. It honestly seems as though he would be a better fit in the Big 10 than in the SEC, so that may work out.

However, that being said, it is hyper-rare for a P5 team to hire a sitting HC from another P5. For a sample size, none of the Big 12 coaches were HCs at a P5 team prior to joining the Big 12, and, in the SEC, only the HC's at Florida (from MS State), Alabama (from LSU), and Texas A&M (from FSU) were actively HC's at another P5 prior to being hired to be a HC at their current P5.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:08 pm Anyway....

There are reports that Rutgers has zeroed in on Mississippi State's head coach. It honestly seems as though he would be a better fit in the Big 10 than in the SEC, so that may work out.

However, that being said, it is hyper-rare for a P5 team to hire a sitting HC from another P5. For a sample size, none of the Big 12 coaches were HCs at a P5 team prior to joining the Big 12, and, in the SEC, only the HC's at Florida (from MS State), Alabama (from LSU), and Texas A&M (from FSU) were actively HC's at another P5 prior to being hired to be a HC at their current P5.
I think you are dead on accurate with 95% of your post, "zombie, but unless I am mistaken the current coach at Alabama was coach of the Miami Dolphins between LSU and 'Bama.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:08 pm Anyway....

After MSU's loss to Tennessee I don't think they would be too resistant to him leaving.
greenphantom
Swell

It’s amazing how far Rutgers has fallen since Schiano left. Won’t be shocked at all if they re-hire him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

True dat. It would not surprise at all if they went after him. He took them from nothing and brought them to everyone's attention. The Moorehead thing is out there but it seems like a more sure and less expensive route to go to him.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:52 pm It’s amazing how far Rutgers has fallen since Schiano left. Won’t be shocked at all if they re-hire him.
I can’t remember where, but I read that this was a strong possibility. Beyond that why would anyone want to coach at Rutgers—the Kansas of the Big 10–minus the basketball.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:52 pm Joe Brady, the passing game coordinator at LSU, who totally revamped their offense, and is responsible for much of the success they are having this year would be a great choice. Brady reminds me of Will Hall. Having said that hopefully we sign Fritz to a long term extension.
question, If a school is considering Hall for a HC position, why not PEE5 Joe Brady instead
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:54 am
Sunamiwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:52 pm Joe Brady, the passing game coordinator at LSU, who totally revamped their offense, and is responsible for much of the success they are having this year would be a great choice. Brady reminds me of Will Hall. Having said that hopefully we sign Fritz to a long term extension.
question, If a school is considering Hall for a HC position, why not PEE5 Joe Brady instead
One reason might be he's only 29. Another thing Hall has in his longer background is successful head coaching experience. Plus other then last year he has always called the plays for his teams. It's not known how much Brady is calling the plays with Ensminger there too.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Fear not !!!...Out of the misty Fog of the Bayou, will walk Coaching Gawd, Mark Hudspeth , and OC in training, Tanner Lee !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I do not think we have to worry about Fritz or Hall going anywhere. It is men vs. boys out there. Memphis is eating our lunch. McMillan threw the pass directly to the Memphis player for his second interception. and does not look good throwing the ball. Our defense is getting crushed in this game. Coach Norvell of Memphis is easily outcoaching Coaches Fritz, Hall, and Curtis of Tulane.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

That’s one way to keep the crew Together !
JerseyWave
Riptide

Which P5 school wants to hire a coach whose Passing offense is so primitive and ineffective.
Show Me
Tsunami

We can now bury this thread
greenphantom
Swell

This was one of the criticisms of Fritz by Georgia Southern fans. Good coach but consistency is an issue. Still glad we have him after Scelfo, Toledo and Clueless Johnson.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yep. He was known to have one big clunker.