Memphis Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Apparently no one actually wants to discuss the game. This is the game that Cam & Patrick need to find their extra gear and make themselves felt. We need to get after Brady and force him into turnovers. That in addition to McMillan being decently consistent with his throws will be the keys to the ballgame. Memphis will crowd the box as their run defense is vulnerable. Time for Mcclesky, Mooney, amare in the slot and our TE’s to have a big game and make them pay. They will be open, as long as McMillan can get them the ball.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:06 pm Apparently no one actually wants to discuss the game. This is the game that Cam & Patrick need to find their extra gear and make themselves felt. We need to get after Brady and force him into turnovers. That in addition to McMillan being decently consistent with his throws will be the keys to the ballgame. Memphis will crowd the box as their run defense is vulnerable. Time for Mcclesky, Mooney, amare in the slot and our TE’s to have a big game and make them pay. They will be open, as long as McMillan can get them the ball.
I think we can run on them and if they crowd the box make them pay as you point out. This should be a high scoring affair, as both teams have good offenses. Memphis D is better than it's been the last year or two, but teams with less firepower than Tulane have put up some points.

All in, I think we can be 300+ yards both passing and rushing once again. No turnovers, or win the turnover battle and we win the game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Memphis still has issues on their O-line so we should see PJ and Cam make a lot of noise. Not sure if they can top the 7 sacks from last year. but I'd love to see it. As to JM hopefully he's not too pumped to the point of being off the mark. We'll run on them but he's got to take advantage of the openings in the passing game that he's going to get.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:12 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:06 pm Apparently no one actually wants to discuss the game. This is the game that Cam & Patrick need to find their extra gear and make themselves felt. We need to get after Brady and force him into turnovers. That in addition to McMillan being decently consistent with his throws will be the keys to the ballgame. Memphis will crowd the box as their run defense is vulnerable. Time for Mcclesky, Mooney, amare in the slot and our TE’s to have a big game and make them pay. They will be open, as long as McMillan can get them the ball.
I think we can run on them and if they crowd the box make them pay as you point out. This should be a high scoring affair, as both teams have good offenses. Memphis D is better than it's been the last year or two, but teams with less firepower than Tulane have put up some points.

All in, I think we can be 300+ yards both passing and rushing once again. No turnovers, or win the turnover battle and we win the game.
Cant wait for Saturday !

I just came across this stat:

“In fact, Tulane is plagued with the nation’s fifth toughest remaining schedule as their final six opponents are a combined 26-9.”

Underdog Dynasty preview: https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/10 ... alysis-aac
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:13 pm Memphis still has issues on their O-line so we should see PJ and Cam make a lot of noise. Not sure if they can top the 7 sacks from last year. but I'd love to see it. As to JM hopefully he's not too pumped to the point of being off the mark. We'll run on them but he's got to take advantage of the openings in the passing game that he's going to get.
Agree. This is the kind of game in the past our QB comes out a little jittery & too excited. But this year we’ve made a habit of kicking Lucy in the head and drop kicking the ball throw the uprights, may it continue . . . Forever.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'm with ya.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:19 pm
DfromCT wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Cant wait for Saturday !

I just came across this stat:

“In fact, Tulane is plagued with the nation’s fifth toughest remaining schedule as their final six opponents are a combined 26-9.”

Underdog Dynasty preview: https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/10 ... alysis-aac
It’s the toughest in the nation if you take out Tulsa (24-5)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern
Riptide

No Bradwell for this game. Ugh.
greenphantom
Swell

Can not wait till Saturday. Really, really concerned about this game. Their RB Gainwell is really good.. 5th leading rusher in the country as a redshirt freshman and was an iunranked recruit out of high school.
Eaglewave
Swell

Damn. Bradwell being out is very tough. I was counting on him to have a major impact on Saturday.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hate to see him out too. The good news is it means more touches for Daupine. He's a lot tougher of a runner than most give him credit for because they are focused on his amazing speed. We should be fine there.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Notwithstanding a wave of Wave injuries the line continues to move to the Wave . Now down from opening 5 1/2 to 3 1/2 .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
galvezwave
Swell

Probably not a popular opinion on here, but I like huderson in that punishing ball carrier role. Not as big as bradwell but he likes contact and runs hard .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:05 am Probably not a popular opinion on here, but I like huderson in that punishing ball carrier role. Not as big as bradwell but he likes contact and runs hard .
I agree. I think Huderson is more physical, like Bradwell, and Jones and Dauphine are burners that do better on the edge.
anEngineer
Riptide

I'd feel better if McMillen were a little more accurate passer. He definitely looks better running than passing.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:17 pm I'd feel better if McMillen were a little more accurate passer. He definitely looks better running than passing.
I hear what you're saying and agree. But he's also a streaky passer, and when he's hot he's tough to stop. But I worry as Memphis may have the most talented secondary he's seen to date. He cannot be floating passes.
galvezwave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:30 pm
anEngineer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:17 pm I'd feel better if McMillen were a little more accurate passer. He definitely looks better running than passing.
I hear what you're saying and agree. But he's also a streaky passer, and when he's hot he's tough to stop. But I worry as Memphis may have the most talented secondary he's seen to date. He cannot be floating passes.

He’s up to around 58% on completions this season. Think it around 51% last year. Probably mid 60s without auburn. He’s improved .plus he’s like 10-2. So there’s that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

galvezwave wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:25 pm
He’s improved .plus he’s like 10-2. So there’s that.
And isn't this all that really matters?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hopefully he's not too hyped at the start. He said the same thing again this week that he said before the Auburn game that he doesn't believe every game is the same and this is a big game and that players should be hyped up. I'd hate to see him get us in a big hole early. I know we came back against Houston but Memphis is better.
anEngineer
Riptide

galvezwave wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:25 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:30 pm

He’s up to around 58% on completions this season. Think it around 51% last year. Probably mid 60s without auburn. He’s improved .plus he’s like 10-2. So there’s that.
No doubt, he's a leader, he makes things happen when it counts (reference Houston) and the players really look up to him. It's just some of those wide open throws that sail overhead or into the turf.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What’s the uni this week?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana