Houston Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Tulane 26
Houston 21

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

31-14. Not as close as the score indicates. We come out strong, sack king and move at will on their defense.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

28-23 Tulane wins
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Don’t like how we match up with UH. Hope I’m wrong but.....
Houston 28
Tulane 17

Still a big improvement from last year’s game where Houston crushed us 48-17.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ccap05
Surge

35 Tulane
17 Houston
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I really want to see our Wave come out and execute on offense like we did week 1, and for a good deal of the Missou State game. McM completes 8 of his first ten and we're off to the races. If we can execute our offense and not look like we did at Auburn here's the result:

Tulane 41
Houston 27

And Houston scores late to make the final score look worse than the beat down we put on the Cougars.

I hope we have better announcers on ESPN than we've had on ESPN3. They've been brutal.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I’ll revise my prediction to what odds shark has:

Tulane 42
Houston 24

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/houston ... 19-1114952
swampnik
Surge

Wave: 35
Cougs: 21
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am I really want to see our Wave come out and execute on offense like we did week 1, and for a good deal of the Missou State game. McM completes 8 of his first ten and we're off to the races. If we can execute our offense and not look like we did at Auburn here's the result:

Tulane 41
Houston 27

And Houston scores late to make the final score look worse than the beat down we put on the Cougars.

I hope we have better announcers on ESPN than we've had on ESPN3. They've been brutal.

ROLL WAVE!
The announcer for Sat night vs Missouri State was Joel Meyers. He's the TV play-by-play for the Pelicans, and formerly the Lakers I think. He also does Saints pre-season games. Now the other guy wasn't very good, but Joel is fine.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:42 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am I really want to see our Wave come out and execute on offense like we did week 1, and for a good deal of the Missou State game. McM completes 8 of his first ten and we're off to the races. If we can execute our offense and not look like we did at Auburn here's the result:

Tulane 41
Houston 27

ROLL WAVE!
The announcer for Sat night vs Missouri State was Joel Meyers. He's the TV play-by-play for the Pelicans, and formerly the Lakers I think. He also does Saints pre-season games. Now the other guy wasn't very good, but Joel is fine.
I was not a fan of either. Go back and listen to the broadcast, they make a lot of statements that most posters on this forum would cringe upon hearing. If Joel Meyers is local, he should know the difference between a Hullabaloo cheer versus a "who dat" cheer.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3b ... c58b4fe3d6
RobertM320
Green Wave

Dave, that was the other guy. If you were living here, you'd know the difference in the two. Also, they weren't really supposed to be homers. This was an ESPN3 broadcast, they have to at least make an attempt at being non-partisan.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aegis
High Tide

TU: 27
UH; 24
greenie78
Riptide

Houston 21

Tulane 41

I think we get going early and often.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:22 pm Dave, that was the other guy. If you were living here, you'd know the difference in the two. Also, they weren't really supposed to be homers. This was an ESPN3 broadcast, they have to at least make an attempt at being non-partisan.
During a Hullabaloo cheer, they had a back and forth discussion about the "Who Dat" cheer that was going on. That's just one example.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah I heard that too (commented on it in another thread), Joel said something along the lines of “ is that one of The Who dats ?” And the other guy fake chuckled and said “yeah”. I wanted to jump out the window because it was so embarrassing (for everyone) they didn’t know our hullabaloo cheer. This also wasn’t the first TD of the game.

It’s not a big deal but man that just shows we have a long way to go to get the city on board again.

As another random aside: I wish we advertised our cheap beer more.
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

Tulane 36
Houston 28
Eaglewave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Tulane 41
Houston 27

ROLL WAVE!
Both guys sucked! Period.
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

Houston 21
Tulane 38
Ball Sumrall!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Tulane 34, Houston 29.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave 32
Coogs 24
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
squilz
Low Tide

Tulane 34
Houston 31

nail-biter all the way
Wave755
Tsunami

Bang the Book, very intelligent analysis of game here. :D

GreenLantern
Riptide

As much as I hope that Tulane wins this convincingly, I've got a lot of emotional scar tissue from being here too many times: Promising team. High profile game with a chance for a signature win. National attention and a chance for great television exposure. Big local push to fill the stadium.

And then, heartbreak. The opposing team comes from behind in the last few minutes of the game to kill every hope and dream. Every would-be fan in NOLA sighs and says, "same old Tulane".

Sorry to be such a Debby downer, but I've become a doubting Thomas. As our fellow poster often says, ShowMe first.

Houston 34
Tulane 28
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hear ya, Lantern. But if it's the same old Tulane team, we would get blown out and the outcome of the game would be certain by halftime. I don't think this is the same old Tulane team. I think we win tomorrow night.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am not a fan of the powder blue, but I do like the helmets.... UH-24 Tulane- 17 ... The mobility of the UH QB will be the difference I hope, I am wrong
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !