Tulane takes down Houston 38-31

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Great article, which articulates exactly why this is the biggest game of the Fritz era. Thanks for posting the link.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from H-town....not much to the article...somewhat like taking your pulse and blood pressure
https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/ar ... 448085.php
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Well delivered Monica!
Monica Lebron very nice speech at the QB Club this week.
https://crescentcitysports.com/video-tu ... o-qb-club/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
bbos1
Ripple

What a great representative of Tulane!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

bbos1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:13 am What a great representative of Tulane!
Excellent!
Tulane Class of 1981
squilz
Low Tide

Bruce Feldman at the Athletic picks Houston for the upset. Gotta say, it feels weird seeing big press say Tulane is gonna have a surprising loss.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ESPN promo
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Suburbs of Houston are getting some pretty devastating and flooding rains right now. I never wish this on anyone, hope it's not directly affecting any of the UH players' families.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
oliveandblue
Surge

This game is getting a lot of attention relative to other Tulane games. It's actually more talked about than the Cure Bowl was.

Internal pressure is at levels unheard of for this program.

The only relief is that Tulane can easily get to a bowl game win or lose.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:25 am Suburbs of Houston are getting some pretty devastating and flooding rains right now. I never wish this on anyone, hope it's not directly affecting any of the UH players' families.
south and east parts of Houston are really getting hit...in fact between Houston and Beaumont is a total mess...UH fans who thought of driving over today are going to have a very difficult time
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

Good thing the game is not there.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:36 am This game is getting a lot of attention relative to other Tulane games. It's actually more talked about than the Cure Bowl was.

Internal pressure is at levels unheard of for this program.

The only relief is that Tulane can easily get to a bowl game win or lose.
This game is more important than the (bs) Cure Bowl. Much more important.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:04 am
NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:25 am Suburbs of Houston are getting some pretty devastating and flooding rains right now. I never wish this on anyone, hope it's not directly affecting any of the UH players' families.
south and east parts of Houston are really getting hit...in fact between Houston and Beaumont is a total mess...UH fans who thought of driving over today are going to have a very difficult time
No chance anyone can drive from Houston to N.O. today. I-10 between Houston and Louisiana border completely shut down. Now central Houston and west Houston starting to flood.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The play calling against Auburn was (outside of 2 trick plays) much more vanilla than it was versus FIU. And even more so versus Missou State. And I am 100% with winwave, Justin McM was not even close to being "on" in the Auburn game. It might be his least accurate (and that says a lot) game he's played.

We need to have a varied offense. Heck, even Missou State knew what play we were running most times we handed the ball to Bradwell. I liked the offense we saw in the FIU game, but not the past two weeks.

My thoughts are with the folks in the Houston area. I heard certain areas got 29 inches of rain in 24 hours.
msdos
Swell

Leaving work now to head uptown. first game i'm going to in yulman since we lost 7-3 against UCONN.
I'd be lying if i said i wasn't a tad excited
GreenLantern
Riptide

Hears another of FearTheWave's visitor lists of potential recruits visiting tonight's game. Check out Adonis Friloux, a Houston commit who's our guest at tonight's game vs. Houston. Does that seem awkward to you?

JerseyWave
Riptide

If we take care of business tonight, there better be a new contract sitting on Willie Fritz's desk in the morning. How bout 5 years at $20 million. If we wait until after the season it will be too late. Worth every dollar.
GreenLantern
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:33 pm If we take care of business tonight, there better be a new contract sitting on Willie Fritz's desk in the morning. How bout 5 years at $20 million. If we wait until after the season it will be too late. Worth every dollar.
Reading the posts on the Houston football forum and there was much respect expressed for Willie Fritz. Two posters stated that WF was their first choice to replace Major Applesauce (sic) before the job was given to Holgorsen.
Bigschtick
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:39 pm
JerseyWave wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:33 pm If we take care of business tonight, there better be a new contract sitting on Willie Fritz's desk in the morning. How bout 5 years at $20 million. If we wait until after the season it will be too late. Worth every dollar.
Reading the posts on the Houston football forum and there was much respect expressed for Willie Fritz. Two posters stated that WF was their first choice to replace Major Applesauce (sic) before the job was given to Holgorsen.
We played three games so far. FIU has not turned out be as strong as we thought and Missouri State was a cakewalk. Perhaps it makes a lot more sense to see how the entire season plays out before anyone starts
this thing about Fritz being gods gift to the coaching profession. Go Wave, Beat Houston.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

When that time comes, don’t forget another million or two for the assistant coaches pool.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Hows everyone feeling tonight ? I’m nervous
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Nice start😫😫
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Similar start as Memphis last year.