Who needs to lose for us to make the top 25

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Borrowed this from the other board (credit to Poseidon).

Need 5 of these to happen to move into the top 25. What are most likely and preferred ? I hope Memphis beats temple Would wake fall out of the top 25 if they lost ?

#29 Udub lose to Arizona
#28 app state to lose to ULL
#27 Mizzou to lose to Ole Miss
#26 Minnesota lose Nebraska
#24 TAMU lose to Alabama
#23 Memphis lose at Temple
#22 Baylor lose to Texas Tech
#20 Virginia lose to Miami
#19 Wake lose Louisville

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

From October 5:

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah I’m sure FTW will update it later this week. It seems plausible 5 of those scenarios to occur. Alabama crushing TA&M is a certainty, so that takes us to 4. The others who are underdogs are App state to ULL, UVA to Miami, and Minnesota to Nebraska. There also seemed to have been an omission of #25 Cinci @ Houston. Cinci is favored by 7 but I could see houston winning that game.

#29 Udub lose @ Arizona. Washington -9.5
#28 app state to lose @ ULL- ULL -3***
#27 Mizzou to lose to Ole Miss Missouri -21.5
#26 Minnesota lose Nebraska- Nebraska -2.5***
#25 Cinci @ houston - Cinci -7
#24 TAMU lose to Alabama- Bama -13 **
#23 Memphis lose at Temple- Memphis -7
#22 Baylor lose to Texas Tech- Baylor -10.5
#20 Virginia lose to Miami- Miami -2.5***
#19 Wake lose Louisville- Wake -7
RobertM320
Green Wave

I can see Miami, Bama, Houston and Neb winning. The fifth would probably be ULL. Houston's the only one of those 5 that's an underdog.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We need UCONN to lose.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

EXACTLY .

Should we win out we are in the AAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME with a potential NEW YEAR'S SIX berth if we win ....

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:49 pm We need UCONN to lose.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We’re fans. We can look ahead . . . Especially against uconn. They are phoning it in. Look alike we are likely espn 2 and a Night game verse Memphis.

The biggest question marks will be on the scoreboard and if Memphis can beat Temple away. That’s going to be a tough game that temple could win.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:39 pm We’re fans. We can look ahead . . . Especially against uconn. They are phoning it in. Look alike we are likely espn 2 and a Night game verse Memphis.

The biggest question marks will be on the scoreboard and if Memphis can beat Temple away. That’s going to be a tough game that temple could win.
Officially 6pm on the Memphis game, and either ESPN2 or ESPNU.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:30 pm

EXACTLY .

Should we win out we are in the AAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME with a potential NEW YEAR'S SIX berth if we win ....

I wouldn't count on that NY6 berth, even if we were to win out. Boise State will still have to lose at least once. They're 14th right now, we're 30th. If they only lose once the rest of the way, I'm not sure we move ahead of them even if we win out.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Quite a change from discussions just a short four years ago !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:38 pm

EXACTLY .

I wouldn't count on that NY6 berth, even if we were to win out. Boise State will still have to lose at least once. They're 14th right now, we're 30th. If they only lose once the rest of the way, I'm not sure we move ahead of them even if we win out.
I wonder if there’s away to use like the ESPN FBI system or something to see what we would both be ranked if we both won out. How many top 25 and top 50 will we play the rest of the way ? Top 25: Memphis, SMU, UCF and then the CCG. I assume Temple and Navy will be around top 50. Is that enough to overcome Boise ? It might. That happening would also light a fire under Boise, SDSU, BYU, Army to come to us if that was the case.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:36 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:38 pm

EXACTLY .

I wonder if there’s away to use like the ESPN FBI system or something to see what we would both be ranked if we both won out. How many top 25 and top 50 will we play the rest of the way ? Top 25: Memphis, SMU, UCF and then the CCG. I assume Temple and Navy will be around top 50. Is that enough to overcome Boise ? It might. That happening would also light a fire under Boise, SDSU, BYU, Army to come to us if that was the case.
A 1 loss AAC team from the AAC West (i.e. Memphis/Navy/SMU/Tulane) should end up ranked higher than an undefeated Boise due to strength of schedule differences.

We all need to remember that the AP rankings are not the CFP Rankings, so it really doesn't matter where Boise is ranked right now.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We need our opponents to have success in games versus other teams. Army needs to win out. Auburn needs to pull off an upset or two in the SEC. Our AAC opponents need to be at or close to the top of their divisions. And of course we need to keep winning.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ccap05
Surge

Continue winning and the Top 25 will take care of itself.

As for me, I find it very hard to root against Appy State.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:41 am Continue winning and the Top 25 will take care of itself.

Me, too. A ULa-La win will bring exflash back.

I kinda miss Cajunfantico, though, and hope all is well with him. The App State game is on the Deuce tomorrow night.

Go Mountaineers!
ccap05
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 am
ccap05 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:41 am Continue winning and the Top 25 will take care of itself.

I kinda miss Cajunfantico, though, and hope all is well with him. The App State game is on the Deuce tomorrow night.

Go Mountaineers!
The Sunbelt Mott: "On any given Wednesday".
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:44 pm

Go Mountaineers!
except for "Survivor" they are the only game in town
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:44 pm

Go Mountaineers!
LOL, good one, ccap!

App State could win out and be a candidate for the NY6 game with a P5 victory already in hand. They'd probably be ranked in the low to mid teens if they did so.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Go Mountaineers!
D- the flasher is already back.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Go Mountaineers!
Yeah, but if U-LaLa loses, he won't be.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:51 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Go Mountaineers!
Yeah, but if U-LaLa loses, he won't be.
True Dat!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Who needs to lose? Howzabout Navy? Beat them, and having already taken care of Army, we could meet Air Force in a bowl game. That should get us both a top 25 ranking and (after defeating the airmen) a Commander-In-Cheese's trophy.

I was beginning to wonder if I would live long enough to see Tulane athletics on the uptick. These are really exciting times! Now if Fitts will not allow other teams to futz with Fritz, we may be entering a green Camelot era.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If we shut out UConn that cant hurt our chances either
RobertM320
Green Wave

People are forgetting about the #26-#29 teams. I mean, if #17 loses to #10, we're not going to jump past them. But we need to pass up 5 teams, including the #26-29 teams.

#26 Minnesota vs Nebraska
#27 Missouri vs Ole Miss
#28 Appalachian State beats ULALA 17-7
#29 Washington @ #33 Arizona

I'm thinking we'll be lucky to move up to #27, and Memphis may still be ahead of us. Also kind of surprised that Temple had no votes at all, despite being 4-1 to start the day with a win @ then-#21 Maryland.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just keep WINNING!