Tulane Coaching Hostage Crisis: Day 48

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
wave to em
Surge

hounddog wrote:Looks like Trooper Taylor is all thats left
Well, I know some people don't want it, but if hudspeth (my first choice now) declines, i say we go get the Troop.

CuJo.
#SickEmWave
TU882
Ripple

TU23 wrote:I don't know how you can even have a press conference and keep a straight face with whomever we hire when they will know that they were AT LEAST the 5th coach offered the job after Rodriguez, Leach, Monken (twice), and Hudspeth.
I'm more worried about the fact that we are going to have to start offering people who know that we've passed them over multiple times. Will this increase the chances that they'll turn us down? If so, before long there could be such a stigma associated with the job that we'll either have to go after someone who doesn't mind being 5th string (likely someone who is desperate) or we'll have to "suddenly discover" someone new and pretend they would have been at the top of our list all along just to try to save face (which won't fool anyone). That said, I'm glad we went after Monken.
cajunwave
Ripple

I hope this proves to SC and Rd what coaches , recruits, and fans think about The" Tulane Model'. A dismal failure which has to be scraped right now if we are to continue at the division one level.

cagunwave
hounddog
Low Tide

I don't believe they have the ability to admit mistakes.
RWR
Swell

We can still get a splash hire who is a proven winner. Terry Bowden is there to be had. He should be contacted ASAP. We can't sink to CJ,TT, or Cignetti.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Cow/Dick is a freakin disgrace!! Dickson should be fired NOW! It's our only chance of getting a credible football coach.
DrBox
Riptide

wave to em wrote:
hounddog wrote:Looks like Trooper Taylor is all thats left
Well, I know some people don't want it, but if hudspeth (my first choice now) declines, i say we go get the Troop.
That would be giving up. The last thing we need is a players coach who has a million friends around TU already.

These 3rd tier coaches can understand why we'd want RR and Monken first. If the promises are true, this is really a great opportunity for someone.
There's something weird about this Monken stuff.
Northshore Wave
Ripple

The only thing we can hope for is RD to not settle for a CJ, TT, Rutgers OC. We can still get a very good coach. Man am I depressed.
Dave breslin
Swell

The dick and nut show probably won't read this but how about a response to your constituents? A clue that SOMEONEis doing something besides going to Hawaii and having everyone know you are failures at your jobs.
gbgreenie
Surge

Rumors are Mack Brown may be let go by Texas. That would be a splash hire.
wavemania
Surge

Sorry, but I think Mack has passed his prime.
JTLiuzza
Swell

TP article:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... antsy.html

The spin is that we're being "meticulous" and "thorough." I feel much better now. Thanks, Doug. Who does he think is buying that malarkey?
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
sader24
Tsunami

Someone explain to me how we offer the same guy twice? How do we get turned down twice? Dickson has to be completely clueless. UAB got a SEC Coordinator in days at 1/4th the price. This is the most Mickey Mouse Athletic Department in the history of Athletic Departments. It just gets worse and wierder every day. Shit why not offer Monken a 3rd time.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

1ndabag wrote:TP article:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... antsy.html

The spin is that we're being "meticulous" and "thorough." I feel much better now. Thanks, Doug. Who does he think is buying that malarkey?
Does "meticulous" and "thorough" mean getting offers turned down over and over?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wavetime
Swell

I think RD wanted RR and ML and Monken was his 3rd choice. I also believe we were not allowed to talk to Minken until today. Maybe he did tur us Dow, ut if he did, it was probably today, or we were told to wait to see what the BCS does.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Is Dickson on a lifetime appointment? I'm trying to imagine a scenario where Dickson is fired. The Toledo extension, the worst football team in the country, firing coach midseason of a lost year and now this coaching search. This is just in the last calendar year!

This is a sad day for Tulane. Doubling down on disaster.
TU23
High Tide

Wavetime wrote:I think RD wanted RR and ML and Monken was his 3rd choice. I also believe we were not allowed to talk to Minken until today. Maybe he did tur us Dow, ut if he did, it was probably today, or we were told to wait to see what the BCS does.
That's not what we've been hearing. Even the guys on YOGWF admit that we had something going with Monken 10 days ago and it got messed up somehow and we went back to him today. I am hearing similar things from people up here in Oklahoma. What I've been told by people who are close to the OSU program is that Monken was told he couldn't leave before the end of the season and then when his name got hot, he got more interested in other jobs. When the news broke up here a while back that Tulane was interested in Monken, the papers and news stations were killing Tulane basically saying it's the black hole of college football.
JerseyWave
Riptide

BigDummyLoser and the spinmeisters are out in full force on the Tulane Loser Board! They just don't get it. They really believe CowDick is going to produce a splash hire!
baldboy
Low Tide

That's why you offer him 1.2+1.5 mil and then he do not worry so much about that. Plus Monkey was at LSU so he knows enough about Tulane without letting media decide his future.
TU23
High Tide

I'm getting really nervous

@footballscoopFootballScoop Staff

We hear Tulane has made a decision...working to confirm. http://bit.ly/aMEurg

1 minute ago via TweetDeck
JerseyWave
Riptide

Still not giving up on Monken. Tulane has made decisions, but one of the guys we decide on has to decide on us!
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

TU23 wrote:I'm getting really nervous

@footballscoopFootballScoop Staff

We hear Tulane has made a decision...working to confirm. http://bit.ly/aMEurg

1 minute ago via TweetDeck
Tulane: We hear Tulane will announce their new head coach either today or tomorrow. Will have more information soon.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Who is even a candidate at this point? Curtis Johnson?
tnelly15
Riptide

:? I'm nervous, give me CJ or TT over the rutgers or Northwestern guys though.
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

jonathanjoseph wrote:Who is even a candidate at this point? Curtis Johnson?
If it is CuJo, it might get announced on Sunday Night Football.

Is Mike Sherman even a possibility?