Memphis Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It will be played at 6 on either ESPN2 or ESPNU:

Last edited by winwave on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

I’m assuming if both teams win, then the game will be on ESPN2.
TURVS71
Swell

Will be there !!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Eaglewave
Swell

This will be the biggest game for our program in decades. If we can come out of Memphis with a win, we will finally see our guys ranked in the top 25. After all we have been through, we deserve to see it AP top 25 next to our name!

Roll Wave!
Ball Sumrall!
anEngineer
Riptide

I don't like talking about the Memphis game before the UConn game is over. It's bad practice and leads to disappointment.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

forTulane to overlook anyone, is a loss waiting to happen...Hell, they almost blew the Army game
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:44 am I don't like talking about the Memphis game before the UConn game is over. It's bad practice and leads to disappointment.
Then don't talk about it. Always complaining. I started this thread so that people interested in going to the game or those wanting to make plans to be able to watch would have the info. as soon as possible. Simple as that. Even without this thread it's clear everyone is overlooking UCANT. Of course I'm hoping everyone doesn't include our players and coaches. They're the only ones that matter and I haven't seen any of them post in this thread.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:28 am
anEngineer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:44 am I don't like talking about the Memphis game before the UConn game is over. It's bad practice and leads to disappointment.
Then don't talk about it. Always complaining. I started this thread so that people interested in going to the game or those wanting to make plans to be able to watch would have the info. as soon as possible. Simple as that. Even without this thread it's clear everyone is overlooking UCANT. Of course I'm hoping everyone doesn't include our players and coaches. They're the only ones that matter and I haven't seen any of them post in this thread.
Oh, well, if you started it, everyone else should just accept it. You are the type that ruins all social media for everyone else; to have the absolute audacity to claim that anyone else is "Always complaining". I'm not getting into one of your irrelevant battles that mar this site.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:15 am
winwave wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:28 am
Oh, well, if you started it, everyone else should just accept it. You are the type that ruins all social media for everyone else; to have the absolute audacity to claim that anyone else is "Always complaining". I'm not getting into one of your irrelevant battles that mar this site.
Nothing to accept in the post. The OP was a simple statement of fact. If it's wrong correct it. As usual you offer nothing but complaining and no substance.
greenie78
Riptide

The game will be on ESPN2.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Between their first loss of the season, quite likely a bad call on that long pass at the end, and the fact we beat them last year, expect nothing less than a focused Memphis team this weekend. Of course, their fans are just silly.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave QB
Swell

I have been quiet this year because I am always fearful of laying eggs when it feels like times are about to change. I was very proud of our guys vs Houston as they showed that they are fighters. I wasn’t pleased on how we let Army back into the game, but we did hold on to a W.

This game vs Memphis will answer questions of who we truly are this year. Can we go on the road and beat a Memphis that beat Ole Miss? It’s going to be very tough. We will definitely find out who we are.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:27 am Between their first loss of the season, quite likely a bad call on that long pass at the end, and the fact we beat them last year, expect nothing less than a focused Memphis team this weekend. Of course, their fans are just silly.

the play...looks like the ball never hits the ground...
https://www.espn.com/college-football/t ... his-tigers
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:38 am

Yeah, I thought it was a catch as well. Don't know how they saw enough conclusive to overturn it, that's for sure.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:47 am

Yeah, I thought it was a catch as well. Don't know how they saw enough conclusive to overturn it, that's for sure.
Tx Tech also got screwed on the first play of the first OT..the refs were on a mission to keep Baylor ranked
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... le-db-says
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Those memphis fans are already being obnoxious i see. Someone should remind them what happened last year. Lets keep the memphis win streak going. I think we go into memphis and win by two touchdowns. The offense is starting to fire on all cylinders and the defense is strong. Roll wave
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Just win the game. Please Tulane.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Eaglewave
Swell

We haven’t won in Memphis since 1998. It’s time to turn back the clock.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:51 am

Tx Tech also got screwed on the first play of the first OT..the refs were on a mission to keep Baylor ranked
That's a bit dramatic and conspiracy thinking, 'nut. C'mon man, there's no conspiracy about Baylor football.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:28 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:51 am

That's a bit dramatic and conspiracy thinking, 'nut. C'mon man, there's no conspiracy about Baylor football.
it ain't about Baylor Football, it is about keeping as many Big12 teams ranked as possible...FYI, the BIg12 Commish Office has issued a statement, which confirms the Refs blew the call..I was not at the game, but my Wife went with several freinds, as soon as the play happened, I Texted her the refs had just robbed Tech..interestingly enuff, the play was NEVER shown on their stadium jumbotron...
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yeah, that means it was all about screwing TxTech just to keep Baylor ranked. I'm sure the whole line of officiating was given the memo.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 pm Just win baby:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... fd3df.html

Looking to go 1-0 .
I thought this was interesting.
Late Saturday night, ESPN2 chose Tulane-Memphis instead of Washington State-Colorado for its 6 p.m. game, putting the Pac-12 matchup on ESPNU.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:43 am
winwave wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 pm Just win baby:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... fd3df.html

Looking to go 1-0 .
I thought this was interesting.
Late Saturday night, ESPN2 chose Tulane-Memphis instead of Washington State-Colorado for its 6 p.m. game, putting the Pac-12 matchup on ESPNU.
Yep. Chose the P6 over the P5 game.