Auburn Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

More good stuff from part of Larry Holder's game article at the Athletic:

Beating FIU by one point would have taken the pressure off Tulane heading into its Week 2 matchup at No. 16 Auburn. Crushing FIU with a near flawless offensive outing should provide the Green Wave with legitimate aspirations that they can supplant the Tigers at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Tulane seems to be catching Auburn at the right time with a possible hangover effect after it faces No.11 Oregon on Saturday night.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

It’s gonna be our toughest road game of the season. I’m hoping Auburn wins today to help with our strength of schedule.
MicMan
Swell

Fun Wikipedia fact: Tulane leads in series 17-14-6. Last Wave win was October 29, 1955 at #8 Auburn, 27-13.
GreenLantern
Riptide

dpm wave
Swell

I'll pass on having bammers in our corner
RobertM320
Green Wave

dpm wave wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:20 pm I'll pass on having bammers in our corner
I'll bet if they were advocating to add Tulane to a 16 team SEC you wouldn't feel that way.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:57 pm
dpm wave wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:20 pm I'll pass on having bammers in our corner
I'll bet if they were advocating to add Tulane to a 16 team SEC you wouldn't feel that way.
But they're not.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenphantom
Swell

I’d like to think we can play with Auburn but we’ve been a bad road team in the past. Hope that changes next Saturday.
Wavetime
Swell

Maybe Oregon is that good, but I see a vast difference between them and Auburn
Eaglewave
Swell

We are going to play to win vs Auburn. We will perform much better than many of you believe. The best QB will be wearing an Angry Wave helmet. If we keep the clock rolling in the first half, this game won’t get away from us.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:38 pm We are going to play to win vs Auburn. We will perform much better than many of you believe. The best QB will be wearing an Angry Wave helmet. If we keep the clock rolling in the first half, this game won’t get away from us.
We will be 2 TD underdogs at the least. The best QB on the field is the one that was a 5 star that was one of the top 20 recruits in the country. He also played so well late in the game that he popped his cherry and can hardly be considered a true Frosh. If we get play anywhere close to outplaying him from McM, it means we're in the game. Auburn showed a whole lot of speed on both sides of the ball that we didn't see Thursday night.

That all said, I don't think this is an un-winnable game. We have to step up, it's not FIU next Saturday.

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:38 pm We are going to play to win vs Auburn. We will perform much better than many of you believe. The best QB will be wearing an Angry Wave helmet. If we keep the clock rolling in the first half, this game won’t get away from us.
Yes . We are going to play to win next Saturday. It won't be about just trying to keep the score down.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

TBD who the best QB will be on the field next week. I do agree there will be incredible speed and size on offense and defense for Auburn. What % of their team are 4 & 5 star athletes ?

With that being said if our offensive line can put up a fight we have weapons all over the field and a dual threat QB with great instincts. Our Defensive line is going to use this game as a highlight real to show NFL scouts. Even our secondary looked good. With that being said I’m guessing we’ll still be 3 td dawgs. I wonder where auburn will be ranked next week
swampnik
Surge

Can we dare to dream now? I think yes when:
Our QB is showing great passing efficiency (better than Nix who went 13-31, comeback heroics or not), and great bulldozing running style
Use of the TE James adds another dimension we have not seen in years (James was a 4-star according to ESPN ratings)
D is mean, lean and hungry to show they can play against a SEC ranked caliber team (LSU was not available).
A stable of RB'(s who can run, cut and catch. Endless combos there.
Special teams developing quick and ready not to lose games as in the past. I think Glover could have kicked a FG from the 32 at end of game but fritz is too classy to add points that late in the game.
Plus, history likes us as we lead the all-time series with the Tigers.
Roll Wave!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Auburn is favored by 21.5. The O/U is 51.5.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Most Auburn fans think this is a blow out Auburn win. Let's show them they're wrong.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Malzahn previews Tulane

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892
Swell

After seeing Auburn in person, Auburn did not perform that well in game 1, and I'm of the opinion that Oregon lost their game by becoming more conservative on offense in the second half than Auburn won it.

If that was indeed the case, Tulane may have a fair shot at winning as long as it does not make a similar mistake.
anEngineer
Riptide

As "entertaining" as it was, I would caution Justin McMillen against those stutter step moves against Auburn or he's going to find a big, fast DL right up his butt real quick. As a viewer, you can always see the hit coming from behind and sense the pending fumble.