UCONN Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:15 am
squilz wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:50 am
wave97 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:26 am If Willie Fritz was motivated by money & status his career trajectory would be completely different.. I am hopeful that we stand a good chance of retaining him. He & his staff can build something really special here.
Good kids, good school, good footbaldl.
Agree. Fritz seems like a more stand up guy than a lot of coaches, between that, his age and journeyman career up to this point; I could see him riding the wave into the sunset a la bill snyder.
You mean even more than the Bible thumping bowdens ? 😂😂
Notice Tommy Bowden was never offered another head coaching job? Why? Because Clemson "put out the word" on him.

wave97
Swell

galvezwave wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 am
wave97 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:39 am If Willie Fritz stays at Tulane the only resemblance to Maimi will be that they're both Southern private schools in NFL cities.
I loved Miami for what they were in the 80's, 90's. & early 00's. But that's me. We don't need the anti-athletic elements of Tulane to have any cause to call out the football/basketball program.
In Fritz we trust.
I was relatively speaking. Maybe Boise would be a better comparison but I think Tulane has a higher ceiling honestly.
Much higher. If Willie Fritz turns the program into a year in & out winner how many Presidents would be glad to see LSU with some in-state competition?
I'm just saying if they go to 16, who knows?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

How many wins does willie have to finish with this year for TD to give him another bump this year/end of season ? 9 ?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:16 pm How many wins does willie have to finish with this year for TD to give him another bump this year/end of season ? 9 ?
No need to keep our cards close to our vest . Reward Coach Fritz, AND STAFF , significantly , NOW NOW NOW .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:16 pm How many wins does willie have to finish with this year for TD to give him another bump this year/end of season ? 9 ?
No need to keep our cards close to our vest . Reward Coach Fritz, AND STAFF , significantly , NOW NOW NOW .
Now everyone is happy we gave him an extension last year behind closed doors. He was just named the #2 most underrated coach in the country by a poll of all FBS coaches in the country ! I wish he would get less hype ! If we do beat Memphis it’s going to reach a new level of Smoke and national attention.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:40 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Now everyone is happy we gave him an extension last year behind closed doors. He was just named the #2 most underrated coach in the country by a poll of all FBS coaches in the country ! I wish he would get less hype ! If we do beat Memphis it’s going to reach a new level of Smoke and national attention.
Exactly and will be great for us and will make it even more imperative to recommit to our stellar coaches and to thereby keep the vultures away.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.