AP Top 25

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:30 pm Wow, we didn’t get anymore AP votes. This is embarrassing for the AP. Shows they haven’t paid attention and are a joke. Truly hilarious
This week's poll isn't out yet.

God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

So what was weird was in Gulfnjts links there was a week 7 Ap poll. Anyway the new poll just came out we are up to 25 votes
greenie78
Riptide

Yeah we’re not far. We’d be higher if not for all the mistakes. Hopefully a good performance against UCONN will get us higher. It’s a joke how A&M is ranked. The AAC has 3 teams ranked tied with the ACC and PAC-12.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

A & M being ranked is a joke. Most of the teams at the bottom of the top 25 had byes which hurt our chance of moving up. Next week will be golden as they’re back in action and we essentially have a bye to a 6-1 record
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Who votes how for the Ap. Interesting a couple folks have us at 21. I do notice a certain LSU AP Voter doesn’t have us anywhere in his top 25. Brooks cubena. Let’s get after him
nawlinspete
Riptide

Why ? So he will dig in his heels even deeper if we beat Memphis , Navy., Tulsa , UCF and SMU ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastal that's a very interesting read/look. Thanks for posting it. One voter (from Honolulu) had us as high as 21.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I like those guys who have us at 21 :D

Of course brooks is a writer for the advocate, classic.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

As much as it isn’t ideal, it makes sense that Tulane isn’t in the top 25 given that it hasn't defeated a team that currently has a winning record. Houston, FIU and Army were all expected to be big deals this season, but none of them have panned out - it’s amazing what a few short weeks can do to the quality of a schedule.”

A win over Memphis should be enough.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I call BS. We should have been ranked. But whining about it isn’t a solution. Let’s kick Memphis’s ass.

National (not local) Public sentiment is on our side. At least we won’t have our thunder stolen by the LSU win. Let’s do what ever it takes to win next week.
Eaglewave
Swell

We are a top 25 program. We will confirm it at Memphis. It’s our time!
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:14 pm We are a top 25 program. We will confirm it at Memphis. It’s our time!
This!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:37 pm
Eaglewave wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:14 pm We are a top 25 program. We will confirm it at Memphis. It’s our time!
This!
I do love the hubris of Memphis and their fans. They still do think they should even be on the same field as us.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The only ranking that matters is at season's end. Who cares if we're ranked for a week or two? I'd MUCH rather be ranked in the top 25 when all is said and done.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Because it would feel good now. Like McMillan said we want respect. Throw in it would help on the recruiting trail. EVERYONE knows the only one that really counts is the last one but that doesn't mean you don't want it before then.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 am Because it would feel good now. Like McMillan said we want respect. Throw in it would help on the recruiting trail. EVERYONE knows the only one that really counts is the last one but that doesn't mean you don't want it before then.
Your obsession to object to my posts continues. IF we're ranked at the end of the year, it means 10000000% more than in the middle of the season. Take a chill pill and stop obsessing on contradicting me.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Get over yourself. No one was talking about what means more.They are just discussing what we need to do to get into the top 25. Very relevant conversation with regards to how this season is going. As you always tell people if you don't care for the topic just ignore it.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 am Get over yourself. No one was talking about what means more.They are just discussing what we need to do to get into the top 25. Very relevant conversation with regards to how this season is going. As you always tell people if you don't care for the topic just ignore it.
Why does he always think other people are posting about him ? You were OBVIOUSLY posting about the AP poll's importance in other ways beyond the rankings themselves
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

I thought it was a very good point that being ranked in the top 25 even for a few weeks in Oct/Nov would be very helpful for recruiting.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 pm I thought it was a very good point that being ranked in the top 25 even for a few weeks in Oct/Nov would be very helpful for recruiting.
But more so to be ranked at season's end, right before signing day. Not only would it be more meaningful, but it would also mean that we finished the year strong. There's a lot of football left, and NO TEAM on the remaining schedule is going to be an easy win. Every team from here on out is capable of beating us, just as we are capable of beating them. If we don't clean up our game, we're bound to lose a few games (and quite a few votes.)

Ideally, we beat Memphis, get ranked, and continue winning and moving up the rest of the season.

Let's hope our best football of the season is ahead of us.

ROLL WAVE!
Last edited by DfromCT on Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They're not mutually exclusive. Get ranked now and stay there through the end.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:07 pm They're not mutually exclusive. Get ranked now and stay there through the end.
You are right, see my edit!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Saw it. :D