Tulane loses to Auburn 24-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:43 pm

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:24 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:59 am
This is a by product of not having "self discipline"...this has nothing to do with Coaching...a coach can only do so much
Not at all nut. Our high school coach would make each player come in the morning after a game at 5AM and lay down roll 200 yards (goal line to goal line and back). You bet your ass we had very few bonehead penalties. It's all about respecting (and having a little fear) of your coach. Discipline can be taught.
ya can run and roll all you want..but if the snap count is on "two" and U move on "one' that is a direct result of self implosion and a lack of concentration.....


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18936
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Some good news... With Justin McMillian struggling there was no mention of “ LSU transfer” with our local media. :oops:
I guess he’s ours now. :mrgreen:
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 7212
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:47 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:20 pm
Lack of discipline is a direct reflection of coaching. These stupid bone-headed penalties must be eliminated, and it is a knock against Fritz and the coaching staff. It MUST end. It's going to prevent us from competing for a conference championship if it doesn't.
I have to agree with Steve here. Fritz has NEVER had a problem with lack of discipline anywhere coached. Why would it start now?
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Please read the "comments section" after the reading the article
https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/ ... uburn.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7954
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:58 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:47 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:20 pm
Lack of discipline is a direct reflection of coaching. These stupid bone-headed penalties must be eliminated, and it is a knock against Fritz and the coaching staff. It MUST end. It's going to prevent us from competing for a conference championship if it doesn't.
I have to agree with Steve here. Fritz has NEVER had a problem with lack of discipline anywhere coached. Why would it start now?
If it was a one year abberation, I could live with that. But it's been this way since he got here into his 4th season.

FIX IT COACH.

If you cannot wait for the proper snap count, sit your ass on the bench. It's a very basic concept for football, not an advanced specialty. The false starts and holding penalties are our own worst enemy. Typical Tulane shooting itself in the foot.

It's on the coaching staff to fix this immediately. PERIOD.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
MicMan
Surge
Posts: 631
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Teams have to learn how to win. Not getting stomped by Auburn on the road was the next step; now it's time to put it all together.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3114
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:17 pm

We lost to an average Auburn team that won’t win 8 games this year. Very disappointed with the drops, penalties and what looked like lack of organization running on and off the field during plays. We looked like we didn’t know who was supposed to be in the game half the time when Auburn made a big play. We didn’t look prepared to win in my opinion. Coaching lacked this weekend. We won’t beat any of the top AAC teams with similar efforts.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 am

‘Why not us?!’ An inside look at how Tulane proved it belongs vs. Auburn


https://theathletic.com/1197154/2019/09 ... vs-auburn/
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7954
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:19 pm

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 am
‘Why not us?!’ An inside look at how Tulane proved it belongs vs. Auburn


https://theathletic.com/1197154/2019/09 ... vs-auburn/
That's a great article. The Green Wave needs to build on a solid, but not winning performance and learn to win these types of games. The program has certainly come a long way in Fritz's tenure. But we need better QB play, and be able to execute in the big games. As others have said, there's no team on the schedule we cannot beat. Houston, Memphis and UCF are all tough but if we play better and execute we have an opportunity for something special this year.

We obviously have to play better than we did "on the Plains."
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:25 pm

I love the people who are now doubting auburn being good :roll: They just beat Oregon the week before, 60%+ of their roster are blue chip athletes but ya know we pushed them so they must be garbage.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7954
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:20 pm

What kills me is how the Auburn announcers don't acknowledge the fact that Tulane is well coached. We have MANY posters on this forum that discount opponents coaching in the same way. Our opponents have coaches that are paid to win games, and that's their bottom line same as our coaches. But many here think we can take the field and out-scheme our opponents or dominate them just because they think Coach Fritz is a great coach.

I think he's a good coach, but as he says "Johny's and Joes are more important than X's and O's."

Every team we play has a coaching staff that's being paid good money to beat us. There's no roll over victories. And this Auburn team that we just lost to RIGHT NOW is nowhere near as good as the one that UCF beat in the Peach Bowl. Maybe they mature and get better, but right now they're maybe an 8 win team.

Our Wave has the opportunity to step up and be a 8+ win team. But we have to play a whole lot better than we did this past Saturday.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:20 pm
What kills me is how the Auburn announcers don't acknowledge the fact that Tulane is well coached. We have MANY posters on this forum that discount opponents coaching in the same way. Our opponents have coaches that are paid to win games, and that's their bottom line same as our coaches. But many here think we can take the field and out-scheme our opponents or dominate them just because they think Coach Fritz is a great coach.

I think he's a good coach, but as he says "Johny's and Joes are more important than X's and O's."

Every team we play has a coaching staff that's being paid good money to beat us. There's no roll over victories. And this Auburn team that we just lost to RIGHT NOW is nowhere near as good as the one that UCF beat in the Peach Bowl. Maybe they mature and get better, but right now they're maybe an 8 win team.

Our Wave has the opportunity to step up and be a 8+ win team. But we have to play a whole lot better than we did this past Saturday.
Do you ever have anything insightful or original to add ?
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3114
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:44 am

nawlinspete wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:20 pm
What kills me is how the Auburn announcers don't acknowledge the fact that Tulane is well coached. We have MANY posters on this forum that discount opponents coaching in the same way. Our opponents have coaches that are paid to win games, and that's their bottom line same as our coaches. But many here think we can take the field and out-scheme our opponents or dominate them just because they think Coach Fritz is a great coach.

I think he's a good coach, but as he says "Johny's and Joes are more important than X's and O's."

Every team we play has a coaching staff that's being paid good money to beat us. There's no roll over victories. And this Auburn team that we just lost to RIGHT NOW is nowhere near as good as the one that UCF beat in the Peach Bowl. Maybe they mature and get better, but right now they're maybe an 8 win team.

Our Wave has the opportunity to step up and be a 8+ win team. But we have to play a whole lot better than we did this past Saturday.
Do you ever have anything insightful or original to add ?
DfrCT is a great contributor you are nothing but a troll. Get a life loser.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:16 am

We absolutely don't have MANY here that think we can win just because they think Fritz is a great coach. What we do have is a lot of people that understand we are in year 4 of the process. The talent is better. We finally are not a young team for the first time in ages and we have depth at every position. They also understand who Tulane has been and know that we have to be prepared for EVERY opponent as the talent is not dominating by any means. They also understand it's a fan forum and that it's ok to be positive about the team and it's possibilities this season.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7954
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 am

winwave wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:16 am
We absolutely don't have MANY here that think we can win just because they think Fritz is a great coach. What we do have is a lot of people that understand we are in year 4 of the process. The talent is better. We finally are not a young team for the first time in ages and we have depth at every position. They also understand who Tulane has been and know that we have to be prepared for EVERY opponent as the talent is not dominating by any means. They also understand it's a fan forum and that it's ok to be positive about the team and it's possibilities this season.
Your obsession with contradicting my posts continues. Call your therapist, and avoid sharp objects.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 am

Nice try. I'm fine. This is where you get in trouble. You're just making things up in that post to try and make yourself the smartest guy in the room. You're not. Get over yourself. We had a couple of posters say we were going to kick FIU's ass and guess what they were right.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18936
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:37 pm

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:23 pm
Their students were great. I was amazed at the number of guys that wore a coat and Auburn tie in that 100 degree plus heat and stayed to the end.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Surge
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:37 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:23 pm
Their students were great. I was amazed at the number of guys that wore a coat and Auburn tie in that 100 degree plus heat and stayed to the end.
The Greek groups are assigned their seating by their record of attendance. If your area looks unfilled, you lose it to another Greek. As for the coats, pledges are required to wear them as initiation process.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18936
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm

anEngineer wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm


The Greek groups are assigned their seating by their record of attendance. If your area looks unfilled, you lose it to another Greek. As for the coats, pledges are required to wear them as initiation process.
👍
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
Eaglewave
Swell
Posts: 2066
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:36 am
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:18 am

Our defense fought Auburn in every way. I was proud of the way they played. We are a serious AAC contender. Any G5 program that is not ranked in the top 2 of their conference is in serious trouble when they line up against the Wave. Yes, we missed opportunities against SEC Auburn, but our defense held their own. We have to dust ourselves off and get back to winning. This year’s team is going to surprise many of you 5-7 win prediction experts. We aren’t what we use to be.
Bowl Wave!
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Online

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:26 am

Eaglewave wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:18 am
This year’s team is going to surprise many of you 5-7 win prediction experts. We aren’t what we use to be.
Hope you're right. My crystal balls showed a 6-6 season, but wouldn't it be fun to be wrong. The Houston game will tell us what we need to know.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Angry coach: Tulane offensive coordinator Will Hall blames himself for brutal night at Auburn

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 5e042.html
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Post Reply