Tulane loses to Auburn 24-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm Angry coach: Tulane offensive coordinator Will Hall blames himself for brutal night at Auburn

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 5e042.html

Here's the answer as to how many freshmen played last week. Its been a long time since we've been veteran enough not to HAVE to play freshmen.
With experienced players dominating the top of the depth chart, only two true freshmen played against Auburn—center Sincere Haynesworth and linebacker Dorian Williams.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Gawd...this game is history...let it go.....on to Bass Pro U
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
AugWave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:52 am Gawd...this game is history...let it go.....on to Bass Pro U
This. We competed. We beat ourselves. Even Auburn fans are giving us props. Let's move forward and get some dubs...
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I just shared it because it was published yesterday. And at least for once, a coach was taking credit for the poor performance on the offensive front. But I agree, Auburn is over, and I EXPECT us to improve each week.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami

AugWave wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:14 am
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:52 am Gawd...this game is history...let it go.....on to Bass Pro U
This. We competed. We beat ourselves. Even Auburn fans are giving us props. Let's move forward and get some dubs...
Yep, and the refs beat us too fulfilling everyone's "expectations" for the game; every call went Auburn's way and James didn't make the catch, now time to move on.

And remember, you can lose one game and still have a Hell of a season! :D 🙌👍
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The targeting call was absolutely the right call.

The lack of holding calls when our D-linemen were getting tackled were brutal.

Game is long over, time to turn the page. Two games in the next 6 days.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:48 am
Yep, and the refs beat us too fulfilling everyone's "expectations" for the game; every call went Auburn's way and James didn't make the catch, now time to move on.

If U are the University of Texas @ Austin U can lose 4 games and still scream..."we're back' !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:25 pm

If U are the University of Texas @ Austin U can lose 4 games and still scream..."we're back' !!!
They won 10 games and played in the Big 12 Championship game. I think EVERY Tulane fan would sign on for that in a heartbeat. We haven't won 10 games in a season this century. I think your Texas Tech team might have done it once, despite their so-called great years early in this century.

Tom Herman is a hell of a good coach. They're going to fight with OU to dominate the Big 12 until it implodes.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:36 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:25 pm

They won 10 games and played in the Big 12 Championship game. I think EVERY Tulane fan would sign on for that in a heartbeat. We haven't won 10 games in a season this century. I think your Texas Tech team might have done it once, despite their so-called great years early in this century.

Tom Herman is a hell of a good coach. They're going to fight with OU to dominate the Big 12 until it implodes.
U may be correct...but many around here see UT losing 4 this year.....Hermann in my opinion is a good of a coach, not a great one.. 4 L's last year and got beat by Texas Tech....his record at UT is 18-11 ..Tx Tech was 11-2 in 2008, but they are Tech...NOT THE UNIVERSITY of TEXAS @ AUSTIN.....I may be wrong, but I think OU, Baylor, Iowa State and OSU can beat UT
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Texas Tech lost to UT by a touchdown last fall.

https://texastech.com/boxscore.aspx?id= ... h=football

Certainly the UT faithful want them competing for a spot in the ESPN MNC Playoff. 10-3 is not going to get them there. But they're a hell of a lot more competitive than they've been for a while, they need to take the next step up. This is Herman's 3rd year there, I believe. I don't think they reach the ESPN playoff, but they should have a solid shot at the Big 12 championship. We shall see....

Woody,, let's put this thread to bed and move forward. If you want to talk UT or Big 12 football this week or in the coming weeks, we can start a new thread in the Rathskeller forum.

ROLL WAVE!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:17 pm Texas Tech lost to UT by a touchdown last fall.

https://texastech.com/boxscore.aspx?id= ... h=football

Certainly the UT faithful want them competing for a spot in the ESPN MNC Playoff. 10-3 is not going to get them there. But they're a hell of a lot more competitive than they've been for a while, they need to take the next step up. This is Herman's 3rd year there, I believe. I don't think they reach the ESPN playoff, but they should have a solid shot at the Big 12 championship. We shall see....

Woody,, let's put this thread to bed and move forward. If you want to talk UT or Big 12 football this week or in the coming weeks, we can start a new thread in the Rathskeller forum.

ROLL WAVE!
U are correct I was thinking 2017 when Tech beat Hermann's jaugernaut in Austin...no more big12
Show Me
Tsunami

As of today Auburn is 25-22 in its last 47 SEC games. Not much there once you weed out their weak non-conference schedule.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:39 am As of today Auburn is 25-22 in its last 47 SEC games. Not much there once you weed out their weak non-conference schedule.
Yet some claim they are leaps and bounds better than Michigan!!!!!!!!!!! The AP Poll has them 4 spots behind Michigan.