2020 UCONN FB Game Status

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Cancelled?
Another team plugged in as replacement with an OOC OPPONENT designated as a "conference opponent"?
Still on as a "conference game" as when we quit the SEC?
Still on but with only seven Conference games?
Last edited by nawlinspete on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Was never scheduled.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:12 pm Was never scheduled.
Not true. Our conference games next year were to be the 5 teams in the AAC West, plus Temple home, and UCF and UConn away. AAC hasn't said yet what the status will be of the UConn game. I assume they'd have to count, because otherwise, three West teams would have 8 conf games, and everyone else would have 7.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:58 pm
Not true. Our conference games next year were to be the 5 teams in the AAC West, plus Temple home, and UCF and UConn away. AAC hasn't said yet what the status will be of the UConn game. I assume they'd have to count, because otherwise, three West teams would have 8 conf games, and everyone else would have 7.
I must have missed when the AAC announced the 2020 season's schedule. Yes, there's the rotation, but typically the next season schedule is announced after the current season. As a conference game, it was never announced, thus it was never scheduled.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Thank you , Robert . I was waiting for someone else to point out how stupid , and understanding of college football , dfromstorrs is .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:48 pm
I must have missed when the AAC announced the 2020 season's schedule. Yes, there's the rotation, but typically the next season schedule is announced after the current season. As a conference game, it was never announced, thus it was never scheduled.
Dave,
Of course they didn't list the schedule week by week. But its pretty obvious that we've got the 4 OOC games we've scheduled, plus 5 games against the AAC West and three against the AAC East, flipping every two years between ECU/Cincy/USF and Temple/UCF/UConn. I figured with this being a Tulane board, I could assume a certain amount of basic understanding without having to spell everything out.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:22 pm
Dave,
Of course they didn't list the schedule week by week. But its pretty obvious that we've got the 4 OOC games we've scheduled, plus 5 games against the AAC West and three against the AAC East, flipping every two years between ECU/Cincy/USF and Temple/UCF/UConn. I figured with this being a Tulane board, I could assume a certain amount of basic understanding without having to spell everything out.
Robert,
The rotation was well known. But the schedule for next year was never published. It's well known that UConn is leaving the conference, and also well known that to schedule UConn would be scheduling an independent. Thus the Conference would have nothing to do with scheduling that game. If TD and the UConn AD decide to play next year, that will be announced. Sorry to have to spell that out for you.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:59 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:22 pm
Dave,
Robert,
The rotation was well known. But the schedule for next year was never published. It's well known that UConn is leaving the conference, and also well known that to schedule UConn would be scheduling an independent. Thus the Conference would have nothing to do with scheduling that game. If TD and the UConn AD decide to play next year, that will be announced. Sorry to have to spell that out for you.
I understand what you're saying, Dave. But the teams you're playing in any given season are scheduled years in advance. We have games scheduled all the way out to 2027. A year ago, you didn't know UConn was leaving, so they would have been on our 2020 schedule. Now, with them leaving, none of us knows what arrangements they've made with the AAC. Its probably easier for them to keep the teams on their schedule for 2020, because its going to be almost impossible to find 8 teams with open dates when they need it. I don't know if they will, but I'm sure its all been discussed by the league. If they aren't, don't you think we'd already be looking for a replacement school?

Rather than hashing this over and over, maybe we should just ask our AD?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Save your breath Robert , he does not understand what you are saying as he is as dumb as a concrete post .
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

I believe that it's been reported that the AAC will not have football divisions in 2020. Each member will play an eight game schedule against 8 of the 11 conference teams. The NCAA has been asked to allow a championship game to be played between the two top teams. Whether or not UCONN can schedule games to replace AAC games should be their problem, not AAC's problem.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That is what the ACC has said they want. I don't think the NCAA has announced if they will allow the league to proceed in that manner and have a championship game.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:31 am That is what the ACC has said they want. I don't think the NCAA has announced if they will allow the league to proceed in that manner and have a championship game.
I proposed Legislation that reads...."F#@K the NCAA Have The Game"....Let's see if they send someone to turn off the lights...... I mean what are they gonna do, ban the AAC from the ESPN 4 team inviational ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GretnaGreen wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 am I believe that it's been reported that the AAC will not have football divisions in 2020. Each member will play an eight game schedule against 8 of the 11 conference teams. The NCAA has been asked to allow a championship game to be played between the two top teams. Whether or not UCONN can schedule games to replace AAC games should be their problem, not AAC's problem.
This is what the AAC is proposing,’and it’s a bastardized solution—a partial round robin (which I guess is an oxymoron). I hope the NCAA denies the request. Until we get a 12th member, a better solution would be to keep the separate divisions, designate the East teams’ weakest projected FBS opponent as a conference game (with a bias to any common OOC opponents that might exist), and determine the division champions only using the intra-division records.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide

The Sun Belt has 10 teams only and have a championship game. If the AAC applies for it, they’ll get it too.

I really don’t see a 12th team that would benefit the conference. I’ve passed on Buffalo as a choice.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:45 am The Sun Belt has 10 teams only and have a championship game. If the AAC applies for it, they’ll get it too.

I really don’t see a 12th team that would benefit the conference. I’ve passed on Buffalo as a choice.
But I presume that the Sunbelt has a true round robin schedule—like the Big 12.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The NCAA probably will approve the AAC request, as the NCAA has bigger concerns right now, and probably isn’t in the mood to alienate any conferences or member schools outside California.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GretnaGreen wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 am I believe that it's been reported that the AAC will not have football divisions in 2020. Each member will play an eight game schedule against 8 of the 11 conference teams. The NCAA has been asked to allow a championship game to be played between the two top teams. Whether or not UCONN can schedule games to replace AAC games should be their problem, not AAC's problem.
I think its both's problem. If UConn decides to look elsewhere for opponents, its going to be up to Tulane and those other schools affected to fill our own openings on the schedule. Or would you rather play 11 and have one less chance to get bowl eligible?
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

Each conference team would play an 8 game conference schedule. Instead of UCONN, another conference member. Along with 4 OOC games, the total is still 12.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GretnaGreen wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:48 pm Each conference team would play an 8 game conference schedule. Instead of UCONN, another conference member. Along with 4 OOC games, the total is still 12.
It's not that difficult, as GretnaGreen points out, for the AAC to simply schedule each team 8 conference games.