Nola Dave

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
AnonymousTulane
Trickle

The Tulane Athletics department did not like the Jason Campbell incident being discussed on the fan message boards. Long-time Tulane photographer Nola Dave was stripped of his press credentials because of his involvement on the Ye Olde Green Wave Forum, even though he provided no actual commentary on the events that transpired with Jason.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11026

The CORRUPT fear me. The HONEST support me. The HEROIC join me. I am AnonymousTulane..
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

AnonymousTulane wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm The Tulane Athletics department did not like the Jason Campbell incident being discussed on the fan message boards. Long-time Tulane photographer Nola Dave was stripped of his press credentials because of his involvement on the Ye Olde Green Wave Forum, even though he provided no actual commentary on the events that transpired with Jason.

I get it, it's the old...... "I am interested in what you have to say, as long as it's what I want to hear"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AnonymousTulane wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm The Tulane Athletics department did not like the Jason Campbell incident being discussed on the fan message boards. Long-time Tulane photographer Nola Dave was stripped of his press credentials because of his involvement on the Ye Olde Green Wave Forum, even though he provided no actual commentary on the events that transpired with Jason.

Justin not Jason
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

That's just plain and simple wrong. Not the post, the Athletic Dept pulling his creds is just wrong.

Stand up and be accountable. If Tulane screwed up and didn't get a highly sought after recruit admitted, tell us why, don't go pulling someone's creds. Sh!t, if we were going to do that, Cowen should never be allowed on campus or at any game. He did a lot more damage to Tulane Athletics than anyone on this or the YOGWF board could ever do.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
MicMan
Swell

Is Nola Dave a TU employee? Is there a policy of not letting employees join forums? Was he warned? And why announce his credentials were pulled, to frighten other AD staff? Why now?

Another black mark for Dannen, who's had more misses than hits on Willow Street.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah this seems ridiculous. Never met Dave, bet everything he put online seems like a real greenie through and through. Lord knows we need more of them.

CT I do like your idea though . . . Can we please get restraining orders against cowen and dick
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:47 pm Yeah this seems ridiculous. Never met Dave, bet everything he put online seems like a real greenie through and through. Lord knows we need more of them.

CT I do like your idea though . . . Can we please get restraining orders against cowen and dick
Or at minimum take winwave and golfnut's suggestion and ad "Jerk" the the Cowen Circle in front of Gibson Hall..
Ruski
Swell

What a clown show. Dave's pictures and commitment to the athletic department (unofficially I believe) are way above what this department deserve. TD and his staff should be begging people of Dave's quality to be affiliated with them, not chasing them away.
Show Me
Tsunami

I support Nola Dave in spite of his site banning me and others over the years. How ironic that he gets banned by Tulane for his comments. (“Tulane being Tulane”)
Nola Dave loves Tulane as much as anyone especially baseball. Maybe his love for Tulane baseball is why he got the boot....
He should be praised and honored if anything for the 1,000’s of hours of his time he has given to the athletic dept over the years. Oh well that’s some Karma there.
Tulane/Dannen obviously trying to control these message boards. First Nola Dave then over here with Winwave practice reports.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I know us and YOGWF have our differences/rules, but I do hope one day both boards can join forces. The discussion would be better, and the visibility for Tulane would be greater. I'm always open to open the lines of communication together with them and figure something out. At the end of the day, we are too small of a school for the fans to be divided. Anyway. Maybe one day...
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Agree
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:10 am I know us and YOGWF have our differences/rules, but I do hope one day both boards can join forces. The discussion would be better, and the visibility for Tulane would be greater. I'm always open to open the lines of communication together with them and figure something out. At the end of the day, we are too small of a school for the fans to be divided. Anyway. Maybe one day...
That board was a whole lot better when Wayne was running it. I don't even know what petty offense JtS banned me for. It was a long time ago, and one day I went to log in and could not. He would give no explanation.

But you are right, we are a small school with a very small fan base, we should be more united.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

where can I get a "Free NOLA Dave" T-shirt
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Same place you can get your Banned by Noladave t-shirt. :D
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:32 pm Same place you can get your Banned by Noladave t-shirt. :D
This.

:lol:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:40 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:32 pm Same place you can get your Banned by Noladave t-shirt. :D
This.

:lol:
I've been Banned for years...but I wuz set free by Steve...and please...no photo's
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

One Word:

Hmmm....I wonder whom Anonymous Tulane might be?? :shock:
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Do they sell them (the "I've been banned from YOGWF T-Shirts") at the bookstore? Or that shop on Broadway (is it still called the Mushroom?) just around the corner from The Boot?
squilz
Low Tide

not to totally derail here, but who’s running yogwf? I tried to sign up here and there a few weeks ago after being a longtime lurker to discuss auburn tailgate plans. Had issues signing up for both but got a response immediately here, total radio silence from yogwf
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

:lol: a classic!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

This seems to be the modus operandi for Dannen’s Athletic Department. He blocked me on Twitter last year after I criticized Fritz for blowing the SMU game for the third year in a row.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sometimes life seems like one big irony. To see Yoggie moderator NolaDave banned by Tulane proves that life is inherently humorous.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenphantom
Swell

Brilliant. I’m not exactly going to shed a tear although it sounds like a ridiculous move by Tulane if accurate. The classic days of YOGWF did a huge disservice to Tulane athletics. I don’t know if it’s as bad anymore with banning people but I got banned years ago just for not towing the Tulane party line that all was well and that we were just a player or 2 away from busting the BCS when, in reality, we were a CUSA bottom feeder. They had the odd opinion that speaking poorly about Tulane on a forum would do more damage to recruiting then the actual on field product was doing.
MicMan
Swell

"And if you don't like it, you can walk across the street."