Tulane tears apart the paper panthers 42 -14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McMillan is getting it done!!!

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

28-7 at half. Over 300 yards of offense.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:18 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:12 pm DLine needs to get more pressure on FIU QB.
We've got 1 sack, which is more than FIU averaged per game last year when their QB was only sacked 8 times. It's a veteran O-line. Despite their scoring drive, I think our D is playing great, but we need to keep it up.
They play in the CUSA. I don’t care what they did last year. Our DLine needs to put more pressure on their QB. We play Auburn next week.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Out offense is dominating this game!!😀😀😀😀
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:36 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:12 pm DLine needs to get more pressure on FIU QB.
We've got 1 sack, which is more than FIU averaged per game last year when their QB was only sacked 8 times. It's a veteran O-line. Despite their scoring drive, I think our D is playing great, but we need to keep it up.
They play in the CUSA. I don’t care what they did last year. Our DLine needs to put more pressure on their QB. We play Auburn next week.
I'm not going to argue, I'm going to enjoy.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:39 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:36 pm
I'm not going to argue, I'm going to enjoy.

ROLL WAVE!
I completely agree with that. 🌊🌊🌊
RobertM320
Green Wave

We've held them to 113 total yards of offense. We must be doing something right.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:37 pm Out offense is dominating this game!!😀😀😀😀
They're playing great, and making me eat my forecast of growing pains. I'm thoroughly impressed. McM has played great, the only concern is some of the balls to the wide side of the field are in the air a long time. But man, he's played 1000% better than last year. I watched a number of his games that I still have on the DVR, and it's a night and day difference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:42 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:37 pm Out offense is dominating this game!!😀😀😀😀
They're playing great, and making me eat my forecast of growing pains. I'm thoroughly impressed. McM has played great, the only concern is some of the balls to the wide side of the field are in the air a long time. But man, he's played 1000% better than last year. I watched a number of his games that I still have on the DVR, and it's a night and day difference.

I agree with you about those WR screens, D. Almost had a couple picked off.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I am disappointed by the crowd. The night of the week, and the opponent, do matter. That said, this is an important game, and N.O. should support this team.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like Zion is going to experience the rest of his college career vicariously through Tulane.
galvezwave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:50 pm I am disappointed by the crowd. The night of the week, and the opponent, do matter. That said, this is an important game, and N.O. should support this team.
Ha. Everyone has been run off or dead. It’s gonna take a lot more than a minor bowl win over ULL. A lot more . So much damage has been done . Play an entire season like they’re playing right now and people will wanna come watch.
RobertM320
Green Wave

McMillan to Mooney, 42 yds for the TD! 35-7. Wave
JerseyWave
Riptide

This offense has a bunch of freakin studs......Mooney, Jones, Dauphine, McMillan, Bradwell
Last edited by JerseyWave on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:50 pm I am disappointed by the crowd. The night of the week, and the opponent, do matter. That said, this is an important game, and N.O. should support this team.
And don't forget, 70K New Orleanians are sitting in the Superdome for a meaningless pre-season Saints game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think we should all thank winwave for the BRILLIANT strategy of giving us a scrimmage report that lead us all to believe McM was not any better than what we saw last year. I'm sure Butch Davis bit the hook! He's an extremely improved QB working in a much more effective offense.

:mrgreen:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Amazing game so far ! Our new radio guy is a real pro, well prepared. Smiling ear to ear listening to this beat down
JerseyWave
Riptide

Dauphine just put the nail in FIU’s coffin. 42-7. I’d like to see Keon Howard get in the game.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Dauphine goes for 50 yds and another TD! 42-7 Wave. A total beatdown.

Only downside I see is I doubt Auburn will overlook us now.
RobertM320
Green Wave

435 yds of offense, halfway through the 3rd quarter.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:05 pm I think we should all thank winwave for the BRILLIANT strategy of giving us a scrimmage report that lead us all to believe McM was not any better than what we saw last year. I'm sure Butch Davis bit the hook! He's an extremely improved QB working in a much more effective offense.

:mrgreen:
😂😂😂😂😂
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McM and this offense is a machine!!!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

We are good. Solid. I’m impressed.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tulane playing very sloppy football in the third quarter.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Howard in at quarterback.