Tulane loses to Auburn 24-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:50 pm



Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:03 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:09 pm
greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:01 am
The difference between the Mooney drop and the Auburn catch was that the Auburn ball never hit the ground because our defender stole it from him and unfortunately that worked against us as the ball was clearly going to come out. Should have been ruled an INT on the field.
Mooney did not make a catch. This is silly. He even knew it, just watch his reaction and his teammates reaction.
No one is bashing him. This is big boy football, he had a drop on a relatively difficult catch. In the end it probably would not have made a difference. The earlier TD drop was the big play of the game. Could have totally changed the momentum.

I know he didn’t make the catch. Someone asked what the difference was and my explanation is that the ball came out of Moody’s hands. Didn’t bash him although he did not have a good game. We need to make those plays and I’m sure he would agree.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:06 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 am
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm
BS on Mooney. Had to leap for it.
You r wrong. It went through his hands. Watch the replay.
Wrong as usual. You'll slink away as usual.
You are a child.

Just watched the replay. You can see the whole game on the ESPN app. Scroll to 14 minutes left in the game. Mooney literally did not even jump or need to jump at all. The ball comes right down into his hands. It wasn’t an easy play cause he was dealing with the sideline but the ball absolutely needed to be caught.
Who is slinking away now ya clown? .
Unlike you I won't slink away. You're right it wasn't much of a leap. Both feet do leave the ground as he attempts to haul it in and then tries to get a foot in bounds. As McWave said he catches it and rolls out and it seems that should be a catch. He rolls some more though and it comes out and gets ruled as a non catch. Sucks. Much different from the James drop where he was hit in stride. Later slinky.
His feet leave the ground cause he is falling to the ground to stay in bounds.
I have legit no clue how you came up with this POV that I slink away from anything. Everything turns ugly with you for no reason, anger management would help. You are wrong and this is confirmed on video and by several posters. Just move on and consider better manners.
You talking about manners. LMFAO. Grow up. He leaves his feet as he's reaching out to haul in the throw.It's a catch we wished he would have made but it was a tough catch to make and others have noted that here and on the other site. Also Willie never cited it in the aftermath of the game. It makes no sense to say he would leave his feet to try and stay in bounds. Later slinky.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
KBWAVE
Trickle
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:46 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:49 pm

I don't think McMillen was trying to throw the ball away. It looked like he was trying to get it to Huderson who quit running.
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Some posters on here are insufferable. Petty ad hominem attacks on each other are certainly running rampant. I don’t see why that’s not against forum rules. I understand we don’t want to be yoghurt but there should be no place for that here.


Huderson did nothing . . . Exactly the problem. He in past games has taken away carries from our 3 studs. When he is out there he can be ignored.

Anyone who says this is same old Tulane . . . I question your sanity and if you have actually watched these games.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Penalty parade:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... ddf5a.html

Got one vote in the Coaches' poll.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 7212
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:31 pm

KBWAVE wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:49 pm
I don't think McMillen was trying to throw the ball away. It looked like he was trying to get it to Huderson who quit running.
That's how I saw it when it first happened. I think McM expected Huderson to turn upfield and he tried to drop it in over the defender.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18936
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Went to the game. Great support by Wave fans. We just didn’t make the plays necessary to beat a top 10 team. Two dropped TD passes. Too many penalties. Take care of those two and we may have pulled off the upset. Mc didn’t play his best but he had about 3 to 4 drops that were not on him.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
capwave
High Tide
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:37 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:55 pm

My take:

1) Really thought our defense and especially the D-line played great until the 4th when they just got wore down.
2) Jalen McCleskey needs to toughen up and be willing to catch a ball when in traffic or he needs to just stay on the sideline.
3) Mcmillan was disappointing, but there were way too many dropped passes.
4) Too many dropped passes and penalties in this game. It needs to get cleaned up ASAP.
5) Shocked about the 2 made field goals.
6) Had we played clean and caught the ball, we could have easily won this game.
7) We will improve and will not face a defense close to Auburn. Tulane will have a solid year and will compete for a AAC title.
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Spot on on all seven CAP .

We need you to post regularly . .
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 pm

winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:06 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 am
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm
BS on Mooney. Had to leap for it.
You r wrong. It went through his hands. Watch the replay.
Wrong as usual. You'll slink away as usual.
You are a child.

Just watched the replay. You can see the whole game on the ESPN app. Scroll to 14 minutes left in the game. Mooney literally did not even jump or need to jump at all. The ball comes right down into his hands. It wasn’t an easy play cause he was dealing with the sideline but the ball absolutely needed to be caught.
Who is slinking away now ya clown? .
Unlike you I won't slink away. You're right it wasn't much of a leap. Both feet do leave the ground as he attempts to haul it in and then tries to get a foot in bounds. As McWave said he catches it and rolls out and it seems that should be a catch. He rolls some more though and it comes out and gets ruled as a non catch. Sucks. Much different from the James drop where he was hit in stride. Later slinky.
His feet leave the ground cause he is falling to the ground to stay in bounds.
I have legit no clue how you came up with this POV that I slink away from anything. Everything turns ugly with you for no reason, anger management would help. You are wrong and this is confirmed on video and by several posters. Just move on and consider better manners.
You talking about manners. LMFAO. Grow up. He leaves his feet as he's reaching out to haul in the throw.It's a catch we wished he would have made but it was a tough catch to make and others have noted that here and on the other site. Also Willie never cited it in the aftermath of the game. It makes no sense to say he would leave his feet to try and stay in bounds. Later slinky.
I don’t get why you are arguing this. It was clearly a drop. Doesn’t mean it was an easy catch but it was right in his bread basket. I guarantee you Mooney himself would say it’s one that he should have come up with. Just because Fritz didn’t mention it, doesn’t change the fact that it was a dropped TD.
User avatar
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:58 pm

The biggest argument is: WE gave them every opportunity to win this game and they did exactly that. I fully understand that this Tulane team is much better than what we have been subjected to BUT the bottom line is that we, as you saw this past Saturday, DO NOT HAVE THAT KILL MENTALITY. In those instances, yes, the "same old Tulane team" showed up.......That is the point......Other G5 teams can take the "big boys" down to the wire and even beat them. Army, Boise State and others, If you want to be a P5, play like one CONSISTENTLY! We STILL have not learned how to do that. That's a fact based on statistics. I am 50/50...We are MUCH improved yet the :"ghosts of the past" sometime still return on that field, I don't understand....Feel free to explain....
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
User avatar
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:09 pm

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:50 pm
You can see the ref reach for his flag in his pocket before the DB makes contact with the receiver. Gee, I thought it wasn't a penalty to an actual penalty ocurred?
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5550
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:46 pm

greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:03 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:09 pm
greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:01 am
The difference between the Mooney drop and the Auburn catch was that the Auburn ball never hit the ground because our defender stole it from him and unfortunately that worked against us as the ball was clearly going to come out. Should have been ruled an INT on the field.
Mooney did not make a catch. This is silly. He even knew it, just watch his reaction and his teammates reaction.
No one is bashing him. This is big boy football, he had a drop on a relatively difficult catch. In the end it probably would not have made a difference. The earlier TD drop was the big play of the game. Could have totally changed the momentum.

I know he didn’t make the catch. Someone asked what the difference was and my explanation is that the ball came out of Moody’s hands. Didn’t bash him although he did not have a good game. We need to make those plays and I’m sure he would agree.
I was just talking generally not to you phantom, if that makes sense.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 pm

greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:06 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 am
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm
BS on Mooney. Had to leap for it.
You r wrong. It went through his hands. Watch the replay.
Wrong as usual. You'll slink away as usual.
You are a child.

Just watched the replay. You can see the whole game on the ESPN app. Scroll to 14 minutes left in the game. Mooney literally did not even jump or need to jump at all. The ball comes right down into his hands. It wasn’t an easy play cause he was dealing with the sideline but the ball absolutely needed to be caught.
Who is slinking away now ya clown? .
Unlike you I won't slink away. You're right it wasn't much of a leap. Both feet do leave the ground as he attempts to haul it in and then tries to get a foot in bounds. As McWave said he catches it and rolls out and it seems that should be a catch. He rolls some more though and it comes out and gets ruled as a non catch. Sucks. Much different from the James drop where he was hit in stride. Later slinky.
His feet leave the ground cause he is falling to the ground to stay in bounds.
I have legit no clue how you came up with this POV that I slink away from anything. Everything turns ugly with you for no reason, anger management would help. You are wrong and this is confirmed on video and by several posters. Just move on and consider better manners.
You talking about manners. LMFAO. Grow up. He leaves his feet as he's reaching out to haul in the throw.It's a catch we wished he would have made but it was a tough catch to make and others have noted that here and on the other site. Also Willie never cited it in the aftermath of the game. It makes no sense to say he would leave his feet to try and stay in bounds. Later slinky.
I don’t get why you are arguing this. It was clearly a drop. Doesn’t mean it was an easy catch but it was right in his bread basket. I guarantee you Mooney himself would say it’s one that he should have come up with. Just because Fritz didn’t mention it, doesn’t change the fact that it was a dropped TD.
Go back to page 3 and read my post. I never said it wasn't ultimately a drop. I said it would have been a great catch. It wasn't a gimme like James' was. Jax tried to lump it in with James. It wasn't the same and that's why I pointed out that Fritz didn't lump it in with the things we did to hurt ourselves.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3310
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:02 pm

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, and think back only to CJ & “Buffet” Bob Toledo and remember how whenever Tulane played Tulsa @ Tulsa we seemed out-manned at every position and the score was generally about Tulsa 38, Tulane 3 at half? And, then Tulsa would mercifully empty it’s bench in the second half to hold the score under 60 points? That was “typical Tulane.” We lost last night a hard fought game to the no. 10 team in the country playing @ their home field. In late 2015 WF inherited a “dumpster fire” of a football program, yet at the very beginning of only his 4th season at Tulane has us competitive with an elite SEC team like Auburn, ranked no. 8 for today’s poll..

Relax Wave fans, we are going to win a lot of football games this season. :D
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5550
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:11 pm

capwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:55 pm
My take:

1) Really thought our defense and especially the D-line played great until the 4th when they just got wore down.
2) Jalen McCleskey needs to toughen up and be willing to catch a ball when in traffic or he needs to just stay on the sideline.
3) Mcmillan was disappointing, but there were way too many dropped passes.
4) Too many dropped passes and penalties in this game. It needs to get cleaned up ASAP.
5) Shocked about the 2 made field goals.
6) Had we played clean and caught the ball, we could have easily won this game.
7) We will improve and will not face a defense close to Auburn. Tulane will have a solid year and will compete for a AAC title.
This!!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5550
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:18 pm

TURVS71 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:58 pm
The biggest argument is: WE gave them every opportunity to win this game and they did exactly that. I fully understand that this Tulane team is much better than what we have been subjected to BUT the bottom line is that we, as you saw this past Saturday, DO NOT HAVE THAT KILL MENTALITY. In those instances, yes, the "same old Tulane team" showed up.......That is the point......Other G5 teams can take the "big boys" down to the wire and even beat them. Army, Boise State and others, If you want to be a P5, play like one CONSISTENTLY! We STILL have not learned how to do that. That's a fact based on statistics. I am 50/50...We are MUCH improved yet the :"ghosts of the past" sometime still return on that field, I don't understand....Feel free to explain....
We are vastly improved as far as talent, development and coaching. You just don’t normally go 0-60 MPH, that’s the only explanation I have. It takes time to learn how to win big games and build that culture at the college level. Still, the results are encouraging IMO. If this team stays engaged, we are 100% going to a bowl, which is better than what we have generally seen in the past.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5550
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 pm

winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 pm
greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:06 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 am
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm
BS on Mooney. Had to leap for it.
You r wrong. It went through his hands. Watch the replay.
Wrong as usual. You'll slink away as usual.
You are a child.

Just watched the replay. You can see the whole game on the ESPN app. Scroll to 14 minutes left in the game. Mooney literally did not even jump or need to jump at all. The ball comes right down into his hands. It wasn’t an easy play cause he was dealing with the sideline but the ball absolutely needed to be caught.
Who is slinking away now ya clown? .
Unlike you I won't slink away. You're right it wasn't much of a leap. Both feet do leave the ground as he attempts to haul it in and then tries to get a foot in bounds. As McWave said he catches it and rolls out and it seems that should be a catch. He rolls some more though and it comes out and gets ruled as a non catch. Sucks. Much different from the James drop where he was hit in stride. Later slinky.
His feet leave the ground cause he is falling to the ground to stay in bounds.
I have legit no clue how you came up with this POV that I slink away from anything. Everything turns ugly with you for no reason, anger management would help. You are wrong and this is confirmed on video and by several posters. Just move on and consider better manners.
You talking about manners. LMFAO. Grow up. He leaves his feet as he's reaching out to haul in the throw.It's a catch we wished he would have made but it was a tough catch to make and others have noted that here and on the other site. Also Willie never cited it in the aftermath of the game. It makes no sense to say he would leave his feet to try and stay in bounds. Later slinky.
I don’t get why you are arguing this. It was clearly a drop. Doesn’t mean it was an easy catch but it was right in his bread basket. I guarantee you Mooney himself would say it’s one that he should have come up with. Just because Fritz didn’t mention it, doesn’t change the fact that it was a dropped TD.
Go back to page 3 and read my post. I never said it wasn't ultimately a drop. I said it would have been a great catch. It wasn't a gimme like James' was. Jax tried to lump it in with James. It wasn't the same and that's why I pointed out that Fritz didn't lump it in with the things we did to hurt ourselves.
You are just too goshdarn cute.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Simply pointed out what I posted.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:32 pm

winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 pm
greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:06 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 am
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm
BS on Mooney. Had to leap for it.
You r wrong. It went through his hands. Watch the replay.
Wrong as usual. You'll slink away as usual.
You are a child.

Just watched the replay. You can see the whole game on the ESPN app. Scroll to 14 minutes left in the game. Mooney literally did not even jump or need to jump at all. The ball comes right down into his hands. It wasn’t an easy play cause he was dealing with the sideline but the ball absolutely needed to be caught.
Who is slinking away now ya clown? .
Unlike you I won't slink away. You're right it wasn't much of a leap. Both feet do leave the ground as he attempts to haul it in and then tries to get a foot in bounds. As McWave said he catches it and rolls out and it seems that should be a catch. He rolls some more though and it comes out and gets ruled as a non catch. Sucks. Much different from the James drop where he was hit in stride. Later slinky.
His feet leave the ground cause he is falling to the ground to stay in bounds.
I have legit no clue how you came up with this POV that I slink away from anything. Everything turns ugly with you for no reason, anger management would help. You are wrong and this is confirmed on video and by several posters. Just move on and consider better manners.
You talking about manners. LMFAO. Grow up. He leaves his feet as he's reaching out to haul in the throw.It's a catch we wished he would have made but it was a tough catch to make and others have noted that here and on the other site. Also Willie never cited it in the aftermath of the game. It makes no sense to say he would leave his feet to try and stay in bounds. Later slinky.
I don’t get why you are arguing this. It was clearly a drop. Doesn’t mean it was an easy catch but it was right in his bread basket. I guarantee you Mooney himself would say it’s one that he should have come up with. Just because Fritz didn’t mention it, doesn’t change the fact that it was a dropped TD.
Go back to page 3 and read my post. I never said it wasn't ultimately a drop. I said it would have been a great catch. It wasn't a gimme like James' was. Jax tried to lump it in with James. It wasn't the same and that's why I pointed out that Fritz didn't lump it in with the things we did to hurt ourselves.
Dude, you’ve been on a crusade to make sure everyone thinks that a ball that Mooney clearly dropped was somehow a difficult catch. It wasn’t as easy as James for sure but it was far from the highlight reel, just miss circus catch that you are making it out to be. It was placed right in his arms. Got to make that catch. Irrelevant that Fritz didn’t mention it post-game. As far as the James drop, I think he lost sight of the ball as it looked like he short-armed it.
anEngineer
Surge
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:41 pm

Yes, too many dropped passes and too many penalties, but the QB play was quite poor. McMillan definitely looks better running than throwing. His accuracy is very suspect. Too many in the ground or sailing over players' heads. We are going to need a LOT better play at that position to get where we want to get this year. The best deep ball thrown all night was thrown by Amari Jones. We all sure thought McCleskey would be a lot more a part of this offense.

While the defense was outstanding against the run, Nix had a number of wild passes that could have been completed. The Tulane defense definitely put pressure on the freshman QB, but will have to shore that up against more experienced QBs. All in all, it was a respectable performance but showed that this team needs a little more experience playing and succeeding in big game situations before we are ready to take that next step. Roll Wave!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:44 pm

greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:32 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 pm
greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:06 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 am
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm
BS on Mooney. Had to leap for it.
You r wrong. It went through his hands. Watch the replay.
Wrong as usual. You'll slink away as usual.
You are a child.

Just watched the replay. You can see the whole game on the ESPN app. Scroll to 14 minutes left in the game. Mooney literally did not even jump or need to jump at all. The ball comes right down into his hands. It wasn’t an easy play cause he was dealing with the sideline but the ball absolutely needed to be caught.
Who is slinking away now ya clown? .
Unlike you I won't slink away. You're right it wasn't much of a leap. Both feet do leave the ground as he attempts to haul it in and then tries to get a foot in bounds. As McWave said he catches it and rolls out and it seems that should be a catch. He rolls some more though and it comes out and gets ruled as a non catch. Sucks. Much different from the James drop where he was hit in stride. Later slinky.
His feet leave the ground cause he is falling to the ground to stay in bounds.
I have legit no clue how you came up with this POV that I slink away from anything. Everything turns ugly with you for no reason, anger management would help. You are wrong and this is confirmed on video and by several posters. Just move on and consider better manners.
You talking about manners. LMFAO. Grow up. He leaves his feet as he's reaching out to haul in the throw.It's a catch we wished he would have made but it was a tough catch to make and others have noted that here and on the other site. Also Willie never cited it in the aftermath of the game. It makes no sense to say he would leave his feet to try and stay in bounds. Later slinky.
I don’t get why you are arguing this. It was clearly a drop. Doesn’t mean it was an easy catch but it was right in his bread basket. I guarantee you Mooney himself would say it’s one that he should have come up with. Just because Fritz didn’t mention it, doesn’t change the fact that it was a dropped TD.
Go back to page 3 and read my post. I never said it wasn't ultimately a drop. I said it would have been a great catch. It wasn't a gimme like James' was. Jax tried to lump it in with James. It wasn't the same and that's why I pointed out that Fritz didn't lump it in with the things we did to hurt ourselves.
Dude, you’ve been on a crusade to make sure everyone thinks that a ball that Mooney clearly dropped was somehow a difficult catch. It wasn’t as easy as James for sure but it was far from the highlight reel, just miss circus catch that you are making it out to be. It was placed right in his arms. Got to make that catch. Irrelevant that Fritz didn’t mention it post-game. As far as the James drop, I think he lost sight of the ball as it looked like he short-armed it.
I'm far from the only one that saw it the way I did. We'll have to agree to disagree.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5550
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:50 pm

winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:44 pm
greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:32 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 pm
greenphantom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:06 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 am
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm
BS on Mooney. Had to leap for it.
You r wrong. It went through his hands. Watch the replay.
Wrong as usual. You'll slink away as usual.
You are a child.

Just watched the replay. You can see the whole game on the ESPN app. Scroll to 14 minutes left in the game. Mooney literally did not even jump or need to jump at all. The ball comes right down into his hands. It wasn’t an easy play cause he was dealing with the sideline but the ball absolutely needed to be caught.
Who is slinking away now ya clown? .
Unlike you I won't slink away. You're right it wasn't much of a leap. Both feet do leave the ground as he attempts to haul it in and then tries to get a foot in bounds. As McWave said he catches it and rolls out and it seems that should be a catch. He rolls some more though and it comes out and gets ruled as a non catch. Sucks. Much different from the James drop where he was hit in stride. Later slinky.
His feet leave the ground cause he is falling to the ground to stay in bounds.
I have legit no clue how you came up with this POV that I slink away from anything. Everything turns ugly with you for no reason, anger management would help. You are wrong and this is confirmed on video and by several posters. Just move on and consider better manners.
You talking about manners. LMFAO. Grow up. He leaves his feet as he's reaching out to haul in the throw.It's a catch we wished he would have made but it was a tough catch to make and others have noted that here and on the other site. Also Willie never cited it in the aftermath of the game. It makes no sense to say he would leave his feet to try and stay in bounds. Later slinky.
I don’t get why you are arguing this. It was clearly a drop. Doesn’t mean it was an easy catch but it was right in his bread basket. I guarantee you Mooney himself would say it’s one that he should have come up with. Just because Fritz didn’t mention it, doesn’t change the fact that it was a dropped TD.
Go back to page 3 and read my post. I never said it wasn't ultimately a drop. I said it would have been a great catch. It wasn't a gimme like James' was. Jax tried to lump it in with James. It wasn't the same and that's why I pointed out that Fritz didn't lump it in with the things we did to hurt ourselves.
Dude, you’ve been on a crusade to make sure everyone thinks that a ball that Mooney clearly dropped was somehow a difficult catch. It wasn’t as easy as James for sure but it was far from the highlight reel, just miss circus catch that you are making it out to be. It was placed right in his arms. Got to make that catch. Irrelevant that Fritz didn’t mention it post-game. As far as the James drop, I think he lost sight of the ball as it looked like he short-armed it.
I'm far from the only one that saw it the way I did. We'll have to agree to disagree.
You sexy little biatch. No matter the evidence you charge forward. Work it sista.
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 pm

Wave755 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:15 pm
RobertM320 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:03 pm
I will say this. I hope we enjoy the $1.9M check, because I guarantee you no other school is going to give us that kind of money to play them ever again. We're good enough now that its too big a risk.
+1, we are a “cup cake” no more, and P5s can’t count on Tulane’s quarterback having a 50.5 rating every game or 2 dropped balls by Tulane that would have been touchdowns.
While McMillan is not a good QB by any reasonable definition, he’s better than what Tulane has had in recent years. However, until Fritz can show that he can develop a QB into at least being high end by G5 standards, P5s aren’t going to fear Tulane, as, odds are that Tulane’s QB position will continually cause Tulane to lose games that it otherwise could have won.
Post Reply