Houston Game

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Fat Harry
Low Tide

Win baby Win!!!!

oliveandblue
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 pm I don't give a damn about what they wear this week. WIN THE DAMNED GAME. That's all that matters. This is probably the most important game in Fritz's tenure at Tulane. WE NEED TO WIN.
Not quite.

Fritz has had 4 big games. He's 2-2 in them. The SMU game with Banks and the UH game last year were bigger than this.

He delivered vs. Navy and ULL.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

A few top 25 votes. The chance to go 3-1. The strongest we've been in years. Not ESPN2 or 3, but ESPN. Thursday night. THE NEXT GAME.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:46 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 pm I don't give a damn about what they wear this week. WIN THE DAMNED GAME. That's all that matters. This is probably the most important game in Fritz's tenure at Tulane. WE NEED TO WIN.
Not quite.

Fritz has had 4 big games. He's 2-2 in them. The SMU game with Banks and the UH game last year were bigger than this.

He delivered vs. Navy and ULL.
We will agree to disagree. This is the only game of the night, it's on ESPN, and we have a chance to take on a division rival that is CRITICAL to our chances to win the west division. I will stand by my statement, this is the most important game for Tulane to win since Fritz got here. Navy and ULL were not very good.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This is THE game...win this game and the Players will believe what is possible...lose, and doubt begins to creep in...but what the hell, it's only a game
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 am
All Blues = Awesome
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Crappy Thursday night NFL game. TU on ESPN, this is a game that can truly change this program.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:38 pm Crappy Thursday night NFL game. TU on ESPN, this is a game that can truly change this program.
EXACTLY.

THIS IS A MUST WIN ON A NATIONAL PLATFORM, Much more so than any game since coach Fritz got here. Certainly a whole lot more important than the crap bowl game we played against ULa-La.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:23 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 am
All Blues = Awesome
It’s funny to me that this wasn’t the tweet that blew up and got a lot of national attention. This was the superior tweet. I’m literally going to re edit the second half of this. Maybe when Mathew McChanahaue is talking about looking back have a 1998 clip, maybe have something SEC related and at some point have a negative view and throw some shade at cow/dick/CJ/buffet bob. Feel free to provide some ideas, I’m interested in making a Tulane hype video that gives Tulane it’s proper historical gravitas and also subtle dig at those who have kept us down.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 pm Spotlight earned:

https://theathletic.com/1222129/2019/09 ... o-deliver/
I have to ask, WTF is "The Ocho"?

Also, with a 50 % completion rate are we really that good of a passing team as the article suggests? I certainly have seen glimpses of good execution in the passing game, but also have seen some pretty bad plays as well.

Just deliver a win. I don't care if we look good, bad or ugly, just win baby. 3-1 means something. 2-2 means nothing.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think "OCHO" was a joke that came from a movie. There are so many ESPN networks that ESPN 8 would be way down the list.