Line Closes ⬇️ to Memphis 2 pts. > Wave

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread opens Memphis 5.5 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 395-396 for Vegas sheet)
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

O/U 62 pts.

Memphis, 5-1,, 1-1 (AAC), “body of work” to date:

1) 8/31 – Memphis 15, Ole Miss 10;
2) 9/7 – Memphis 55, Southern B. R. 24;
3) 9/14 – Memphis 42; So. Alabama 6;
4) 9/26 – Memphis 35, Navy 23;
5) 10/5 – Memphis 52, UL-Monroe 33;
6 ) 10/12 – Temple 30, Memphis 28.

Through October 12th, Sagarin now has the Wave ranked 47, Memphis 34 (AAC: UCF 25, Cincy 27, Memphis 34, SMU 40, Tulane 47, Navy 50, Houston 66, Temple 75 & Tulsa 89) https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/ Under Sagarin’s rating system playing at home Memphis is a 4.75 pt. favorite over the Wave.

Last year at Yulman we beat Memphis 40 to 24. We rushed for 318 yards. I think we can run on this team, If we can run on Memphis like last year, we will win. Team stats to date: https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401117888 :D
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad they're favored. Just one more thing to fire up our Wave.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

I love it. Our defense will play very hungry football. We are too close from cracking the top 25 for us to fail. These kids want to see a ranking next to our name. Bring it the pain defense!
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:17 pm I love it. Our defense will play very hungry football. We are too close from cracking the top 25 for us to fail. These kids want to see a ranking next to our name. Bring it the pain defense!
Eagle, who have the Memphis Tigers played this year? They beat a bad Ole Miss team in an ugly 15 to 10 win and beat a decent Navy team 35 to 23. But, just the same, the Tigers lost on Saturday to a decent Temple team 30 to 28. Southern B.R., So. Alabama & UL-M are “tomato cans.” Last year we rushed for 5.7 yards a carry against these guys while Memphis rushed for only 1.5 yards a carry against the Wave. I think we are going to run wild on these guys for a second year in a row and get a big effort from the defense. For the AP we are 26, for coaches 27. Next week should do the trick for the Wave getting back in the top 25 for both polls for the first time in over 20 years.

What a fun season. :)
anEngineer
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:38 pm
Eaglewave wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:17 pm I love it. Our defense will play very hungry football. We are too close from cracking the top 25 for us to fail. These kids want to see a ranking next to our name. Bring it the pain defense!
Eagle, who have the Memphis Tigers played this year? They beat a bad Ole Miss team in an ugly 15 to 10 win and beat a decent Navy team 35 to 23. But, just the same, the Tigers lost on Saturday to a decent Temple team 30 to 28. Southern B.R., So. Alabama & UL-M are “tomato cans.” Last year we rushed for 5.7 yards a carry against these guys while Memphis rushed for only 1.5 yards a carry against the Wave. I think we are going to run wild on these guys for a second year in a row and get a big effort from the defense. For the AP we are 26, for coaches 27. Next week should do the trick for the Wave getting back in the top 25 for both polls for the first time in over 20 years.

What a fun season. :)
I saw the first half of the Temple game and was surprised by how successful Temple was running right up the middle on Memphis. If Tulane is able to pound inside to set up the outside, we should get a good final result.
nawlinspete
Riptide

As of this minute the line is Tulane +4,5 ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave755
Tsunami

Line moves down, "tweaked" really, to Memphis 4.5 pts. > Wave,

O/U now 60 pts.

I think our O-Line gets the job done together with our great running backs and after we win the Wave returns to the top 25 for both polls for the first time in 21 years. :D
Wave755
Tsunami

Late money on Wave, line moves down to 3.5 pts., O/U 59.5 pts.

Roll Wave Roll!!! :D :D :D
Wave755
Tsunami

Line closes Memphis 2.5 pts. > Wave.

Roll Wave Roll!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

According to the ESPN site, its down to -2.0

Just on the main page, because I have Tulane as one of my favorites. It shows the Tulane Mem game starting at 6pm, with Mem -2.0. If you go to the gamecast page, it shows -2.5.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'd bet the "smart money" is off the Wave for the rest of the season. Those bettors lost a boatload betting on Tulane this week. Made them look like dumb money. The line will probably be inflated the next couple of weeks in the other direction, and probably be more accurate. We've beaten nobody worth noting.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:16 pm I'd bet the "smart money" is off the Wave for the rest of the season. Those bettors lost a boatload betting on Tulane this week. Made them look like dumb money. The line will probably be inflated the next couple of weeks in the other direction, and probably be more accurate. We've beaten nobody worth noting.
We beat plenty of people who than shut down their seasons upon destroyIng their psyche. I wish this was hyperbole, but is just accurate and hilarious. FIU, Army, Houston. So all of those predicted division leaders were bad ? How many immediate lost awful games ? How about Heisman Candidates being shut down ?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Funny how someone railed on and on at others here how tough the beginning schedule was and that those saying we were going to beat them didn't have a clue what they were saying and now someone carries on and tells us we were stupid for thinking we were good because we haven't beaten anybody. :roll:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:17 am Funny how someone railed on and on at others here how tough the beginning schedule was and that those saying we were going to beat them didn't have a clue what they were saying and now someone carries on and tells us we were stupid for thinking we were good because we haven't beaten anybody. :roll:
It's funny how someone doesn't want me to use evidence that wasn't available at the time we played those teams to determine how good they are. I never EVER said we weren't going to beat them, but said some certain posters were discounting what they had achieved and inflating what we had achieved.

The funniest thing on this board is when winwave loses an argument, doesn't give up, but then changes what's being debated. Many of us laugh at him because, well, it is hysterical.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If anybody's changing anything it's you as usual..You ruined thread after thread telling people you were much smarter and wiser. Maybe you should have waited till you had the evidence.before talking down to everybody. One day you'll learn you're not the smartest guy in the room.Until then we'll just keep laughing at your prognostications.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:36 am If anybody's changing anything it's you as usual..You ruined thread after thread telling people you were much smarter and wiser. Maybe you should have waited till you had the evidence.before talking down to everybody. One day you'll learn you're not the smartest guy in the room.Until then we'll just keep laughing at your prognostications.
Oooh!

Good beatdown from a guy that claimed a coach taught us how to defend the option, then used games as examples to back his argument that were coached by a different coach. And the new coach happened to have faced the option 5 days/week for about 13 years in practice. But those scores against option teams were your argument that L. Washington taught Tulane how to defend the option despite the fact that he was no longer at Tulane, and his best defense ever "only" held an option team to 31 points.

There are no shortage of folks on this board that appreciate your good posts and laugh when you argue and won't give up when you've lost your argument. What you don't realize is people argue with you when they know you are wrong. As I've said before 90% of your posts are good.. It the 10 % that are BS that folks challenge you on. And you NEVER give up!

Over and out on this one. Go at it, have the last word as you insist.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ooooh! What I said was LW gave us the odd man front after losing badly against option teams. I also gave stats showing how after that change we held said teams to well below their usual rushing numbers and pointed out how other units led to direct points or gave short fields to those teams to help allow easy points.