MBB 2019-2020

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Here's a cheer for Coach Hunger ("aka Hunter")

He's hungry for lunch
He's hungry for dinner
He's hungry for beignets
He'll make us a winner!

This is sent with all due respect and a reminder of his introductory press conference!

ROLL WAVE!

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I really Hope Coach Hunter catches a break and Hightower is eligible.

His shit talking and hyperbole are excellent. The living manifestation of a fans thoughts, but with the ability to make them happen.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dancing in the streets
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not gonna happen:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Great news as NCCA approves Hightower and Ali to play immediately:

Hightower can really make a difference for us.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I predict we have more wins by Christmas this year than all of last season, and we have at least 2 conference wins by the end of January. We might not get to the NIT but this team will work hard and compete a lot more under Coach Hungar than we have seen Tulane Basketball do so in a long time.

ROLL WAVE!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Great news ! Alright coach Hunter, you’re up !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If we could beat UConn this year it would be such a wonderful parting gift to UConn. Their fans and other Big East coaches have taken their shots at us this year and in the past.
GreenLantern
Riptide

This helps one understand just how bad things were under Coach Dunleavy.

For locals, next Thursday night is Winterfest:
...meet the Green Wave's winter sports teams (men's basketball, women's basketball, bowling and women's swimming and diving) and engage in many activities with coaches and student-athletes including giveaways, autographs, photo stations, face painting and inflatable games for kids.
The Willie Fritz show will be broadcast from Fogelman during the event. After we beat Memphis, it shoul be a happy and rowdy affair. For those who have purchased basketball season tickets, they may be picked up at the time.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It’s crazy that Memphis and UConn have massive acts Performing at their midnight madness events (Snoop dog & Tpain). Hopefully we can have better acts in 3-5 years.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:16 pm It’s crazy that Memphis and UConn have massive acts Performing at their midnight madness events (Snoop dog & Tpain). Hopefully we can have better acts in 3-5 years.
I'm showing my age here: who the F is Tpain? At least I've heard of Snoop Dog!
swampnik
Surge

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:03 pm If we could beat UConn this year it would be such a wonderful parting gift to UConn. Their fans and other Big East coaches have taken their shots at us this year and in the past.
Coach Hunter definitely wants a piece of Houston his first year.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
swampnik
Surge

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Just catching up on all of this since I was out of town last week. So far, I have to give it to Coach Hunter. The man hasn't even coached a game here yet at Tulane, but he's got us talking and the media noticing. At this point, it's all we can ask for. Now let's go get some wins.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

A Big Hint...Tulane's ranking has three digits...so scroll on

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... very-team/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:51 pm A Big Hint...Tulane's ranking has three digits...so scroll on

While I admit that the AAC has more teams outside the top 100 than the Big East. The AAC has 2 teams higher than any Big East team. UConn only ranks 4th in the AAC and would be 7th in the Big East. It's still stunning that they are willing to throw away football for that.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:34 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:51 pm A Big Hint...Tulane's ranking has three digits...so scroll on

While I admit that the AAC has more teams outside the top 100 than the Big East. The AAC has 2 teams higher than any Big East team. UConn only ranks 4th in the AAC and would be 7th in the Big East. It's still stunning that they are willing to throw away football for that.
Tulane has made a lot of crazy decisions around our baseball program. UConn has done the same around their basketball programs. At least their basketball programs have a boat load of national championships, and that sport matters about 1000% more than baseball.

I don't think they are making a good decision, but it's about programs that have won national championships in sports that matter. And yes, I agree, their screwing their football program which is THE sport that matters most. Dumb decisions.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:13 pm
anEngineer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Tulane has made a lot of crazy decisions around our baseball program. UConn has done the same around their basketball programs. At least their basketball programs have a boat load of national championships, and that sport matters about 1000% more than baseball.

I don't think they are making a good decision, but it's about programs that have won national championships in sports that matter. And yes, I agree, their screwing their football program which is THE sport that matters most. Dumb decisions.
Baseball remains the best chance for Tulane to win a National Championship. No shot in FB or slim at best in MBB. So should we quit FB of course not.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 pm Baseball remains the best chance for Tulane to win a National Championship. No shot in FB or slim at best in MBB. So should we quit FB of course not.
And if we ever did, there'd be about 5,000 people in the US that cared. And half of them would forget that we won within a year.
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:56 pm
Show Me wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 pm Baseball remains the best chance for Tulane to win a National Championship. No shot in FB or slim at best in MBB. So should we quit FB of course not.
And if we ever did, there'd be about 5,000 people in the US that cared. And half of them would forget that we won within a year.
But if we dropped football, we could still post to the Tanner Lee thread, right?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:00 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:56 pm
But if we dropped football, we could still post to the Tanner Lee thread, right?
Hey, if we drop football, maybe an invite to the Big East will be in the mail, and Tanner can be the on campus "mail clerk"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:08 am Hightower a big deal:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 54a6e.html
Hunter’s candor is refreshing.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

After reading that I hope Hightower stays healthy. Coach hunter pretty much said without Hightower they would have no chance in AAC.