MBB 2019-2020

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
WavyHoops
High Tide

First practice today!

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Can't wait to see the new product.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:35 pm Not backing down:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... a2579.html
This is the greatest thing I have seen since we beat houston. My god this is amazing. He immediately calls out will wade & Lsu, demands a game and some other amazing quotes. I can’t wait for b-ball!!!!!
WavyHoops
High Tide

If we take Coach's preview seriously, the 8-man rotation is Lawson, Thompson, Thomas, Walker, ROE, Zhang, Koka plus whomever earns a spot in practice. These are men vs last year's boys and I'm looking forward to it.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Truly a thing of beauty. If this doesnt make you laugh and also excited you need to lighten up
squilz
Low Tide

Hunter showing the same traits we see in WF. Proven winners at smaller schools, exuberant energy that seems to translate to the players well. Dannen clearly knows his type. Let's hope this squad shows up like football has.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I hope after a (hopefully) successful football season/conference championship willie & Troy can start calling out LSU in football as well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The freshman Charlie Russell will have a good shot at being part of that rotation. If Days is up to it it will be him rather than Koka.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:59 pm The freshman Charlie Russell will have a good shot at being part of that rotation. If Days is up to it it will be him rather than Koka.
Am I confusing our Frosh, or was Charlie the one that was headed towards a PG year of Prep School before we offered?

I would think Days, being our most highly touted recruit in a few years, would be in the 8 man rotation, but he was a Dunleavy recruit.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:53 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:59 pm The freshman Charlie Russell will have a good shot at being part of that rotation. If Days is up to it it will be him rather than Koka.
Am I confusing our Frosh, or was Charlie the one that was headed towards a PG year of Prep School before we offered?

I would think Days, being our most highly touted recruit in a few years, would be in the 8 man rotation, but he was a Dunleavy recruit.
He wasn't highly recruited. I believe he had an injury that limited his time on the AAU circuit. The coach has been very high on him. Others locally that I trust were too. I think he's going to develop into a good one. Time will tell.
WavyHoops
High Tide

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/9 ... kHSdBQYZoE

What impresses me beyond the hype is the emphasis on practice and earning your spot. I don’t think there’s any doubt that win or lose the new team is going to fight like hell.
Bigschtick
Riptide

This guy is great to have here!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:47 pm Hunter at the QB Club:

https://crescentcitysports.com/ron-hunt ... -to-prove/
Thanks for the link, ww. It's definitely worth listening.

I love coach Hunter's honesty and straight forward approach. It's not that I don't love him, it's that I fear for him. He's on a bigger stage now. Taking some media relations coaching might be a good move.

But he's fun to listen to and I think the team will be much improved.

Roll Wave!
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:47 pm Hunter at the QB Club:

https://crescentcitysports.com/ron-hunt ... -to-prove/
I love this hire, regardless of the end result. Certainly going to check out some games next year.
Hunter gets it. Listen to his words
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let them go pro. Good solution as already talked about here.
Ruski
Swell

John Brannen (Cincinnati), Aaron McKie (Temple) and Ron Hunter (Tulane) are the new coaches in this league. Who will have the biggest immediate impact on his team?

Gasaway: Hunter. The Green Wave are still a year or three or more away -- don't get me wrong. But in terms of a coach altering the trajectory of a program compared to where it was going otherwise, Hunter is my choice to make the biggest difference. In 2011, he inherited a Georgia State program that had finished under .500 in seven consecutive seasons, and all he did was win 64% of his games over the course of eight years in Atlanta. Again, Tulane would be a tough rebuild for any coach, but all things considered, getting Hunter to New Orleans was a quality hire.
Medcalf: I think you'll see an immediate shift in the culture at Tulane with Hunter. But John Brannen can win now with a healthy Jarron Cumberland.
Borzello: Long-term, I think the answer is Hunter. He has already landed three talented graduate transfers, but the Green Wave haven't won a game since December and won't be an AAC factor this season. The biggest immediate impact needs to come from Brannen.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... mphis-hype
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hightower will be a difference maker if eligible:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... c3e11.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm Hightower will be a difference maker if eligible:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... c3e11.html
I love the big brother comments 😎
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Love it. Really really hoping hightower can play. Lord knows we need as much help as we can get this year. Guerreys article says he thought Hightower was the best player on the court in the scrimmage and sounds like RH thinks hes one of the top 3.
anEngineer
Riptide

You have to love Coach Hunter laughing about Tulane picked to finish last. He says that's just not going to happen. He certainly makes you believe and I'm sure the players feel it even more.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He really is fun to watch. They showed it on all the stations locally with him looking into the cameras and saying 'IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN". Then the anchors followed it with "I can't wait to see his press conferences".